Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I am so glad I left that game before it went F2P.
    Yet here you are posting about a game you said you stopped playing over 2 years ago, can't quite grasp the logic of that, you don't see me posting on the Wildstar sub Forum or on SW: ToR or even the WoW Forum here about how "upset" i am that the game didn't deliver what i wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Yet here you are posting about a game you said you stopped playing over 2 years ago, can't quite grasp the logic of that, you don't see me posting on the Wildstar sub Forum or on SW: ToR or even the WoW Forum here about how "upset" i am that the game didn't deliver what i wanted.
    Its quite simple to understand.

People keep a eye on a game they did enjoy in hopes it improves. You are on a WoW fansite, I would think you would understand this concept.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Because this isn't the rift forums where a single ounce of criticism gets shut down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because this isn't the rift forums where a single ounce of criticism gets shut down.
    Constructive criticism is all fine and dandy if you actually play the game you criticise, i thought that would be very obvious, i played Wildstar, SW: ToR, bought Black Desert when it was on sale for €10 a few weeks back, but i'm not playing them anymore, does that give me a right to criticise them?

If i was to criticise them it would have to be from the time i was actually playing, since then, especially in terms of Wildstar and SW:ToR that was years ago, a lot has changed in both games so my point was i'm not qualified to criticise any game i'm no longer playing because i'm out of the loop and have no idea how said games play right now.

Constructive criticism is all fine and dandy if you actually play the game you criticise, i thought that would be very obvious, i played Wildstar, SW: ToR, bought Black Desert when it was on sale for €10 a few weeks back, but i'm not playing them anymore, does that give me a right to criticise them?

If i was to criticise them it would have to be from the time i was actually playing, since then, especially in terms of Wildstar and SW:ToR that was years ago, a lot has changed in both games so my point was i'm not qualified to criticise any game i'm no longer playing because i'm out of the loop and have no idea how said games play right now.
    You have every right to criticise the game especially if you keep up to date with them. And people are here in the hopes Rift will improve so they keep up to date with the game. Which people are doing with Rift. So your argument is completely invalid. Also takes 5 minutes to do some research on how those games are today and your opinion even without research is still allowed. People here are allowed to be critical with Trion after they consistently do stupid crap whether they play the game or not.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-27 at 08:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People here are allowed to be critical with Trion after they consistently do stupid crap whether they play the game or not.
    Based on what? what some butt hurt player that feels Game Company A did bad things to them and is now on a crusade to inform everyone else about their issues?

If i want to formulate my own opinion of a game i go play it and see or at least watch a stream/video of game play with sound muted, not interested in what some "famous" streamer has to say, show me game play and i can decide for myself if it's worth pursuing. If you need other people to tell you what you should be playing and can't make up your own opinion, well......

You listen to their opinion, you don't act on their opinion, that's up to you how to go forward and form your own opinion.

Based on what? what some butt hurt player that feels Game Company A did bad things to them and is now on a crusade to inform everyone else about their issues?

If i want to formulate my own opinion of a game i go play it and see or at least watch a stream/video of game play with sound muted, not interested in what some "famous" streamer has to say, show me game play and i can decide for myself if it's worth pursuing. If you need other people to tell you what you should be playing and can't make up your own opinion, well......

You listen to their opinion, you don't act on their opinion, that's up to you how to go forward and form your own opinion.
    Where did I say they should act on my opinion? Stop putting words in my mouth again please. Said in a thread where I reviewed it that they should go play it and form their own opinion in the video games section and not just to take my word for it. If you don't like my criticism btw you have a couple of options to remedy that. Talk to the moderators or in this case for Rift moderator about it or ignore me.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-of-10/page96

There you go.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-27 at 09:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop putting words in my mouth again please.
    How am i "putting words" in your mouth when i directly quoted you and answered based on that quote

How am i "putting words" in your mouth when i directly quoted you and answered based on that quote
    Because you assumed that me saying people are entitled to an opinion means anybody reading it should act on it. Where did I ever say that? I said you are entitled to an opinion or criticism and that is it. Nowhere did I say anybody should act on any opinion or criticism presented in this thread. I said people can be irritated with Trion if they want to and when I said that I meant they can read up on the game and make up their own opinion. I even linked you where I gave my opinion on the game yet told people to go and try it for themselves.

Now to get back on topic if you think any major system is changing such as this one or for example the planar assault adventures so close to release then I have bad news for you. This late in for any beta is usually just finishing touches. Any software or game this late in is usually ready with just minor fixes left.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-27 at 09:25 AM.

Why? I still keep tabs on WoW despite not playing since Cata, outside of a brief stint in MoP that lasted like a month. Same with a handful of other games. And when this and SWTOR fall out of my rotation with their respective patches I'll continue to keep an eye on them.

Believe it or not, people do follow games that they don't play or are critical of.

If you want to criticize Black Desert constructively, sure. You don't need to play a game to post about it in these forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    The latest changes to the Planar Fragment system got added to PTS last night and should make players happy.

