Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    You seem to completely have missed the entire point of the OP. This is about people that don't want to lift a finger in the game and still want the best gear.
    This is about the player who was mentioned in OP's post. And he did not say that...

I dont think its about the gear its about having more options of content to do. For example.. if the Halloween boss and events rewarded good high ilvl then tons of people would be motivated to do it..

World quests should not award the best gear.
    I agree with that.

But is there a need for the petty casual bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyxi View Post
    Game needs more Amani War Bear type things for hardcores to chase for their prestige. Maybe nobody will give a shit about what ilvl casuals have then.
    No amount will be good enough.
    As shown plenty of times already, as long as anyone has an inferior version of what they have, they will complain about it.
    They want everything to be exclusive to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Does this thread really need to exist? If you do significantly harder content you are nearly gauranteed better overall gear, maybe if youre playing 20% as much game time as a much lower difficulty player youll have about even gear. If you truly want casual players to hit like an 835/840 ilvl wall without doing mythic + and herioc EN what ypure really asking for is another sub cliff that threatens the continued existence of the game. I do herioc EN with my guild and mythic +, and im 865, which is fine. My hunter who's done mostly only wqs has 847. Its not that big a deal to me, I dont want there to be a stark cutoff, because then id be even less likely to be able to advance my alts or build a large enough viable raid group. Im not a big fan of the legendary system, but other than that this expansion has hit a good balance of gradual gear progression that makes me excited to continue playing it.

In the real world a business caters do the best paying customers and since the majority of players are casual blizzards overall business philosophy will reflect that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they need gear because they aren't as good as you so need all the help they can get? Unlike the pro players that obviously dont need good gear because they are so pro...oh wait...

The current design is fantastic:

*Players who don't have an interest in group content can outgear world solo content strictly by doing tradeskills and World Quests. This ilvl will scale as the expansion ages. With titanforging and legendaries from caches, this will keep them ahead of their content's curve and keep them feeling like they're progressing.
    *Players willing to do dungeons but not organized raids are given an ilvl ceiling on par with raiders through the Mythic+ system.
    *Raiders have multiple avenues for getting the high-ilvl gear they need to smoothly progress through Normal, Heroic and Mythic.

Everyone has a relatively easy path to getting geared for the content they want to do. A mythic raider shouldn't be pissed that someone can RNG their way to a legendary or a high-ilvl piece from a WQ, and the solo player/casual shouldn't be mad that people who spend way more time on the game have higher ilvls than them. Being realistic about what you want out of the game and what metrics you should use to measure your progress is key.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    You can also ask:

Why do hardcore players need gear? (it is a soft nerf of content)
    They don't, there is a reason it goes on farm status as fast as it does.

Just because I'm a casual doesn't mean I don't enjoy getting gear and advancing my character.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    The current design is fantastic:

*Players who don't have an interest in group content can outgear world solo content strictly by doing tradeskills and World Quests. This ilvl will scale as the expansion ages. With titanforging and legendaries from caches, this will keep them ahead of their content's curve and keep them feeling like they're progressing.
    *Players willing to do dungeons but not organized raids are given an ilvl ceiling on par with raiders through the Mythic+ system.
    *Raiders have multiple avenues for getting the high-ilvl gear they need to smoothly progress through Normal, Heroic and Mythic.

Everyone has a relatively easy path to getting geared for the content they want to do. A mythic raider shouldn't be pissed that someone can RNG their way to a legendary or a high-ilvl piece from a WQ, and the solo player/casual shouldn't be mad that people who spend way more time on the game have higher ilvls than them. Being realistic about what you want out of the game and what metrics you should use to measure your progress is key.
    I don't think anyone is pissed about casual players getting legendaries/high titanforged items. It's the casuals that are pissed about not being able to progress their character without doing any sort of grouped content (which they can, it's just going to be slower).

7+ Year Old Account
    Because casual subs are the ones that pay for new content?

It's a progression based game so if you want to keep slaying dragons for 5 hours every night while the same 10 dipshits wipe to the same mechanic, it's best to actually give the people who pay the bills something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Because casual subs are the ones that pay for new content?
    OP uses a bit of a specific definition for "casual." The guy he referenced in his post didn't do any group content, which I don't think is a majority stance among all WoW players.

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    I don't care what people do with their time I'm just asking why they need gear? The post doesn't ask why do casuals like this guy play WoW 40+ hours a week doing mindless content? I simply want to know why they need 850+ to do "Aw Nuts!" 500 times faster
    The problem is you, and many like you, keep using this word "need". No one needs better gear, not even you. People want better gear though. And despite your best efforts to paint casuals as 'less than people', they ARE people who play the game just like you and derive enjoyment out of gear progression.

You use the word need, I assume, because you think you 'need' better gear to slay the bigger dragons. Your mistake is a matter of perspective; that perspective being any number of OTHER players. Don't assume the motivation behind it.

Getting gear is fun.

Casuals pay the same as you.

That isn't hard math.

Quote Originally Posted by hebere View Post
    The problem is you, and many like you, keep using this word "need". No one needs better gear, not even you. People want better gear though. And despite your best efforts to paint casuals as 'less than people', they ARE people who play the game just like you and derive enjoyment out of gear progression.

You use the word need, I assume, because you think you 'need' better gear to slay the bigger dragons. Your mistake is a matter of perspective; that perspective being any number of OTHER players. Don't assume the motivation behind it.

Getting gear is fun.

That isn't hard math.
    This one time, I bought a ticket to a concert, but stood in the back, and didn't catch any guitar picks when they were thrown out. Totally unfair, seeing as that guy who went up front caught one.

Getting gear is fun.

That isn't hard math.
    So playing the first stage of Super Mario Bros over and over again should eventually allow you to save the princess, only because you have paid for the game?

I'm speechless.

10+ Year Old Account

Getting gear is fun.

That isn't hard math.
    I could.imagine a game where no gear existed. Where the need was eliminated because player power just scaled to meet whatever challenge. I suspect this woud satisfy NO ONE even though the need had been eliminated. It is of course all about desire and in this casuals/hardcores/raiders/non-raiders are all the same.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Take away gear from casuals then there won't be a game left because you'll be down to like 10k subs. Have fun elitist pricks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This one time, I bought a ticket to a concert, but stood in the back, and didn't catch any guitar picks when they were thrown out. Totally unfair, seeing as that guy who went up front caught one.
    The problem with this analogy is that it suggests players are interested in doing nothing or very little for gear. WoD should have proved this wrong. Players may not be interested in doing specific activities (say raiding) but the wow can and should encompass more than raiding and those activities can and should award better.

Nobody is asking to do nothing and get gear. What they are asking is for the time they do invest in the game to award better relative to say raiding. For the gap to be smaller.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    So playing the first stage of Super Mario Bros over and over again should eventually allow you to save the princess, only because you have paid for the game?

I'm speechless.
    Your analogy is terrible. I'm not surprised you are speechless, as you seem to be quite thoughtless as well.

The point being all types of people play the game, and pretty much all of them have one thing in common; they all like character progression. Don't make the mistake of thinking that since you consider raiding hard, it should be only way to get the best gear. I know tons of people who hate pvp since it's so hard for them; shouldn't that, then under that rationale, be the premier loot source?

Does that sound stupid? Of course it does. It sounds stupid because it's framing a reward system from a single perspective.

The most entertaining aspect of these threads is that they show the real underbelly of individual arrogance. Congrats.