Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You mean when he says 'no' or 'not at this time' or 'we are still thinking it over'. I know "I" can't fucking wait, I'll be posting in the megathread the moment they shut down the idea of the servers. And if by some miracle you get your wish and Legacy is announced I'll be there to smirk as the can of worms opens and all sorts of demands are made of this type of server.
    Sadly already seen it with people wanting LFR, removal of ammo/reagents, LFD, pet battles, Mythic raiding/dungeons etc. Hopefully Blizzard don't cave to that crowd who want a custom Vanilla model.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sadly already seen it with people wanting LFR, removal of ammo/reagents, LFD, pet battles, Mythic raiding/dungeons etc. Hopefully Blizzard don't cave to that crowd who want a custom Vanilla model.
    *nods* I mean you are one of the reasonable people in the other thread and debating with you has been really good. You are one of the people I'd take zero pleasure in trumpeting the denial of Legacy if that happens at Blizzcon.

I really think Legacy would be a massive can of worms with people making demands for QoL changes, class balancing and so on. Hell even the PATCH to start on will be a hotly contested debate because I personally think 1.12 is the worst patch in Vanilla for wanting to experience the game because it made so much easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell I'd even debate why the heck would you start at Vanilla if TBC and WotLK were more popular due to players.

It is very much us against them for some of us in the megathread. That thread has been a cesspool of anger and BS for months.
    Well i'm not emotionally invested, i just saw the threads title and snapped. So... dumb...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffmon View Post
    I know this issue has been addressed but it is far from solved. There are thousands of loyal players still waiting to dive back into the game that we loved and grew up playing. If Blizzard doesn't announce anything meaningful about Legacy server at Blizzcon it will be their biggest wasted opportunity so far. Strike when the iron is hot (because it damn sure ain't getting any hotter then now...) Content updates every 2 years will not build a long lasting community. Gameplay that fizzles out in a couple of months dose not make a legendary game. An end raid boss that gets killed in less then a day will not challenge players and help motivate them to attempt killing it. There is no excuse on Blizzards side for not bringing these types of servers online. They have the money, manpower and palyerbase that will be glad to enjoy it.

Help reignite the passion of hardcore World of Warcraft players by spreading the word.
    Just use the damn megathread.

Btw, your content update count is off...

and again, megathread.

And perhaps there is the same, if not more against the idea too. They can't be wrong either then?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

*nods* I mean you are one of the reasonable people in the other thread and debating with you has been really good. You are one of the people I'd take zero pleasure in trumpeting the denial of Legacy if that happens at Blizzcon.

I really think Legacy would be a massive can of worms with people making demands for QoL changes, class balancing and so on. Hell even the PATCH to start on will be a hotly contested debate because I personally think 1.12 is the worst patch in Vanilla for wanting to experience the game because it made so much easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell I'd even debate why the heck would you start at Vanilla if TBC and WotLK were more popular due to players.
    Tbh I just want Legacy but if they don't do it then I'm not really fussed. I mean I'll be happy if they do it but I won't be sad if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    When WoD could pull 9.6 - 10 mill subs, then sure as hell classic realms will pull at least one mill. If you include it all in one sub fee then there's already tons of players that are eligible to play it, and they sure as hell are going to try it. But arguing with ignorant idiots tend to be a waste of time, so I am not even going to bother spending more time doing so ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    [citation needed]

And why should i, a "normal" subscriber, pay for the outdated content nobody wants? This model would increase cost, but not increase subscribers. You're not good at math, aren't you?

Tbh I just want Legacy but if they don't do it then I'm not really fussed. I mean I'll be happy if they do it but I won't be sad if they don't.
    I think Legacy would be a good idea down the road when they stop making expansions/content for the current game but I am still miffed why they'd want to put out an older version of their game that still has millions of people playing it. This isn't like Everquest and Runescape either. Though I've seen that argument too many times over in that thread.

I know this issue has been addressed but it is far from solved. There are thousands of loyal players still waiting to dive back into the game that we loved and grew up playing. If Blizzard doesn't announce anything meaningful about Legacy server at Blizzcon it will be their biggest wasted opportunity so far. Strike when the iron is hot (because it damn sure ain't getting any hotter then now...) Content updates every 2 years will not build a long lasting community. Gameplay that fizzles out in a couple of months dose not make a legendary game. An end raid boss that gets killed in less then a day will not challenge players and help motivate them to attempt killing it. There is no excuse on Blizzards side for not bringing these types of servers online. They have the money, manpower and palyerbase that will be glad to enjoy it.

