Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewtheimmortal View Post
    False - DK lacks mobility to lose stacks,but can remove stacks with AMS - and can drop again by aoe stuns from others or gorfiend on friendlies to kite
    There is nothing false with my post. Anti Magic Shell is on 1 minute cooldown. Too long cd to drop stacks with it.

If talented DnD snare and wraithwalk away can easily drop stacks. Unless there are small rocks around.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    There is nothing false with my post. Anti Magic Shell is on 1 minute cooldown. Too long cd to drop stacks with it.
    Dunno, I had not problems doing it. The snare from DnD combined with HS is doing quite a lot, also you can mass grip mobs away AND on top of that you have AMS. Yes, it's a 1 minute CD, but on +10, that's available for AT least every second pack for me. Throw in the occasional aoe stun from a fellow DH/Hunter/Shaman etc. and it is definitely manageable.

The ticks eating away Boneshield still sucks major donkey balls.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need mobility in high M+ and AMS being a 1 minute CD is really a non-issue. It's pretty assumed at 10+ that you aren't going to chain pulling packs. Depending on affixes and level, you might at most pull two packs together with a boatload of DPS CDs, but normally you're usually pulling one. Damage output alone, let alone what mobs cast pretty much prohibit you from pulling several packs together when you start approaching 15.

As I mentioned necrotic is bad, but it's only bad for DKs as it strips your boneshield stacks between packs, which does make you fairly vulnerable going into new ones. Sans a few packs, necrotic isn't that bad because most mobs can be kited and DKs have the strongest kiting cool if you talent properly (and you should). You don't need wraith walk and you really don't need mobility if you have a giant snaring pool. The only problem arises on some bosses with adds that attack fast, as it becomes incredibly difficult to actually drop stacks, even with AMS. In those cases it's very nice to have a melee who can taunt at range to assist you in dropping stacks.

Necrotic is still shit, but it's mostly because of the affixes paired with it. Necrotic + Raging is absolute fucking cancer and probably the worst affix combo in the game. Week one bolstering seemed awful, but once you realize that you just try and kill mobs evenly, taking special note of mobs who have more health than others in a pack, it's one of the easier affixes to deal with. Bolstering pretty much makes you approach things differently, and take special note of those non-elite shit mobs that will fuck you up if you ignore them.

I've done up to 14 so far with my DK and the hardest part is at least with tyrannical how hard actual boss base melee swings start hitting you for. Even with boneshield active all the time 3-4 melee boss swings can actually kill you. In my vault 14 with tyrannical I was getting hit for nearly 1.4 million damage per boss melee swing, which is a lot lol. One of the major problems with some of the tanks right now, especially at higher levels is how hard you get hit and DKs really don't have a smooth damage intake. I can only imagine a bear druid sitting there laughing as they get pummeled a dozen times before realizing that they might be in danger.

I used AMS to drop necrotic a lot last week, but mostly you rely on DnD snare and kiting. When you don't have that much mitigation you rely on kiting a lot as a DK anyways, regardless of affixes.

Deleted
    DKs don't seem superior to anyone but monks.

I'd say: Guardian >> Pala > DH > War > DK > Monk for lowrt. And the same for higher except warrs overtaking dhs in most instances.