Poll: How would you rate this expansion?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    People really should stop with that "omg its just a bonus" nonsense. Its bad already that devs are so out of touch with their own game, but players, really?

How can it be "just a bonus" when you get massive damage bonuses with legendary, compared to people who have same gear but have no legendary? I do understand though that maybe non-competitive people feel like it is a bonus though, but for mythic raiding having right legendary or not is one of main defining factors of whether you're being invited to a progress raid or being benched.
    Legendaries are not required to kill any boss or to progress in the game in any way. Do they help? Yes. Are they mandatory? No.

It's completely a player-generated problem.

The only way Blizzard could go about it would be to either nerf them to a point where they're barely an upgrade at all, make them so rare that next to no one had them, or remove them completely. Player-mentality is the problem, and the reason it's hard to make up good things in WoW.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    6/10.

Better than WoD and Cata IMO. Beautiful story rich areas with a lot of callbacks to old lore and in-jokes. Feels like they wanted to give nods to long time players.

Still too short, though, and while world quests are a much better endgame grind than Garrisons, the old progressive story hubs and queueable dungeons were better. They're also ripped straight from Diablo and nothing new. Same for legendary items. Nothing else to do at endgame but raid, again. Mythic 5 mans a good addition but need to be queueable.

Class halls a great new idea, as are artifact items. Class changes awful. Many specs unrecognizable.

Probably one more month and I'll be done, much like WoD.
    Basically this.

Legion is awesome for those relatively few players that still have a nice guild or a group of friends to play with (mythic raiders above all). It simply wasn't designed with the rest of the playerbase in mind (a mistake which I believe will cost the game dearly in the long run).

I gave it a 4/10 (better than Cataclysm and WoD, much worse than Pandaria).

8 right now, but might be downgraded since my second char is hitting max and the looming grind is already depressing enough.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

It has its flaws, but so does every other expansion.

My only problem really is artifacts. They really feel like the old talent trees, in the "oh boy I can get another trait!......oh boy, +1% crit!" kind of way. People jerk their nostalgia-boners over the old talent trees, but that was the big problem with them: boring multi-point talents that didn't really feel like much of an improvement when you leveled up and put another point into them. The only big improvements came from the level 20/30/40/50 talents which were usually either a very impactful talent, or an ability.

I've got 24 points in my Disc artifact, and I don't really feel like grinding AP anymore because the remaining traits are really mediocre, even the remaining gold trait.

That and they're really alt-unfriendly since they require lots of time to really get a decent amount of AP.

5/10

Great story
    Cool atmosphere
    WQ are entertaining.

Artifact progression is awful. It leaves no desire to play alts.
    Rep progression is tedious and not entertaining/rewarding
    Ability prune has made some classes uninteresting or convoluted with micromanagement.
    Last edited by Lightwysh; 2016-10-24 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    7/10
    Overall good expansion, I don't like what they did to pvp, to alts and RNG is way too important. I hope the catch-up mechanics they were talking about is coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Probably 9.5/10.

But flaws are showing.
    I'm still thinking its the best expansion to date.

I haven't gotten started on any alt yet, but It seems this expansion is not very alt friendly.
    7.1 is gonna address some of these issues.
    But I just don't get, why did they not make Research account-wide?
    Because Blizzard Logic:

Players: "Can we get Artifact Knowledge Accountwide?"
    Blizzard: "Banana"

As far as rating, not sure I can give an accurate assessment, as the guild political/drama front is in high swing, and to avoid this shit while I look for a new guild, I havn't been playing all that much. Still an 8/10 for a main, with a 5.5/10 for alts.

15+ Year Old Account
    8/10. Would be 9/10 if not the huge Legiondaries fail. Anyway, I'm mostly enjoying myself so far.

Have to say a 6. Has no long term appeal for me. Leveling was great as it has been in every expansion imho but when you get to 110 it is meh. Rolling daily quests,Rep grinding and Apexis bar filling into one activity is utterly bizarre to me.

Deleted
    I realized after getting a good expansion that at least 50% of me bitching about how good vanilla/tbc was is the fact that:

- Gotten bored of the game in general
    - Dont have any fun people to play with (because to me wow is boosted 1000% if you have good friends to play with)

to keep it short, the game was never that bad, i just dont have the same good friends in the game that i did way back then so i dont enjoy it as much.

Quote Originally Posted by ent0mbed View Post
    I'd wager a sizeable amount of money that almost all votes that are 4 or below haven't even played the expansion and/or are not currently subscribed to the game.
    I voted below 4, played nearly all of Warlords. Levelled a Veng Demon hunter too 110 and got my ilevel to 836 from Heroic dungeons, completed class order hall quest line and was doing Suramar. Worst expansion I've played so far and I quit and unsubbed already. I check back (first time in a month) to see if the patch notes changed anything yet.

Can I have the sizable amount of money now?

3/10. Too alt unfriendly, too much rng, too much gating, too much grind for rewards that are not realy worth it. Legendaries are stupid. Artifact was a bad idea. Not enough customization , the class pruning. Legion was a well polished turd, but the shine quickly wore off after the initial newness faded. Oh and lets not forget the cluster fuck that PVP is. Worse then WOD if that can be believed.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very well made expansion; I think I'm finally just getting sick of wow. I can't seem to hold my interest for more than about 6 weeks anymore. Even after taking a year long break, I get bored so quickly now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    On a scale 1-10, what rating would you give to Legion?

For me it's 7/10. It's a decent expansion but I'm not having as much fun as I did back in TBC or WotLK.

What about you guys?
    Can you explain that?

I mean I see things like this a lot and very few people are able to look at it objectively (without rose tinted goggles) and really explain why.

What was it about BC and WotLK that 2 months in you were having more fun than legion. What did THOSE xpacs have to do, that Legion doesn't? Bare in mind we are talking about 2 months in... so fact checking will be your friend. Don't say something like BT, because BT wasn't released at that point.

Cuz I will tell you that for me WotLK was the most fun, and it had little or nothing to do with the content, and everything to do with who I was playing with. I don't blizzard could do anything to the game that would make it MORE fun than the time I had back then, unless they were able to bring those friends back into the game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    8/10 for now

-ALTs are a pita (I miss my Rogue, but just don't feel like working on another weapon... or doing all that Nightfallen crap again.)

-The 1st raid was pretty disappointing

-Class balance is very bad right now.

Everything else is fine at the moment though.

7+ Year Old Account
    5/10 Seems okay so far. Seems to be a lot content wise, but dumb systems like legendaries and lackluster balance hold it back. Better than MoP + WoD, not as good as Vanilla & Wrath. On par with TBC and Cata for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    8, -0.5 for emerald nightmare, -0.5 for the copious amounts of RNG they added to my class, -1 for the legiondaries
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by ent0mbed View Post
    I'd wager a sizeable amount of money that almost all votes that are 4 or below haven't even played the expansion and/or are not currently subscribed to the game.
    I have 17 days on my main at 110 and I've leveled like 4 other toons. I don't like it
    Hi Sephurik

6/10

-1 Legendaries
    -1 Loot RNG (WF, TF)
    -1 Spec/Class Balance
    -1 OffSpec/Alt-Unfriendly

I rated it 10 because like no other expansion since WotLK, I find myself excited to get home to play at the end of the day.

Or when I was away on vacation, I was thinking about the emissary caches I was missing.

Really well done.
    Call me Cassandra