Help reignite the passion of hardcore World of Warcraft players by spreading the word.
    Blizzard has said the original code for the original game / servers no longer exists. They do not have it.

There is a massive blue post that talks about why it won't ever happen. Move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I think it would serve the company, and community more with just the Pristine server idea. Just my opinion, of course. Always found the idea of locking people in booths for a version, to be a bit silly.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There are over 273,859 people who are going to vote for Trump. I guess they are not wrong too?

Checkmate

/thread

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how the arguement is "we can't enjoy a game that is only updated every 2 years, so we want to play an older version of it that will never be updated" xD

Look even if you go back its not the same. If I can play with all the addons I use on live + the know-how of 2016....We still have grinds thats long to do, but the gameplay would be to easy.

I would like to try a full offical supported vanilla or TBC, but I doubt Id stick around for long for boredom reasons.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Honestly lost all the interest since Legion is the best fuckin expansion since TBC!

Quote Originally Posted by hjdgjsghj View Post
    How would you know
    Excuse me while my order hall is chuck full of people, and some of them using a large fel cauldron as a jacuzzi to talk cross faction...because we can do that as Demon Hunters. Dalaran is populated by people. Hell, the zones have a nice flow of people too. World Quests.

The thing is though, YOU are the one making the claim, so YOU have the burden of proof, as it has time and time again been found lacking. Just play your pirate servers and be content with it, because there's little to no interest from Blizz or their playerbase to see that old corpse again.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2016-10-22 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Excuse me while my order hall is chuck full of people, and some of them using a large fel cauldron as a jacuzzi to talk cross faction...because we can do that as Demon Hunters. Dalaran is populated by people. Hell, the zones have a nice flow of people too. World Quests.

The thing is though, YOU are the one making the claim, so YOU have the burden of proof, at it has time and time again been found lacking. Just play your pirate servers and be content with it, because there's little to no interest from Blizz or their playerbase to see that old corpse again.
    This. People claiming the game isn't as active as it used to be yet there are loads of people everywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hjdgjsghj View Post
    So do i but that doesnt mean i couldnt log onto a legacy server

You know what i just downloaded Starcontrol 2 HD version and you know what iam playing both cause we live in a world where i can do that but if i want to play vanilla wow i cant cause either i have to play on a private server which ethical iam against cause i much rather blizz gets the money to use to develop games or iam shit out a luck.

If blizz doesnt want to milk the massive cow that is nostalgia then fine i will find a private server and have my fun there.
    Why are you not the boss of a large gaming company if you understand this business so much better than the guys at Blizzard ?

I don't know if you don't want to understand, or if you are simply not able to understand. Blizzard would have implemented this legacy stuff already if it was (like you say) 'milking a massive cow'.

That's the problem which you are not aware of, things are not as simplistic and easy as you think. And believe me 1 thing blizzard understands this business 1.000.000x better than you, if they thought this is an opportunity to make big cash, they would to do it. Fact is, they don't think that's the case, you can protest about classic servers all you want, that's your right, but don't go around and pretend that blizzard is losing money because they don't do something that you personally want them to do, that's simply delusional and ridiculous.
    Last edited by mmoc69b3b1c603; 2016-10-22 at 11:35 AM.

Deleted
    No, 273,859 people are hogging on a private server for free. So it's a moot point to compare it with a sub version of the game.

Actually I know many players (still playing on live) that would pay extra for a Legacy Server. In my experience a majority of players wanting Legacy servers are old school gamers who played old wow, now in their 30s and with steady incomes who could care less about a sub. Not some random Kevin in their 20s or teens wanting to play a F2P. This demographic wants instant gratification and are in general self-centered / entitled. Classic would make them leave in a matter of days.

They just want to get the chance to play vanilla wow (old wpvp, 40man raiding, talent trees etc). They should have the chance to keep playing with that design if possible.

Anyways, it is confirmed that Nos will be back in some form if Blizz don't release it themselves. I personally don't think they will. Because controling max level from design / balance is such a huge cash machine with forcing class reroll (payed boost 100) og faction change (pvp balance).

Deleted
    I really don't understand the obsession with a vanilla server... I can only assume they never played vanilla because it sucked in comparison to now

Legion is waaaaay better than those crappy legacy servers could ever be , so take off your pink coloured nostalgia glasses and go play some new content, instead of going over the same shit you've been clearing for the last half of a decade

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I really don't understand the obsession with a vanilla server... I can only assume they never played vanilla because it sucked in comparison to now
    Exactly vanilla and TBC may have been great at the time , but now they pale in comparison

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig