15+ Year Old Account

Arrow Gift of the Mists in Mythic+ Dungeons?

I've been running with Black Ox Brew since basically legion launch, but I've read on the US forums quite a few people suggesting Gift of the Mists for mythic and mythic+ dungeons.

I tried it in a few heroic dungeons where it didn't seem to do anything really (even with the healing being one of our dps in heal spec, without talents even, so I was hovering around 60% health most of the time)?

Have any of you guys had success with Gift of the Mists in mythic dungeons? I'm getting hammered quite hard in them, spending quite some time at 30-40% health so more healing would be nice there but I'm not sure about the randomness of it in +dungeons.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    What i think is the case here: people are still used to being able to heal yourself as a tank. If you are used to being able to top yourself up all the time as a tank, then playing brewmaster now can feel weird. I think that's what's going on here, the people there think that it's important to have more frequent self heals and rely less on healer. Surely black ox brew, assuming you use it well, is going to bring more defensiveness to the table than gift of the mists? Unless the scenario somehow makes it so that self heals are what you really need but.. i feel like more often than not, that's not the most important thing.

While it gives a couple healing orbs, it doesn't help you in emergency situations nearly as much as BoB. If you're getting hammered and full of Stagger, healing orbs won't help as much as purifying a bunch of it away.

Brews are good at taking heals - that's why their crit gives healers a chance for bigger heals. Wonky yes, but they're pretty healer-reliant.

I actually like Gift better than Black ox brew, I'm in casual guild with couple of friends and on our first HC elerethe kill this happened :
    I know its only hc and we doesnt have many good players but hell, healing meter felt like wod all over again

I'm also using it in M+ and healers are surprised that I'm not so hard to heal than other monks
    Last edited by Honik; 2016-10-24 at 12:07 PM.

After dealing with mythic 8 bolster this week, ill take the extra charges with BoB. In high m+ trash hits like trucks and cleansing 1-1.5 mil off with extra brew charges helps more than a few extra orbs. Also mythic spider boss hits like a truck and the extra tank cds are a godsend