Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kansas goes full Godwin

I had no idea Kansas could start a running series of threads. But thanks to news alerts from my hippie aunt and her 12 Bernie supporting house cats we have:

Kansas state Speaker of the House Pro Tempore Peggy Mast, who served in the electoral body since 1997, appeared to praise a quote by the Nazi dictator. The post was unearthed by The Wichita Eagle.

“Great quote from Hitler in the video,” Mast urged, referring to an article on JulieRoys.com — a Christian blog — about anti-abortion activist Gianna Jessen’s testimony before the House Judiciary Commission. “Please listen to it closely. His words are profound! Let’s start using discernment.”

Due to evident Facebook ineptness, Mast forgot to link to the article, so her first post appeared as a stand-alone endorsement of the Nazi dictator.

“Sorry, I’m confused,” commented Kansas House Speaker Ray Merrick’s chief of staff, Christie Krieghauser. “What video and how is there a great quote from Hitler?”

What is even happening in Kansas anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Apparently as a baby, Kansas was abandoned by her Democrat parents. And left on the doorstep of tax hating, hitler quoting, ammosexuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Going real bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Hitler was of course a repugnant person, but he didn't get to power by speaking his mind in the beginning. The man had the gift of gab, and some of what he said any objective person could agree with.

Without knowing what statement(s) she was referring to, how can we judge? I'm sure even Hitler said some things that made sense...the guy became the leader of a country after all.

This comes as no surprise mate - whatever we may think of Hitler, he certainly delivered some of the most moving speeches of all times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Hitler, while evil and sadistic, was an incredible Military strategist and speaker. I don't think what she did was appropriate, but she does say that she's not agreeing with his words. It sounds more like she's acknowledging just how well Hitler was as a speaker, in terms of commanding thousands of people and getting them to follow his asinine views.

Still, someone in her position shouldn't be quoting and/or mentioning Hitler.
    Say what now? His refusal to take advice from actual military strategists is what fucked him over. Derail so don't want to turn this into a history debate but "incredible" might be overselling it a bit

The Blitzkrieg (or "Lightning War") was one of the most decisive victories in Military history and resulted in the total annexation of Poland in just under three weeks.

Hitler whips the SS into a frenzy.

Hitler enjoying a quaint, peaceful afternoon:

Even though he openly denied it, Hitler was known to embrace certain feminist precepts by providing equal opportunity of employment to women and treating them with the utmost courtesy:

Deleted
    Hitler would not be my first choice for inspirational words. Maybe not even my second. Wonder Woman, Yoda and "The French can kiss my ass if they're offended" usually do the trick. Okay, Hitler would be my fouth choice.

Hitler certainly attracted the ladies

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    The Blitzkrieg (or "Lightning War") was one of the most decisive victories in Military history and resulted in the total annexation of Poland in just under three weeks.
    To be fair the start of WW2 was lets just say a moment of military transition. Poland were fighting WW1 (if even that). It was people on horses, with old guns and swords, thinking about engaging in trenches warfare vs Tanks, artillery and automatic weapons. It would be like saying the United states are military genius if they attack and conquer say Haiti. That would end in a week.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-10-21 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not in Kansas anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    To be fair the start of WW2 was lets just say a moment of military transition. Poland were fighting WW1 (if even that). It was people on horses, with old guns and swords, thinking about engaging in trenches warfare vs Tanks, artillery and automatic weapons. It would be like saying the United states are military genius if they attack and conquer say Haiti. That would end in a week.
    But the French and their allies (which included an entire battalion of British forces) had none of those disadvantages.

On May 10th 1940 the Germans launched their plan of attack, codenamed Case Yellow, which entailed an armoured offensive through the Ardennes Forest. The advance would then threaten to encircle French and British divisions to the north, stationed on the Belgian frontier. The German offensive quickly overwhelmed Dutch forces, and the bombing of Rotterdam persuaded the Netherlands to surrender on May 15th.

Although German forces in the north encountered strong French and Belgian resistance, the main German force thrust through the Ardennes was met with tremendous success. Just four days into the invasion German troops had broken through the French lines. Attempts by the Allies to launch counterattacks by air and land either failed with heavy losses, or were thwarted by the pace of events.

Could Kansas also be in a period of transition? I mean, not all of Hitler's ideas were bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hey..I wanted to say that ^^
    No one is stopping you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Nah..you got there first, so it is yours
    You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    “Great quote from Hitler in the video,” Mast urged
    Jesus Christ Republicans.

You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Jesus Christ Republicans.

You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.
    Well the few posters echoing "well Hitler had some good parts"... kinda shows people are still trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the few posters echoing "well Hitler had some good parts"... kinda shows people are still trying.
    I'm talking about a longtime Republican and Speaker of the House in Kansas praising Hitler and telling her party and political supporters to be more like him.

That, right there, is definitely shit I think most people would have trouble believing if it weren't so terrifyingly true.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Well the few posters echoing "well Hitler had some good parts"...
    Because denying reality is so progressive, amirite? >.>

And since you didn't bother to point out what you had a problem with other than "ERMAHGERD Hitler!!!", here's the quote she was talking about:
    “The receptivity of the masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous. In consequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan.”
    The only problem with it, as I see, is that the moron seems to think that Planned Parenthood is the one engaging in this sort of propaganda. And not the Pro-Life shitheels who have been harping on about killing babies and selling body-parts.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2016-10-21 at 10:19 PM.