Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Well everyone here said it you got kicked for throwing a fit..

Edit: who even cares about being benched from the alt raid. Like talk about saved yourself an hour
    You got that the other way around. Benched from main raid because swap blasting twice in alt-gearing raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The existence of ragers isn't the question. It's the causation that you presented of, "Screaming = Progress", not that the stress of the position could cause emotional outbursts.
    Oooh, semantics!
    That's when you know you don't have an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I've never understood this. I'm not disputing in any way someone's right to do such things, I just don't get it.

No one, in any of the several online games I play, knows diddly-squat of my IRL details. Nothing. I simply don't share over the internet.
    What you don't get? That people "from the internet" are still people? And you can treat them the same way you treat other people. Why is it strange and weird?

Some people are more open, share their stories and lives, I'm not even saying about people who paste their whole life details over facebook. Some people keep to themselves. Some people lie, some tell the truth. Some are sociable, some are shy. People are different.

I found most friendships fickle and fleeting. The irl ones too. I treat people I raid with rather like co-workers than "big friends", but that still means I try to be respectful towards them. These days the amount of irresponsible people "cuz it's a game not a job!" is just baffling. No one cares that other raiders are real people too and they count on you. People just ninja quit the guilds or one day stop logging, never heard of them again.

I've met my husband in wow, it was end of wotlk. Before I met him, I had some other bf I met on wow, and he dumped me. Isn't it exactly the same as it happens irl? You meet a gf / bf, something doesn't go to someone's liking, you break up, you look again, repeat the process until you find someone you agree with.

People have a bit bigger opportunity to lie, pretend or vanish without explanation over the internet than irl, but they do the same irl just a bit less exaggerated.

People who are dicks over the internet? Guess what, they're actually in fact dicks. Don't believe anyone who says "yea I'm a jerk here, it's the internet, irl I'm the sweetest person ever". Deep inside they're douchebags, they just steer away from their douchebaggery when they're afraid of consequences, punishment or being ostracized.

And while I can find a logical explanation to a person being selfish or greedy and them expressing it in games because irl they can't really, I cannot understand people who are malicious towards others without any personal gains from it, just to fuck someone else up for the sake of it. Such people who make you waste time, gold, items, etc. in game while gaining nothing out of it. "It was a joke" is the first line of defense of such scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Pots View Post
    Hi, i'm actually an officer of the guild in question and also the raid leader that was absent from the raid. Made an account just to put out a short little explanation to put this to bed, since there are, as in this case generally 2 sides to every story.

I don't question their loyalty at all to the guild and i 100% admired it along with the many other loyal members in our guild, but we can't let certain behaviour just slide by just because someone is loyal to the guild or has been in the guild for such a long time.

An increasing amount of racist comments in guild chat and voice comms, belittling people for making mistakes (bearing in mind we are a casual heroic guild, we let mistakes slide and if there are problems us officers will whisper them in private after the raid and not make a meal of it in raids), arguing with officers in raids. 4 weeks of constant swapblasting when in the end nobody was laughing, was slowing us down and wasting people's money on consumables was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

It got to the point where it felt like he thought he could do anything just because he had been a member for so long and nothing was changing honestly after countless (and i mean countless) warnings. This is a guild where we have all become real friends and we don't just play WoW together and we want new players that join us to feel that sense of community aswell. When a new member joins and they get attacked by one person for no reason it just isn't acceptable.
    This is what an officer from your guild said @Titmeister. Any follow up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This is what an officer from your guild said @Titmeister.
    Yeah. Ironically that's the same officer that told me it was ok to use the swapblaster in normals. And the raid leader who wasn't there. Responded yo that a few posts back.

Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    Yeah. That's the same officer that told me it was ok to use it in normals. And the raid leader who wasn't there. Responded yo that a few posts back.
    Why would they tell you it is ok then post that?

- - - Updated - - -

1. You weren't there.
    2. I make the consumables you all use. So it's my money wasted.
    3. A lot of people laughed. Hell even up front before we got there people were already weary. It was an extra dimension.
    4. I didn't slow anyone down. It was normal. We cleared it in an hour. RC loot council took us longer. I used it in that waiting time.
    5. Opening discord with ' my Niggahs' is not racist.
    6. I never attacked anyone over petty mistakes. That's Zik. Whom you made officer.
    Didn't see this.

1. He can still see whatever you put in guild chat
    2. You know every single raid member uses them and they don't bring their own that they maybe spent gold on?
    3. You can confirm you speak for the entire guild? Maybe not everyone was laughing
    4. Again you speak for everyone?
    5. Well the word is a racist term so yeah you did
    6. Can't back you up on this bit of sweet drama

Deleted
    For the same reason they call me a racist that attacks people over mistakes because I open discord with 'mah niggahs'.

For the same reason they call me a racist that attacks people over mistakes because I open discord with 'mag niggahs'.
    Well it is racist lol. Go into a large public place and yell that towards the people a term like that is aimed at instead of sitting at a voip and doing it and see what the possible outcome is.

That's not semantics. That's you making a very specific statement and now apparently wanting to back away from it.

