View Poll Results: I don't care, I prefer to play without any voice chat.

Voters
52. This poll is closed
  • I love current version of Blizzard Voice

2 3.85%
  • I prefer to play with ingame voice chat, even if with limitations

4 7.69%
  • Other voice services are better. Blizzard must not waste developers time

27 51.92%
  • I used voice for RAIDS, but with LFR we don't need it anymore...

3 5.77%
  • I don't care, I prefer to play without any voice chat

16 30.77%
    Deleted

New Blizzard Voice - How many of you will use it?

New Blizzard Voice - How many of you will use it?

1. I love current version of Blizzard Voice;
    2. Yeah, I prefer to play with ingame voice chat, even if we have some limitations;
    3. Other voice services are better. Blizzard is dumb about sprending developers time to make this;
    4. I used voice for RAIDS, but nowadays (with LFR) we don't need it anymore... all fights are tank and spank;
    5. I don't care, I prefer to play without any voice chat.

Deleted
    Already use a 3rd party voice chat. Maybe the Blizzard thing is marginally useful for pugging with strangers, but I highly doubt I ever use it
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-10-22 at 08:10 AM.

Deleted
    Now it's working.

Quote Originally Posted by baladeosso View Post
    [*]I used voice for RAIDS, but nowadays (with LFR) we don't need it anymore... all fights are tank and spank;[/LIST]
    someone hates lfr.

It's not a waste of time for them to do this, it's a good addition (if it works well - didn't test). However, I personally wouldn't use it because I am not using voice for anything other than arenas, and only for personal contacts on Skype / etc.

So, it's a good thing, but it came a couple of years late and I wouldn't switch.

I could see it being used, but probably not much for WoW, which is in the Discord boat already

Did come a couple of years late as others have said

Ventrilos finally dying for pugs

I don't need voice chat for WoW so I'm firmly in the "don't care about it" camp.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Nobody used the old voice chat built into WoW, doubt anyone is gonna use this for long.

Deleted
    The only way to make it sensible to include voice chat into a game is if you really include it into a game - meaning no chat rooms but simply based on distance to other players and some voicechanger that makes it sound like your character.

Adding just another voiceapp clone is wasted effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it out last night, quality was there, no lag in voice. However the fact that if I create a "chat" room I will have to invite friends manually... Having to activate the ability to speak as well manually kinda sucks... It's not that intuitive I believe at least to me. I doubt that I'll stop using discord for raiding, much more functions as well as easier to use imho. For dungeon and what not runs I see it has it's uses...

10+ Year Old Account
    they really should take some inspiration from discord and make the "rooms" more permanent features you can join.

instead of this invite stuff
    Hi

Cant really be bothered to mess with it, discord works perfectly fine.

Deleted
    Patch 2.1 (or something like that) again? It was a bad idea then, it is a bad idea now. Third party services are good enough.

Discord ruined all other voice services for me. It's unbelievably easy to use and to invite other players. Blizzard released this way too late, might have given it a shot otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    My answer wasn't there, so 'Other'.

I would like to use the Blizzard one, if they made it easier to setup for raiding/PvP instead of having to single invite people. As well, would like a premade setup list, so it can just be a one button thing, and people are there.

For now, I use TeamSpeak.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Don't like it and I won't use it.

Deleted
    Blizzard must not waste developers time
    Blizzard is dumb about sprending developers time to make this;
    Yeah... The same developers don't develop the voice chat and the game itself. There's no such generic thing as "a developer" who knows how to do every single thing related to the game. The people working on the game are specialized, and they've got their own fields that they concentrate on. Some of them work on models, others work on AI and scripting, and so on. There's nobody being taken away from other tasks to work on the voice chat; they've got specialized people for that.