Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I make it very clear the first time I am swapblasted or gripped in a raid that I will leave the next time it happens. Its annoying as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillis View Post
    If OP thinks that using swapblaster 2-3 times every raid is fun and that his raid does likewise, he needs to get a reality check.

Anyway, kick has been justified, and the reasons listed seem a lot more plausible than OP's original explanation.
    Idk, it just sounds to be the OP got himself kicked. Not for the swap blaster but for the way he acted. Really, who tells their guild "xxx or I'll never raid with you again?" That sounds like something I'd say to a kid who stole my toy in grade school. At least thats the voice I read it in when I read the OP
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone in my raid team basically said "I get my way or I don't raid" I'd kick them too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post

"TN near memphis"

youfuckinkiddinme?
    yeh good luck getting anything identifying out of that, smart guy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    Hah. I met my husband in this game. we've been married 6 years now.
    When you spend a lot of time with people, sharing is bound to happen, after all we are social beings. (for the most part)
    Well, congratulations.

I dispute that sharing is "bound" to happen. It's a choice. I choose not to, at least not with people who I know only as electron ghosts over the web.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    5. Opening discord with ' my Niggahs' is not racist.

Any use of that disgusting word is worthy of a permaban from the game.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    yeh good luck getting anything identifying out of that, smart guy
    The person you replied to said they met someone online and found out they lived 2 hours away.

I could find out if I lived 2 hours away from you with the information you provided ... lol

Last night they decided to bench me for the next progression raid because i used a swapblaster during a normal gearing raid (which i was given permission to do). So i said in guildchat that it was BS to bench me for something i was told i could do, and that i wasnt gonna raid ever again if thats the case. And i got guildkicked while being offline.
    Hm, assuming what you said is true. What I read was you were benched for using the swapblaster. Not gkicked.

Your gkicked was what did after you got benched. You threaten to not raid with them again.

Deleted
    It doesn't take long to realize that OP did other things that made the guild kick him.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-24 at 08:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwner View Post
    Something, something, two sides to a story there always be.
    Yeah, sorry, but looking at how you acted after getting benched (even if it was for a stupid reason) and how happy they were to kick you over something so small, I'm going to assume that this has nothing to do with "loyalty" and just that they were annoyed and sick of you in general and were looking for an excuse to get rid of you. Sucks they didn't have the balls to just tell you though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got kicked from my guild. I was one of the first members ever to join. Stuck by them for 3 years or so. Raided with them, near 100% attendancy 2 days a week, performing in the 80% bracket, cleared my schedule to be able to. It was fun, we had good laughs, I was loyal, and expected that to be mutual.

Tonight we raided. I performed. And one of my things is the swapblaster. Makes the whole raid laugh. I dont use it excessively. 2-3 times, usually once at ursoc and once at elreth, keeps the raid on their toes. I even had a free pass on normal raids to use it, as long as i didnt use it during progression raids. It didnt slow the raid down as it was always aimed at a dps (usually someone being too loudmouthed) and always during a waiting period (waiting for RC Lootcouncil to finish distributing)

Last night they decided to bench me for the next progression raid because i used a swapblaster during a normal gearing raid (which i was given permission to do). So i said in guildchat that it was BS to bench me for something i was told i could do, and that i wasnt gonna raid ever again if thats the case. And i got guildkicked while being offline.

After 3 years of loyal attendancy, the time i spend with the guild and what i thought were friends i made, i get kicked over the use of a swapblaster.

Its funny though. What does this say about "online friends"? About guilds? Loyalty? I always thought they were real. Untill today. Now i understand my loyalty to people half way cross the ocean is worth fuckall, nomatter how nice and dandy you play together while it lasts. It feels weird, like i wasted the last 3 years of my life on them. Why bother with another guild?

Thoughts?

Edit:
    One of the officers responded to this thread on post 208. He is the officer that told me i could use it. And he wasnt there that particular raid and that evening i got kicked. Claiming im a racist (because i open Discord with "hello my niggahs") and that i harrassed people in guild. When in reality, i barely speak during raids and the only one truely harrassing people "go learn your fucking class blabla" was made officer.

Needless to say, take that as you will.
    Ammunition for why LFR should be endgame... and why it is for a lot of people.

The swapblaster is only fun when it annoys other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pots View Post
    Hi, i'm actually an officer of the guild in question and also the raid leader that was absent from the raid. Made an account just to put out a short little explanation to put this to bed, since there are, as in this case generally 2 sides to every story.

