Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    There's a slider which allows you to turn it off.

I'm playing on PS4 and so far I'm satisfied. The frame rate has been smooth in all situations, and it looks very nice. The sound files are definitely not lower quality as someone suggested earlier, at least not on PS4.
    Speaking of fps is it 30 or 60 for PS4/XB1?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Speaking of fps is it 30 or 60 for PS4/XB1?
    It's definitely not 60 fps. I don't know what has officially been stated, or if any tests have been done yet. There is no way to measure fps on PS4 without using a special setup so I can't put a figure on it for you, but it feels like it's not dipping below 30. I've not noticed any choppiness or lag so far.

Is the ESM format or StringIds different in the Special Edition?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Guess we won't be seeing a special edition script extender for a while... which has a huge knock on effect... so far only three of the mods I use seem to have been converted to special edition. Guess it's back to Enderal until the game becomes playable once more.

I'm actually thinking of getting this for PS4 just so I can immerse myself in the world of Skyrim on my big screen on my couch. Yeah yeah I know you can plug your PC into the TV blah blah I'm way too lazy to do that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    PC users got special edition for free. Things I noticed.

1. Depth of field is annoying, makes for nice screen shots but it has some sort of autofocus DOF thing going on, options only have a slider and no turn off option.. Getting a slight headache from it, it's tiring on the eyes and annoying in motion, just looks good for screenies.

2. Fog is a lot thicker, but honestly along with the DOF it's like it adds a layer of mucus to the visuals that reduces clarity.. It's like the air is thicker all of the time, annoying.

3. A lot of stuff just looks vanilla, low res textures etc and while it's better in general it's nothing amazing. Texture and static mesh quality looks considerably worse compared to original modded.

4. Sound files are lower quality than original game, probably to save space on download for consoles.

Really if you have not played original Skyrim in a while you wont even notice any difference (unless you played on PS3/Xb360), it will just look like Skyrim. A now very dated looking epic adventure RPG. The modding capability of the special edition is much better and the modded graphics possibilities are quite a bit better, but with the modding scene being dead I can't see it ever happening.
    yep, basically my experience. to be honest, I kinda found it disappointing, but.. I got it for free as well, so there's that. I suppose its still nitce to be abel to play it on current gen consoles.

Well crap...I don't have Hearthfire or whatever the addon was for the house. I have Dawnfire and Dragonborn. Then again, do I really want to play Skyrim again, considering last time I played it, I literally did every questline? No, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    There's a slider which allows you to turn it off.

I'm playing on PS4 and so far I'm satisfied. The frame rate has been smooth in all situations, and it looks very nice. The sound files are definitely not lower quality as someone suggested earlier, at least not on PS4.
    The slider doesn't allow you to turn it off on PC, just changes the focus speed and severity, but you can still clearly notice it in the distance if you pay attention, dunno how it works on consoles.
    Seriously, it's like you people are new to the whole .ini thing...
    Open Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimPrefs.ini, search for fDynamicDOFBlurMultiplier, chnge the value to 0.0000, aaand no more DoF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw I just learned that physical copies of the game come with a code for a mount and costumes in Elder Scrolls Online, but digital copies, whether free upgrade or purchased, don't.

I play ESO sometimes, I would have liked to get a mount :'(

If you buy the addons you dont have, will it still upgrade on Steam now even after it was released?

I don't think so, I think you'd have to buy everything prior to the release of the Special Edition.

On a side note: Looks like Bethesda made a blunder (big surprise there) and bundled the Special Edition with poorly compressed audio files that are worse off than the audio in the original game.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I don't think so, I think you'd have to buy everything prior to the release of the Special Edition.

On a side note: Looks like Bethesda made a blunder (big surprise there) and bundled the Special Edition with poorly compressed audio files that are worse off than the audio in the original game.
    good thing modders have already fixed that on PC =D

Another note. While I said your old Skyrim saves work modded ones don't which would kind of be Captain Obvious but just letting people know

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some console footage coming out now. It actually looks quite nice:

[video=youtube;onFm-7_wTyA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onFm-7_wTeo]
    Good thing they gave it to PC users for free, cus nobody in their right fucking mind would ever pay for this on PC. Vanilla Skyrim with mods functions AND looks waaaaaay better. No, this is for all the stupidass motherfuckers who wanna shell out 50 freaking bucks to buy this game twice on console so they can get access to the hillarious underwhelming and poor mods available through their new service. When the service works that is, which it hasn't on PC for the last 2 days.
    And many, many mods on PC don't work for the new Skyrim because of a new file system for their shitty new service they host the mods on.

So we've got 3 platforms for mods now, except 1 isn't supported in the new version (Steam Workshop). So modders are expected to spread out on 3 different platforms, Steam, Nexus and Bethesda.net.
    They won't. It's not worth it.

I'm absolutely blown away that they'd make people pay full fucking price for this bullshit. Even more blown away with the morons that actually buy it. You are paying 50 bucks for something mods does way better, so that you can get mods.You're paying to get, what PC has had for years from the start! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Modders fix everything faster and better than Bethesda cus Bethesda don't give a fuck. One of the mods available on Bethesda.net is even the UNOFFICIAL FAN PATCH for shit they STILL HAVENT FIXED!

Post constructively. -Infracted. Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2016-11-04 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    Here's a guy playing the SSE on PC if someone wants to watch, three hours in the first episode:

He's playing on 1440p with everything pretty much maxed out as far as I could tell from what he said, but obviously YouTube can and will make everything look a lot worse, depending on how it's captured and encoded and so on, so bear that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm running on a GTX 770 4GB on Ultra settings, everything maxed, as well as a Reshade, and the only time I drop below 50FPS is if I rapidly load a cell (sprinting, dropping from a height into it, that sort of thing), causing the game to have to rapidly load everything. Or, if I'm in a battle with a bunch of mages and they're all casting at the same time. I find it rather hysterical that my aging card can handle this game better than you guys with the GTX 900 series...Granted, I also have 32GB of RAM, so that is definitely helping on the mod front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I'm absolutely blown away that they'd make people pay full fucking price for this bullshit. Even more blown away with the morons that actually buy it. You are paying 50 bucks for something mods does way better, so that you can get mods.You're paying to get, what PC has had for years from the start! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

- - - Updated - - -
    lol? I paid thirty quid, which is less than $40. So far it's been well worth the money. Looks good, performs smoothly. Some decent mods are out. Don't see what there is to complain about, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Luckily PS4 isn't affected by the bug. It sounds great.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    gotta laugh at all the butthurt about what other people are willing to spend on a game.

lol? I paid thirty quid, which is less than $40. So far it's been well worth the money. Looks good, performs smoothly. Some decent mods are out. Don't see what there is to complain about, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Luckily PS4 isn't affected by the bug. It sounds great.

Looks like only Xbox One and PC have that issue. I own it on Xbox One and....honestly I didnt even notice until I heard a comparison and now I CAN'T unhear the difference.

Bethesda plans to release a patch by next week.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What about those who complain about where other people are willing to spend time on? *points at fairy tail thread*

Also, besides the ones (me included) who simply believe the price is ridiculous high for what it is, I really didn’t notice anyone “butthurt” over someone else willing to pay it o.o; At least not in this thread, that is.

so pointing something out is a complaint? pro-tip I was laughing there also.

also not 5 posts up noomz = butthurt.