Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    In TBC it was difficult to do multiple specs or alts unless you had a guild to run with to carry you through lower level raids to gear up. With the artifact leveling and such, it gives the same curve to being able to do alts/off specs but uses a different method to do it.

You wanted TBC, you got it.
    This isn't why TBC is very well remembered.

It's exactly like TBC. Just nothing alike.

If I was to compare it with something would be Diablo 3. With some of the negatives being Alt unfriendly and RNG gallore at every turn - two things that, in my opinion, are an issue on both D3 and Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    In TBC it was difficult to do multiple specs or alts unless you had a guild to run with to carry you through lower level raids to gear up. With the artifact leveling and such, it gives the same curve to being able to do alts/off specs but uses a different method to do it.

You wanted TBC, you got it.
    LOL it wasn't as popular as you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    It's exactly like TBC. Just nothing alike.

If I was to compare it with something would be Diablo 3. With some of the negatives being Alt unfriendly and RNG gallore at every turn - two things that, in my opinion, are an issue on both D3 and Legion.
    It definitely has Diablo similarities, and that's no problem for me. And while the similarities to TBC may not be 1:1, given the rules of the game now this is about as close as we'll get. People like to remember all the great things about TBC (and it was great) but they forget how difficult it was to rise in the ranks without a solid guild.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Everyone"

<_<

Also, attunements are fine if done correctly. They should make it cross-realm - complete in one char, get it for the account!

Deleted
    Nope. I had about 5 alts in TBC. It was totally doable to do dungeons with them.

In Legion i got 1 alt. That's it.

It's not nearly the same. Though the next patch is making it better, and i could swear they eased up with the number of AP quests at any given time. So, its getting better. Now the new blood of sargeras vendor and potions and you only need to grind for your weekly flasks. That will free up some time to play alts.
    Also, you talk like having alt raids was something that wasnt fun. It was. You didn't need to be boosted by the guild. You would raid 10m with guildies and have fun.

If you wanted it to be like TBC, we would have to ditch LFR and catch up mechanisms.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-10-24 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoi View Post
    Except in TBC trade chat and LFG wasnt being flooded 24/7 by carry selling. Blizzard can only do so much to improve their game but in the end its the players who will turn it into garbage.

A big reason people liked Vanilla and TBC is because the community wasn't overrun by asswipes.
    You obv didn't play on a good server. Carries were just as popular back then as they were now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    You obv didn't play on a good server. Carries were just as popular back then as they were now.
    I think his post is as dumb as the next person but let's not pretend like this was actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

"Everyone" didn't love TBC.

A small portion really loved TBC. A large portion leveled until cap, then quit, leveled, didn't get to cap, and then quit. Leveled to cap, ground BG's, then quit. Or just flat out quit, period.

The thing was, those millions who quit, were replaced by an equal amount of millions who did the same thing, and then quit. Then they too were replaced by the same amount who did the same, then quit.

TBC and WOTLK were mega heights of churn.

I'd be real interested to know the actual numbers of participation in things from that era. About all we do know is that around the time of WOTLK, there had been well over 40 million former paying (as in no longer playing, and not trials) subscribers of WoW, and we know for a fact that almost no one touched any higher end content (i.e. any raids at all. Even the beloved Kara.)

I bet the participation rates for even normal dungeons through Classic until LFD was added in WOTLK was probably less than a fourth of the leveled and capable playerbase at any given moment. But that's just a guess, and I have no way to really prove it other than guessing from all the other numbers, and the things (LFD) being created at all in the first place.