Mythic Dragons Help Needed (With Logs)

We had our first night on Mythic Dragons, 32 wipes so far. Our best pull we fell apart at 30% (then he healed back up as we died).

We are having tanks swap around 5 stacks, but the time it takes for these stacks to drop off usually means by the end they are swapping at 6-7. We are splitting them on pull (doing the slow and steady pace route, less taxing on healers to have less marks). We are using hero the 2nd set of shades and using dps pots the 3rd set of shades, as these two places (especially 2nd shades) was giving us a lot of difficulty with the portal group being gone.

We started with a holy priest and resto druid on left, mistweaver and resto sham on right. Left side seemed to be taking more damage so we swapped the shaman and holy priest, and we got to 30%. We were originally dispelling all shadow burst but it escalated too fast so swapped to at two stacks OR if someone had volatile/flower.

Portal team is DH, rogue, warrior, enhance, and a holy paladin. They are not having any issues that were identified, no deaths no problem killing add. Sometimes they did spawn flowers while exiting/entering, but we figured that timing out by the end I believe.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tkgN2rQcy943ZH6Y#

This is such a hard fight to identify problems because I can only see one side.... are we positioning the dragons right? We are up against a wall so the view is so hard, I just feel like we are doing something tiny wrong and once we figure it out we will be golden.

Also, why do we sometimes get TWO volatile rots on the same side? Is that just total RNG? It is so much easier to handle when there is one volatile rot on each side. I'm guessing its just RNG but blech...

Please help! I'm struggling to figure out how to improve these besides continue pulling

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    We had our first night on Mythic Dragons, 32 wipes so far. Our best pull we fell apart at 30% (then he healed back up as we died).

We are having tanks swap around 5 stacks, but the time it takes for these stacks to drop off usually means by the end they are swapping at 6-7. We are splitting them on pull (doing the slow and steady pace route, less taxing on healers to have less marks). We are using hero the 2nd set of shades and using dps pots the 3rd set of shades, as these two places (especially 2nd shades) was giving us a lot of difficulty with the portal group being gone.

We started with a holy priest and resto druid on left, mistweaver and resto sham on right. Left side seemed to be taking more damage so we swapped the shaman and holy priest, and we got to 30%. We were originally dispelling all shadow burst but it escalated too fast so swapped to at two stacks OR if someone had volatile/flower.

Portal team is DH, rogue, warrior, enhance, and a holy paladin. They are not having any issues that were identified, no deaths no problem killing add. Sometimes they did spawn flowers while exiting/entering, but we figured that timing out by the end I believe.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tkgN2rQcy943ZH6Y#

This is such a hard fight to identify problems because I can only see one side.... are we positioning the dragons right? We are up against a wall so the view is so hard, I just feel like we are doing something tiny wrong and once we figure it out we will be golden.

Also, why do we sometimes get TWO volatile rots on the same side? Is that just total RNG? It is so much easier to handle when there is one volatile rot on each side. I'm guessing its just RNG but blech...

Please help! I'm struggling to figure out how to improve these besides continue pulling
    Shaman is the best for going downstairs, add a 6th healer if you are having issues - plenty of guilds 6 healed the first kill of this.

Our portal team is doing great so I don't see the need to put the shaman in as we are already 32 pulls deep. We could add a 6th healer (disc), I was not aware that was a viable option. Will check that out.

Any other things we can improve on based on our logs and other personal experience with this boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    Our portal team is doing great so I don't see the need to put the shaman in as we are already 32 pulls deep. We could add a 6th healer (disc), I was not aware that was a viable option. Will check that out.

Any other things we can improve on based on our logs and other personal experience with this boss?
    Shaman for downstairs was more to keep the paladin upstairs, but if thats not an issue I wouldn't worry about it. This fight is a pure mechanics check, but you can overheal it to make up for sloppy mechanics.

Only tips are:

- flowers should only ever spawn two adds
    - let no casts off
    - group up before spirits
    - dont die
    - don't get slept
    - don't get stunned
    Last edited by InkarnateKT; 2016-10-24 at 07:26 PM.

try lusting at 55-60% instead. that's the hardest part of the fight, and if your healers fall behind they probably won't recover.

shades are a lot easier if people can semi group up just before they spawn, you shouldn't need lust or pots to kill them.

