Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvissa View Post
    I find it bizarre to be honest. Take off your rose tinted specs and you'll see that Vanilla actually sucked balls.
    The "rose-tinted" argument is so tired. I've played on multiple Vanilla servers over the years, including Nostalrius. My time on them has provided me with great enjoyment, and has absolutely nothing to do with Nostalgia. Is it really so hard to believe that different people like different things?

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    There is a clear question then: Would a legacy server announcement be justified as the big thing of Blizzcon 2016, even though many players, even for world of warcraft, would never touch the thing? I think it is like using the opening event to announce a new patch, where a new raid is the only feature: Few people would even care and alot of other people would feel like Blizzcon was wasted.
    Diablo, it's anniversary, and whatever they're working on/going to announce is 1000 times more important than legacy servers.

Blizzcon is about new things, not old things. If they spend time talking about Legacy instead of, say, patch 7.2 or even 7.3, I'd consider that time wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Oh joy, this again. They just have to say "No." and it's done.
    They won't.

People like vanilla classes, maps, atmosphere.

Legion is a nice paint job but can't carry the expansion with RNG and pruned classes. This is why people are still asking for Legacy servers despite a new expansion launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion1602 View Post
    Blizzcon is about new things, not old things. If they spend time talking about Legacy instead of, say, patch 7.2 or even 7.3, I'd consider that time wasted.
    Too bad. Legacy servers will be talked about.

I say that as someone pretty neutral about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    200k+ signs says otherwise.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Fight me
    Nost offers shirts to wear to Blizzcon, to show solidarity, for the low low price of $13.

They sell 200, out of the so-called hundreds of thousands of players out there who are willing to pay for Legacy servers, and support it.

Yeah.

Great crusade you have going there.

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    People like vanilla classes, maps, atmosphere.

Legion is a nice paint job but can't carry the expansion with RNG and pruned classes. This is why people are still asking for Legacy servers despite a new expansion launch.
    I can tell you've played a lot of Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Nost offers shirts to wear to Blizzcon, to show solidarity, for the low low price of $13.

They sell 200, out of the so-called hundreds of thousands of players out there who are willing to pay for Legacy servers, and support it.

Yeah.

Great crusade you have going there.

Yup.
    It's almost like online signatures are extremely easy to get!

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    !
    Alpha of Legion told me to not touch Legion with a ten foot pole. The RNG stench is so bad.

Alpha of Legion told me to not touch Legion with a ten foot pole. The RNG stench is so bad.
    Sure bro, your signature shows that you're a very logical and intelligent person.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    200k+ signs says otherwise.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Fight me
    200k+ signs does not account for number of people, who would pay sub for a vanilla game. Also 200k+ against 5mil+ is not a good fight really I, for examble, signed the petition, but would never pay for the game I just like the idea of people being able to see the good and shitty things about vanilla servers.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Sure bro, your signature shows that you're a very logical and intelligent person.
    Not buying a mediocre expansion I do not like is very logical. Thanks for your concern though.

Doesn't want to touch Legion because of RNG, wants vanilla servers which has worse RNG. Your logic is flawed.

The murloc theory really feeds into this. I think it would be a very good idea if they either allow nostalrius to reopen or just do it themselves. Either WY, if there isn't an announcement I'll be upset. It's obviously a concern and I think they can do some amazing things with it.
    Imagine if they did seasons where you start in classic, then move to tbc, then wrath etc. Like a pve progression race where you have to beat the whole game! That sounds so awesome to me. But if they just make a classic server, that sounds pretty pointless.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost like online signatures are extremely easy to get!
    Sometimes people just sign to get peace. It also only required 1 click, so not alot of dedication was needed.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Doesn't want to touch Legion because of RNG, wants vanilla servers which has worse RNG. Your logic is flawed.
    I fail to see where in vanilla was the worse RNG. You knew exactly what dropped where and once you got the item you were sure it had the best ilvl you could possibly get.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Nope.

Legion out does vanilla easily with RNG;

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Depends if blizz see it as worth their time and potential loss to live server consumer Base as alot of people won't stand to have content cut or decayed due to focus on a 12 year old game I know I wouldn't.
    Blizzard spent years of development time and money on project titan, including allocating WoW developers to it. It didn't result in any noticeable extra content cut or decay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Tbf 200k Sigs and alot were duplicate you'll find alot of people you ask truly don't care for legacy server's also 200k Sigston over the few million who play live bit of a difference there.
    Τhis constitutes actually an oft-posted troll by Blizzdrones.

Here's what Change.Org has to say regarding:

Quote Originally Posted by Change.Org
    Ensuring the integrity of our petitions is vitally important to us and we put significant resources towards spam detection. We monitor all petitions, all the time - 24 hours a day. We have a multi-layered process of automatic detection and human investigation, and our staff is constantly evolving our tools and improving our systems to keep pace with potential hackers and spammers.

Like any online platform, Change.org is regularly targeted by would-be spammers. This spam can take many forms, one of which is adding fake signatures to petitions. This kind of spam is almost always caught before it goes live on the site.

In extremely rare instances petitions have been the target of successful spam attacks that added inauthentic signatures to the petition. In these instances our policy is to immediately cut off the source of the spam, remove the fraudulent signatures and bring the signature count down to its authentic number.

The Change.org community is a vital resource to us in spam detection. If you believe that a petition you signed or started has been spammed, please contact our Help Center immediately.
    There were no duplicate signatures and there were no fake signatures. If you tried to troll in the petition, your troll was pruned out of the petition.

With respect to the OP, I think it is amazing that you even get so many questions about Legacy Servers being that:

1. The vast majority of us, Private WoW Server players, do not have an active WoW subscription.

2. Blizzard made sure to permabann (in the forums) the vast majority of the posters who were for Legacy Servers, so even if we had a Retail subscription most of us would not be able to post anyway.

So, all these questions come from Retail subscribers who want to play legacy, something that underlines just how many people, beyond the 280,000 who signed the petition, want to play Legacy WoW.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    I fail to see where in vanilla was the worse RNG.
    Exactly. Thank you.

It is like some people have turned off their thinking and logical skills to defend Legion because there is a chance vanilla servers might be popular? I doubt vanilla servers would be more popular than live servers, but there will be a lot of interest if they do come.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    200k+ signs does not account for number of people, who would pay sub for a vanilla game. Also 200k+ against 5mil+ is not a good fight really I, for examble, signed the petition, but would never pay for the game I just like the idea of people being able to see the good and shitty things about vanilla servers.
    Vanilla professions were bad but they are at least better than what Legion provides. So all the "bad things" about vanilla are still upgrades from Legion if you logically think about it.