Fragments will no longer intermingle caster and martial attributes. For instance, if you get an Attack Power (Aggressive) fragment, it will only ever roll martial stats or shared stats. There is zero chance for Spell Power, Spell Crit Hit, Wisdom, or Intelligence. Fragments that have shared stats such as Crit Power (Punishing) have two versions that are denoted in the name as Martial or Mystical. Example: Punishing Mystical Death Fragment.

Additionally, with this change, the secondary attributes will no longer be static. They now have a range at which they can roll upon creation, being revealed, or being selected at a infusion tier level up.

It is important to note that martial characters can still get caster fragments. This is intended because fragments are account bound and as such can be traded freely to alts.
    Full Dev post: http://forums.riftgame.com/starfall-...ml#post5256582

Any fragments you have right now on PTS are useless so just recycle everything, they no longer break down into three base items per Plane (white,green.blue) but just one type per plane so instead of ending up with 18 recycled fragments (3x6 Planes) it's now just 6, one for each Plane.

The upgrading path for the Fragments has been changed as well, to upgrade from Tier 1 to Tier 6 will cost planarite (finally a use for it) and plat, the platinum cost is vastly reduced from what it was, to upgrade from Tier 7 to max Tier 15 will cost recycled frags and platinum.

Again, bear in mind, this is still Open Beta and everything is subject to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    The latest changes to the Planar Fragment system got added to PTS last night and should make players happy.

Full Dev post: http://forums.riftgame.com/starfall-...ml#post5256582

Any fragments you have right now on PTS are useless so just recycle everything, they no longer break down into three base items per Plane (white,green.blue) but just one type per plane so instead of ending up with 18 recycled fragments (3x6 Planes) it's now just 6, one for each Plane.

The upgrading path for the Fragments has been changed as well, to upgrade from Tier 1 to Tier 6 will cost planarite (finally a use for it) and plat, the platinum cost is vastly reduced from what it was, to upgrade from Tier 7 to max Tier 15 will cost recycled frags and platinum.

Again, bear in mind, this is still Open Beta and everything is subject to change.
    Slipmat. You're a good bloke in game - a different person to on the forums.

Be honest, with Uncle Wocky though. You work for Trion, right - as a free-lance contractor to promote their games?

The caveats and subtle nuances you use all seem to point to this.

ps. Planar fragments are still not perfect, not what we were led to believe they would be, and still add far too much RNG to the already too much RNG in the game.

An idea obviously concocted by marketing/management - not the devs - to delay progression by putting grind behind a warped RNG gate.

Rep rewards / currency buying RNG lockboxes is also one of the dumbest things ever.

The grind in this expansion is going to be extreme - when rewards for currency spent are gated behind RNG.

Nice to see they dropped the fragments down to 6 instead of 18 - that was a #clusterfuck overly complex design and I have a long rant on PTS with DEV_Vladd calling them out on the entire Planar Fragment issue.

I respect the Trion devs, but not the marketing/management. Vladd is awesome, ditto for Tacitus and RR.

The planarite thing is a good idea. The plat is just a cash-grab thing - to make people buy REX.

I will reserve judgement to see just how "vastly" reduced it is.

Hoping for a smooth 16th November launch.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Hoping for a smooth 16th November launch.
    Holy shit, the expansion is out in two weeks and they're still making tweaks like this with little in terms of time for testing?...

For some reason I had it in my mind this was coming out in December but guess I was confusing it with the SWTOR expansion. Sheesh, that's kinda disappointing : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Holy shit, the expansion is out in two weeks and they're still making tweaks like this with little in terms of time for testing?...

For some reason I had it in my mind this was coming out in December but guess I was confusing it with the SWTOR expansion. Sheesh, that's kinda disappointing : /
    You know what I'm keen on seeing?

How they're going to balance dungeons and raids - it will have to all be easy mode because planar fragments can give you from 25% to 40% stat boost.

The RNG thing is an effective way of forcing people to slow down till RNGesus allows high-end raiders to get the planar fragments they need to progress on hard mode.

How in the heck do you make a fair dps check when gear is gated by RNG?

This thread still shows up in the recent topics window.

I haven't played Rift ever since 2013 or so but I popped in here because I saw a Rift thread show up in the Recent Topics window on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    You know what I'm keen on seeing?

How they're going to balance dungeons and raids - it will have to all be easy mode because planar fragments can give you from 25% to 40% stat boost.

The RNG thing is an effective way of forcing people to slow down till RNGesus allows high-end raiders to get the planar fragments they need to progress on hard mode.

How in the heck do you make a fair dps check when gear is gated by RNG?
    I'm actually curious on this. How the fuck do you do it?. Because if you don't get the right stats or gear then your dps is screwed.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-08 at 07:25 PM.

Deleted
    i had to log in just to say OMFG to that RNG........

was lurking arround forums etc to see if rift worth coming back but.... it seems like the game is getting worse and worse with every expac...

I have a theory:

The more RNG a game relies upon to extend the life of content, the closer it is to death.