This isn't the first time that you've been so eager to jump in to a topic and play the big bad hardass that you put your foot in your mouth, though.
    *Yawn*
    If you wanna do that, let's.
    Raging = results
    BL: Riggs rages/has raged, they did well. Broke up due to unrelated incidents
    Method: sco rages/has raged, world #2

Raging = results. Because sco has raged in the past and they have progressed.

I'm in a pretty chill guild (currently working on Nythendra M) and we would absolutely not have people annoying the raid via swapblaster all evening long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapey82 View Post
    Basically this is whole truth. I realised it only after 5.5 years of "caring about guild members". Just because you care about them doesn't mean they feel the same. I was pushed to the point where I decided to leave guild in which I was for almost 5 years and only ONE person whispered me asking what happened. I still got this person on real ID cause he was the only person who cared. The next guild was even better.Over a night entire guild (it wasn't a big one) decided to quit WOW. I said I will take the guild and wait for them if they ever wish to return. I was very sad every time I was logging into the wow seeing people I loved to play with being offline for months. Then finally after 6 or 8 months they decided to come back. I was very happy. Yeahh....they came back, asked to give back the GM position which ofc I have done without questions asked and soon when we were about to start raiding they told me "they don't wish to raid with me anymore" basically saying I can GTFO. All my missing them, waiting on them hoping they will come back was worth jack all. Now I stopped caring. I find guild, if they provide me what I want from this game I stay, if not I move on without looking back or adding anybody to the real ID. There are no friends in wow, only acquaintances who share the same goal. As soon as your goals are different GG BB regardless how long you have been a member. If you are not up to their standards you are expandable and replacable.
    Well... i must say that second guild was especially bad. I feel bad for you. But yeah, you should've moved on.

As you said and as i said, not everyone is like that. I too live today with someone i met in WoW. So, sometimes you find some gems.
    But, guilds are tools to tackle game content, not families.

Deleted
    For the same reason they call me a racist that attacks people over mistakes because I open discord with 'mah niggahs'.
    Ugh. So them talking occasionally with Chinese 'hewwo' and shit is racist too then I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. So them talking occasionally with Chinese 'hewwo' and shit is racist too then I guess.
    Ehem... it's "herro"

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't see this.

1. He can still see whatever you put in guild chat
    2. You know every single raid member uses them and they don't bring their own that they maybe spent gold on?
    3. You can confirm you speak for the entire guild? Maybe not everyone was laughing
    4. Again you speak for everyone?
    5. Well the word is a racist term so yeah you did
    6. Can't back you up on this bit of sweet drama
    3. Never said everyone. Just a lot.
    4. Yes. How? I watch where lootcouncil is not to waste time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leberman View Post
    Ehem... it's "herro"
    Racist. And you spite me for saying my Niggahs xd.

I think you're a bit confused on what causation really is. Just because a leadership position is stressful and stress causes raging doesn't mean that raging is what creates the progression. No more than saying that injuries are what create results in sports since successful athletes often get injured.
    see? Semantics.

That's still not even what semantics is.

Seriously, if you're going to try to throw that card out there, at least know what the word means.
    semantics
    sɪˈmantɪks/Submit
    noun
    the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. The two main areas are logical semantics, concerned with matters such as sense and reference and presupposition and implication, and lexical semantics, concerned with the analysis of word meanings and relations between them.

*yawn*
    come back when you have an actual argument past the whole causation silliness.

You are commited to doing something and when something annoying you do gets you benched you think it's someone else's fault, so you throw a fit.
    What kind of loyalty were you expecting if you were a dick that used annoying - I mean, "fun" - items and when told otherwise gave an ultimatum.
    You were the disloyal person here, m8. You gave two shits about the guild because if things weren't gonna be YOUR way you were gonna quit raiding with them.
    That substitute dude was the leader of the raid so he could do that, because he was the raid leader.
    You should've handled things differently.
    So, if you're asking about guild loyalty... yeah, you had none of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    You are commited to doing something and when something annoying you do gets you benched you think it's someone else's fault, so you throw a fit.
    What kind of loyalty were you expecting if you were a dick that used annoying - I mean, "fun" - items and when told otherwise gave an ultimatum.
    You were the disloyal person here, m8. You gave two shits about the guild because if things weren't gonna be YOUR way you were gonna quit raiding with them.
    That substitute dude was the leader of the raid so he could do that, because he was the raid leader.
    You should've handled things differently.
    So, if you're asking about guild loyalty... yeah, you had none of that.
    3 year raid attendance and performance vs 2 or 3 swapblasts. Priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    *yawn*
    come back when you have an actual argument past the whole causation silliness.
    To be fair you are making yourself look silly. Probably did not learn boolean algebra in college lol.

Thoughts?
    The story is not full. Nobody would kick people because of stupid toys. I bet raidleader asked you to NOT use toys during raid, and you still used them, and he asked again, yet you still kept using toys. So, raid leader had no choice but to move you from raid, and you throw a fit, going offline, receiving absolutely logical gkick.

In my guild, using toys is forbidden during raids. And there is only one toy more annoying than swapblaster - a fucking toy train. I seriously doubt "all the raid" had fun.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though