Deleted

Talking What spec to go for?

Hello
    I am very new to the mage class, decided to try and level one and i absolutely love it. I am currently lvl 98 and been leveling mostly as arcane and fire.
    Now before i hit 100 and start leveling in the Broken Isles, i am wondering with the new patch and all coming out in a few days, what spec should i go for leveling up with artifact power?

Which spec will most likely preform "best" in a raiding enviorment in 7.1 or are they basicly the same and just a preference on playstyle?

Would love to hear your suggestions!

Best Reguards
    n00bmage

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadaut View Post
    Hello
    I am very new to the mage class, decided to try and level one and i absolutely love it. I am currently lvl 98 and been leveling mostly as arcane and fire.
    Now before i hit 100 and start leveling in the Broken Isles, i am wondering with the new patch and all coming out in a few days, what spec should i go for leveling up with artifact power?

Which spec will most likely preform "best" in a raiding enviorment in 7.1 or are they basicly the same and just a preference on playstyle?

Would love to hear your suggestions!

Best Reguards
    n00bmage
    Right now Fire and Arcane are both still very good with I think Arcane pulling slightly ahead later in the xpac. Frost is still a little meh, but I think they will buff it a little bit more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddyLif3 View Post
    Right now Fire and Arcane are both still very good with I think Arcane pulling slightly ahead later in the xpac. Frost is still a little meh, but I think they will buff it a little bit more.
    There's no way you legitamately compare Arcane and Fire atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Heumthup View Post
    There's no way you legitamately compare Arcane and Fire atm.
    They both are solid, Fire definitely will be higher if played right, but I have an arcane mage in my guild who is just as good, maybe that just means the Fire aren't as good, but idk. My main point was that Arcane looks like it will pull ahead down the line, at least from what I've seen. I'm no mage expert.

Arcane is getting a buff on tuesday, supposedly. It's already not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    And fire a nerf, so they'll be very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Arcanes spells are getting a small damage buff and also having their mana cost increased. Does it actually come out to being a buff overall?

Edit: It actually seems to be a nerf overall. https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=3&t=3000
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2016-10-22 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Arcanes spells are getting a small damage buff and also having their mana cost increased. Does it actually come out to being a buff overall?

Edit: It actually seems to be a nerf overall. https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=3&t=3000
    They're not finished with Arcane, it's getting buffs ontop of that change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    More like they intended for that change to be a buff, but math says it might not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath, the patch is coming out tuesday it's likely not much will change between now and then. We'll see though.

The changes on the ptr to arcane were meant to be a buff. They said that they the pacing of the mana change but that the damage buff wasn't enough. I cannot post links yet but they (WarcraftDevs on Twitter) replied to a tweet at Celestalon who referenced the altered time link that was posted earlier.

At Celestalon: healthy discussion about Arcane Mage changes, please read: (altered-time link) thanks

"Thanks for this. We like the pacing (mana) change, but agree that the damage buff wasn't enough at the high end. Going to push it further."

Will have to wait and see how it turns out though. But to answer the question I would say that fire is currently a safe bet considering how many mages are playing fire. Don't think they'd want a huge swing from most of the mages playing fire to most playing arcane or frost. Tuning will also be an on going thing after 7.1 hits so the gap between the three specs will change just now way of knowing right now.
    Last edited by Luxyrella; 2016-10-22 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath, the patch is coming out tuesday it's likely not much will change between now and then. We'll see though.
    I mean, they said so themselves: https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...46381022031872

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that there are people here saying Arcane can compete with Fire shows the quality of the posters in this thread. I'm sorry, but just because the mages some of you have seen can't play the game, doesn't mean a subpar spec is as viable as one of the top DPS specs in the game. The best Arcane mage in the world couldn't compete with a 75-80% Fire parser
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddyLif3 View Post
    I think Arcane pulling slightly ahead later in the xpac
    That sounds like wild guesswork.