I don't question their loyalty at all to the guild and i 100% admired it along with the many other loyal members in our guild, but we can't let certain behaviour just slide by just because someone is loyal to the guild or has been in the guild for such a long time.

An increasing amount of racist comments in guild chat and voice comms, belittling people for making mistakes (bearing in mind we are a casual heroic guild, we let mistakes slide and if there are problems us officers will whisper them in private after the raid and not make a meal of it in raids), arguing with officers in raids. 4 weeks of constant swapblasting when in the end nobody was laughing, was slowing us down and wasting people's money on consumables was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

It got to the point where it felt like he thought he could do anything just because he had been a member for so long and nothing was changing honestly after countless (and i mean countless) warnings. This is a guild where we have all become real friends and we don't just play WoW together and we want new players that join us to feel that sense of community aswell. When a new member joins and they get attacked by one person for no reason it just isn't acceptable.
    I did find the non-warning/addressing the racist comments concerning. I see the warnings were conveniently left out of the story. I can't say I would ever find the use of a swapblaster that resulted in my death funny... but hey some people have a weird sense of humor and money to burn.

So you have an empty slot to fill eh? Class/role? Raid times? Realm? a/s/l... single? Whats your sign?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceventauren View Post
    The swapblaster is only fun when it annoys other people.
    There are some proper uses of it, such as when running back after a wipe and a faster running class passes by, you swap with them to shorten the distance you have to run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    *snip*
    They're not pruning the whistle or toys that generate sounds for less than 5 seconds, just like they aren't cutting special emotes, yell/say macros, toy disc/ball or the Winter Veil wand. Even personal class spells fall under this.

Train toy had its sound cut because it spammed for a full minute, without the consent of a non-partied member. It was also an aoe capable of annoying crowds of players (as opposed to a single target) to the point of physically disturbing the ear and fully interrupting flow of communication.

As of now, the only toy equivalent to the train set is the tickle totem. I can see the same for Hallowed wands, since they alter the player's control of their character, by bugging/glitching it -- unless they extend neural silencers to targeted transformations.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-11-01 at 09:41 AM.

What gets me is how tone death people like the OP are. That type of humor that is at the expense of someone else has its limits. You don't know if someone on the raid team is having a bad day and something like that just pushes them to the limit. Yes, in the grand scheme it is no big deal but if someone is having one of those days or feels you are always picking on them the "fun" ends real quickly. Then for the OP to make threats and throw a hissy fit in guild chat was probobly the nail in the coffin. Learn a lesson OP humor at the expense of others has its limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Ammunition for why LFR should be endgame... and why it is for a lot of people.
    ...Because if you go deeper into the thread you find out that the person is flat-out lying about the reasons he was removed from his guild.

I mean, I guess that's a case to make; LFR is endgame for a lot of people because said people couldn't socialize their way out of a paper bag.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    The moment i read op's post, i was seriously laughing and knew there were more to it.

i was not dissapointed.

Deleted
    OP is simply trying to stain said guild for being guild kicked.

Almost guaranteed this isn't the entire story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    ...Because if you go deeper into the thread you find out that the person is flat-out lying about the reasons he was removed from his guild.

I mean, I guess that's a case to make; LFR is endgame for a lot of people because said people couldn't socialize their way out of a paper bag.
    And if you had continued to read even just 1 or 2 posts down you'd see that I did "go deeper"

Not really interested in going into the psychology of the social structures in WoW and guilds but let's just say there is a dichotomy that exists in guilds that claim to be "social" whilst requiring a totalitarian form of leadership to exist and function and carry out take or accomplish goals in game. Also guilds who claim to be "social" and a group of friends end up dealing with 2 separate problems. (1) is anonymity and whether or not real relationships are being forged when you don't really know the other people (2) are the cliques that tend to form even within the "social" we love and treat everyone equally.

The bottom line is power corrupts, and the raiding world is typically led by narcissistic to borderline narcissistic individuals and exists because codependency demands it. The vast majority of interactions in the game are actually very antisocial experiences.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP just seems like an immature person, getting laughs at the expense of others....even his name is immature

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You just said that raid leaders are getting pissed about pixelated thing that only exists in virtual world. Sounds very reasonable to kick someone. Come on, give me a break, raid leader is obviously a prick who wanted to "show" it to someone. If you are in a guild and you have 100% attendance and guild benches you down for something retarded like this - I would instantly leave the guild.

To OP, do not feel sorry, there are better people in this world.
    If you keep doing something annoying, people will get annoyed at you. This has consequences. Someone incapable of understanding that should, indeed, instantly leave the guild. You'd be doing everyone a favor.