Frost Dps, Runes Vs Runic power

having some issues with my rotation, can't seem to maintain icy talons and depleted runes for frozen pulse. so which one is more important to maintain frost strike for the haste or chaining runes to keep pulses up, can also imagine this will only get harder with more haste so any advice on this?

Uptime of Icy Talons is the most important aspect of machinegun gameplay.

Use Frost Strike only when Icy Talons buff is at ~1 second or less.
    The more you delay FS the better, but don't let IT expire.

Burn your runes with:
    1. Frostscythe (if KM proc is active and you have this talent selected, otherwise Obliterate)
    2. Obliterate (if there's no KM proc and 2+ runes)
    3. Remorseless Winter (when there's only one idle rune)
    4. Frostscythe (if there's no KM proc, one idle rune and RW on cd and you have this talent selected)
    5. Howling Blast (when there's nothing else available, one idle rune and Frost Fever near expiration)

This is how I roll. I dunno if it's a 100% optimum but I don't have problems with IT uptime anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zvr View Post
    Uptime of Icy Talons is the most important aspect of machinegun gameplay.

Use Frost Strike only when Icy Talons buff is at ~1 second or less.
    The more you delay FS the better, but don't let IT expire.

Burn your runes with:
    1. Frostscythe (if KM proc is active and you have this talent selected, otherwise Obliterate)
    2. Obliterate (if there's no KM proc and 2+ runes)
    3. Remorseless Winter (when there's only one idle rune)
    4. Frostscythe (if there's no KM proc, one idle rune and RW on cd and you have this talent selected)
    5. Howling Blast (when there's nothing else available, one idle rune and Frost Fever near expiration)

This is how I roll. I dunno if it's a 100% optimum but I don't have problems with IT uptime anymore.
    This is actually the highest dps rotation right now. Until 7.1 rolls out at least, then contemporary Obliterate builds gets ~10% ahead.