This is really an attrition fight where you have to react well to the hand you're dealt rather than saying "pop cooldowns when x ability happens". This is pretty apparent if you get 2 volatile infections on one side (it sucks and you need to adapt accordingly)

I'm not a holy priest expert but I healed it as holy priest since ours was sick and I'd question your ones choice of talents. He has halo and hardly uses it. He takes circle of healing which I just find meh - and a mana killer. He doesn't smite in the first part of the fight which is basically free dps and theres nothing to heal then. He should either take apotheosis for some burst or benediction for the chance to leave a free renew on people. (7.1 makes this talent stronger too). I'm not seeing mana pots used but finding a time to use a leytorrent potion is huge. Also, hes casting tons of renews. I'd never cast it if possible. Talent it so it can proc off a PoM or ignore it.
    He can also take symbol of hope for 10 seconds mana free healing and *your druid needs to innervate when called for!!!!*

The tl'dr is I think ur holy priest needs to get his output to closer to 225k-250k and I'm not the best person to offer advice ^_^ 6 healing is certainly an option.

Apart from that its like InkarnateKT said. You need to perform the mechanics well. In early kills theres going to be little margin for error. The healing is tight and mana is precious so you can't afford to heal peoples mistakes so focus mechanics (for example dont get hit by plants spawning you won't be topped and it can easily kill you).

Others may have better insight into dispels but your priest did 3 in 4 min. Thats too little imo. A mass dispel costs 2x as much as a regular dispel so I decided to MD IF I could hit all 3 people with shadow burst. It's a lot of mana but it saves a lot of healing. I guess you still need to find the balance there.

Take heart though, once you get to ~35% theres no shadow burst or volatile infection to deal with so the healing becomes a lot easier (tho people in flowers with shit raining from the sky requires spot healing).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    (...)
    Take heart though, once you get to ~35% theres no shadow burst or volatile infection to deal with so the healing becomes a lot easier (tho people in flowers with shit raining from the sky requires spot healing).
    On the other hand, it's quite likely that healers are running on fumes at that point, which is why adding a sixth one would probably be the best. Damage patterns on this fight can get amazingly random, with double infections/shadow bursts/roots on one side and nothing happening on the other. Sleep clouds spawning in flowers for more adds if you can't soak with immunity. Flowers spawning on people with infection for that little bit of extra burst.

One of the sides will have more damage taken simply because of Marks dropping during phase changes, so having an extra healer there helps a ton. Even if they do get lucky with debuffs, it still conserves mana for the final phase. Lethon isn't all that dangerous on the ground, but it's the attrition that kills the raid at this point. And as long as portal team does their job, there isn't any dps check that would make six healers risky.

Also, if one of the healers is visibly underperfoming or has issues with some of the mechanics - throw them inside the portal. There's really nothing difficult to be done here, except for the first few seconds while Marks are still ticking. As long as most casts get interrupted, anyone can do it without many issues. That's not to say that the person has to be the "worst" at their role, of course, but it can be easier than dealing with rest of the fight all the time.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-10-25 at 02:44 AM.

Downed this last week with 5 heals, I think 6 is a great option if you have mana issues, I also suggest talents that help with mana, like I switched to Divine Purpose (even though it's supposedly weakest) because it is a HUGE mana saver in the long run, I ended the fight with 30-40% mana versus previous attempts without it where I was oom around 20% of the fight remaining, this was even with using a Leytorrent pot. I am sure other healers have mana saving talents, but if they don't, 6 healing is also a very good option as the fight is not about beating it fast, but enduring the mechanics and surviving.

AWESOME advice here all thank you so much!! We are going to go ahead and drop a melee to snag our disc and send them into the portal so we have hpally outside for more heals. I think with the 6 healers we should be able to get this down. Lots of stuff for me to take back to the team, thank you again.
    Last edited by Broccoliz; 2016-10-25 at 02:06 PM.