Weak Aura based on text in general channel

I would like an aura that triggers when there is a certain word/phrase displayed in general chat. Be it trade chat, guild chat, /say, whatever that's displayed in general tab.
    I have added an Event trigger, type: Channel Message, message contains: <desired text here>. If I leave it like this and just add the text that is supposed to triger the WA, it just won't fire.

What am I missing?

I made a test WA and was able to get it to work. Without seeing your WA, I am not sure what the exact issue is. Import this and compare with yours:

Code:
    dWtUcaGAPs1UuKETOkntrvmxH0SL4WQ6MkO)QsUTsUMGANuL2lz3uA)uu(PGKHPa9BL6BkudvQugSGy4IYbveNsqQJrvDofWcvixg1ILkQLRIhsr1tbltO65i2MOYuPYKfz6qxuQeNuuvEMqCDjTrPQ6ZszZuKTRs9rPs6RsfAAkQVlvWiLQY4OqJMcgVufxsuvDlHYPr68ufJsQipwGpjvPLVCcwcscsYjirjDVAdq6nl4lfbjkjR8ECCpOGadV1YfZcbzck4Wn6268KXcqUhuWhG0B2DOTgFgUtS8gZFqbulfVc2RScJCsE9f8biDBjYjGG)bLtazxTjb5ZI8X0hWrNKsHYsI2r(Z7K65jrhYj6hf2vBIeD0BF73nMlqHMnD3Acs7lYUAtAKqHcOjbbgERLlMfcYeuqhOj0G6p8ag9Jm7NBEE2OXXdoltXMZjWwxUdT14drE9fyGPndO6p34WHJmoSrFJJJeoNFozk28ack7pjNa8lSfLtWQwqQCcfkirnzIgulOh5eSQfKkNqHco7clNGvTGu5ekuq2Dg(f2IYjyvlivoHcfC(awobRAbPYjuOatFas3w5eSQfKkNqHcfGhARXh5eGEYyb8nBrbvlFZwuasxCsqQEEKUTcIlyXeY34RDgFECFeyIAtDQ38t6n0cwmH8nwaAGfuj81IjKVXAKa(MTOaZn8OzHmKjKVXcQe(AXeY3yNNmwJeSyc5BSZtglW8(M4UgcD9Y8(M41BxYJqHcicIpn(u)PgJ5hRfjEqeJD(fClV(ZX9fkb
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Not sure what is the issue, because your aura does not work for me, even with all other addons unloaded
    I have also reset the chat to defaults and still nothing
    Last edited by solshine2510; 2016-10-22 at 03:11 PM.

stupid question, but sometimes its the easy things... did you make sure the aura is actually loaded?

Allright, I have eventually worked it out: unchecking Message type: Channel Message makes the Weakaura work, also for Kanegasi's Aura.
    I found an article on github about trigger types and it says:
    Message Type: Checks the type of the message received. If this option is not enabled, all message types will be valid.
    Common sense tells me that general tab contains "channel messages", and I want the WA to track them, but apparently this is not the case.
    Last edited by solshine2510; 2016-10-23 at 11:27 AM.

Aha, I see. I was testing it on Trade, but you wanted it to look at all messages. The "channel" type in the weakaura only looks at channels. I was confused when you said "general channel" because that is one source, usually /1 chat.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet