Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where are people getting Versatility?

This stat has been the albatross hung around my neck since launch, I can't seem to get any gear that has it in any appreciable amount. The highest I've ever gotten my Versatility is 7%. I'd like to have a decent set for an Exsang build.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you even want vers as Exsang is the real question.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Why do you even want vers as Exsang is the real question.
    Because it's the 3rd best Stat for exsang assassin after agi and critical?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Because it's the 3rd best Stat for exsang assassin after agi and critical?
    so you build assa the same way you build outlaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    so you build assa the same way you build outlaw?
    Yeah for exsang bleed build it's crit/vers like outlaw. Haste and mastery are close to useless.

Agonizing poison build is different you want over 100% mastery for that and at least surge of toxins trait

- - - Updated - - -

First boss in neths lair has a nice crit/vers neck. And first boss in EN has crit/vers ring. Try get those if don't already

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah for exsang bleed build it's crit/vers like outlaw. Haste and mastery are close to useless.

Agonizing poison build is different you want over 100% mastery for that and at least surge of toxins trait
    This is the part where you hope to god the OP was talking about vers as his 3rd and not his first secondary in the end getting vers barely matters because theres no good way of getting it you will pretty much always take the ilvl upgrade over your 3rd stat as long as it has your 2nd(crit) in other words don't worry to much about vers its nice yes but not worth worrying about
    Last edited by Firatha; 2016-10-23 at 08:32 PM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    This is the part where you hope to god the OP was talking about vers as his 3rd and not his first secondary in the end getting vers barely matters because theres no good way of getting it you will pretty much always take the ilvl upgrade over your 3rd stat as long as it has your 2nd(crit)
    It was pretty clear in his first post he's having trouble finding any gear with vers. Don't think he has to worry about replacing crit. And item level doesn't mean as much as it used too. It's better to have the right stats/relics than having an inflated item level.

My 840 agi/crit trinket is better the 880 living seed pod I got last week. Ilvl aint shit

15+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty clear in his first post he's having trouble finding any gear with vers. Don't think he has to worry about replacing crit. And item level doesn't mean as much as it used too. It's better to have the right stats/relics than having an inflated item level.

My 840 agi/crit trinket is better the 880 living seed pod I got last week. Ilvl aint shit
    Trinkets have never counted and that thing is just useless anyway agi scales far higher then your 3rd stat ever will so ilvl will matter.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019

When someone mentions ilvl,theyre talking about items with primary stats on them,mang.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    When someone mentions ilvl,theyre talking about items with primary stats on them,mang.
    Sorry I missed that memo.

Even so, unless we're talking 10-15ilvl difference. Having crit/vers pieces will be better than master/haste items for exsang bleed. Rupture only cares about a few things. And we get combo points from crit.

7/7 crafted gear, obviously.

Why does every thread here get derailed within three posts? I want Versatility because I still swap to Outlaw for certain fights, and since I don't have enough mastery on my gear to go AP/EP yet it's basically a dead stat for me. I've got around 45% crit but my Versatility is dumpster-tier and short of crafted gear that will lose me a lot of agility, I haven't had much luck with it. I'll look into the ring and neck, thanks.

But aside from buying crafted gear, there are no garantueed sources. And even crafted gear is randomly created.
    You can however simply look up where pieces with versatility drop in a myriad of places, wowhead, dungeon journal, icy veins, but if you actually get that piece is a random process.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by uniquesnowflakename View Post
    Why does every thread here get derailed within three posts? I want Versatility because I still swap to Outlaw for certain fights, and since I don't have enough mastery on my gear to go AP/EP yet it's basically a dead stat for me. I've got around 45% crit but my Versatility is dumpster-tier and short of crafted gear that will lose me a lot of agility, I haven't had much luck with it. I'll look into the ring and neck, thanks.
    May as well tidy up my list for ya,

Helm - mask of multitudinous eyes from elerethe renferal
    Neck - Understone Gorget from Neth Lair
    Shoulder - Felbat leather from Court of Stars
    chest - Felbat leather from Black Rook Hold
    Gloves - Felbat leather from Vault
    Legs - Felbat leather from Black Rook Hold
    Boots - Felbat leather from Vault
    Ring - Grubby silver ring from Nythendra

Also pvp gear is a notable shout. Can wf/tf over 850 and normally always rolls vers/ another secondary, ideally crit.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-10-23 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You can however simply look up where pieces with versatility drop in a myriad of places, wowhead, dungeon journal, icy veins, but if you actually get that piece is a random process.
    I'm aware. I was more curious how far people are going to get it, as it seems hard to push unless you're dumping ilvl to do it.

May as well tidy up my list for ya,

Helm - mask of multitudinous eyes from elerethe renferal
    Neck - Understone Gorget from Neth Lair
    Shoulder - Felbat leather from Court of Stars
    chest - Felbat leather from Black Rook Hold
    Gloves - Felbat leather from Vault
    Legs - Felbat leather from Black Rook Hold
    Boots - Felbat leather from Vault
    Ring - Grubby silver ring from Nythendra

Also pvp gear is a notable shout. Can wf/tf over 850 and normally always rolls vers/ another secondary, ideally crit.
    Is a 'good' versatility score around 12%? I'm seeing people advocate like 60/40 versatility/crit spreads on gear, but that seems really hard to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by uniquesnowflakename View Post
    I'm aware. I was more curious how far people are going to get it, as it seems hard to push unless you're dumping ilvl to do it.

Is a 'good' versatility score around 12%? I'm seeing people advocate like 60/40 versatility/crit spreads on gear, but that seems really hard to pull off.
    Getting 12% would be pretty impressive without being over 865/870ilvl. I'm not in favor of dumping gear for vers that much. Crit is more valuable because of seal fate and thinking about the way exsang bleed works, more crit = more combo points = more finishers = more EP = more bleed damage.

Getting 12% would be pretty impressive without being over 865/870ilvl. I'm not in favor of dumping gear for vers that much. Crit is more valuable because of seal fate and thinking about the way exsang bleed works, more crit = more combo points = more finishers = more EP = more bleed damage.
    I wouldn't do it for Assassination, no. I haven't even seen any Mythic raiding Outlaws with Versatility that high now that most people are ditching crafted gear, though. I remember seeing a couple that had around 20% in full 7/7 Obliterum gear, but not so much anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

First boss in neths lair has a nice crit/vers neck. And first boss in EN has crit/vers ring. Try get those if don't already
    Fantastic, so im useless as both, outlaw and assa, great, just fucking great

I think that's a bug with AMR's simulation. From what I've heard most people's real world experience doesn't support Mastery being good for Outlaw when testing DPS.

This is why I prefer to test in game in dungeons/raids with a recount mod.

Between gearing and artifact power its too much of a grind to be constantly swapping and changing between what AMR says.

Mastery being the best stat for outlaw makes no sense when all of outlaws damage is coming from run through, and mastery does nothing for run through.