Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I will say I am a 871 casual player. I enjoy this game by just gearing myself. I don't have time to raid or do any organized pvp. This expansion is fantastic in that if you just log on here and there you can still benefit by doing things. I am also happy that due to this titanforging system all my more casual friends can play with me too and since the ilv drops don't matter too much (due to titanforging) we can all enjoy content together! I will say though that chasing 830-835 ilv world quests with all your time expecting 860s won't give you a very meaningful experience when playing this game. Just play with friends and do what they want and next thing you know youve got some amazing pieces.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Always the same attitude with these edgelords. You'll grow up once you realize there's a life outside of WoW and you have to move out of your parents their basement and quit living off welfare.
    are you talking about me? because if so I clearly said in the original post that I work and go to school full time. I'm 27 and I've live alone for 9 years.

Problem with people like the OP mentioned is that they really aren't casual. They play a lot, more than many raiders. They just don't play in groups because they have some form of anti-social preference. They don't want the hassle of dealing with people drama. So they want to be able to get the gear they so desire in a solo scenario, and that just isn't possible in a MMO. If you could get that gear by yourself easily, most people would take that route, and devalue the end game/mmo aspect of WoW.

Casuals need gear for the same reason any other player needs gear, to give a system of progression that translates into an increase in player power when engaging in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons? He goes on to say that they need a "casual in their office telling them every day that he has nothing to do". If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR! If you are really that "casual" why do you need a HARDCORE ILVL!?!? go farm mounts or pets or xmogs or does that require an 880 ilvl? If you don't want to play WoW than don't play WoW don't whine and complain that it isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I work AND go to school full time and I'm 855 ilvl and ready for karazan tomorrow. I'm a casual by my own definition and I never feel entitled to gear.

TLR Want gear? Get good. You don't deserve anything from WQ.
    Michael Jordan: WHY ARE YOU BUYING JORDANS WHEN YOU DONT PLAY BASKETBALL...

Said no Michael Jordan or Nike executive ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because character progression is important. They might not need to the gear, but it's still nice to grow more powerful.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Michael Jordan: WHY ARE YOU BUYING JORDANS WHEN YOU DONT PLAY BASKETBALL...

Said no Michael Jordan or Nike executive ever.
    Ah yes but did he get the Nikes fo free????

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    You need to be able to raise your power, progress you character.
    But you can do that with Artifact Power, so the mechanic is already there.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because character progression is important. They might not need to the gear, but it's still nice to grow more powerful.
    Artifact Power. and TF. that's enough. WQ is basically the minimum wage of WoW. You'll get a raise when the inflation happens. but otherwise go out and earn more shit. 'merica

- - - Updated - - -

I hear SWTOR is an amazing solo play MMO btw

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    .......I've live alone for 9 years.
    Perhaps that's the problem?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, why do you even care what other people do with thier time? Contrary to popular belief, your opinion isnt important just because the internet gives you the unfortunate ability to share it with others.

Because no matter how or why you play, it feels good to progress your character. Duh?

I think you already know that what you said is bullshit, but I guess I'll bite anyways.

WoW is a RPG at its core, so you got to have some sort of character progression.
    So saying you don't need gear is simply wrong.

I still can't wrap my head around why people care about other peoples gear or are jealous because of it.
    Everyone playing should be alowed to have fun, to fucking PLAY.
    I don't give two shits if someone who can't play more than 2 hours a day or whatever has more a higher ilvl through whatever means, gear doesn't mean that much after all.
    There is character progression and you get it by doing dungeons. If you choose not to play half (actually a lot more than half) of the game and thus not being able to progress further then that is your problem not Blizzards. Especially when it's been like that for 12 freaking years and you chose yourself to buy the game and start playing it.
    There is even titanforged now. There are literally always upgrades available.

What you say is bullshit, but I will bite anyways. Oh... and WoW at it's core is dungeons and raids.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2016-10-24 at 02:16 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Perhaps that's the problem?
    what I meant was I pay bills. Sure I've shared my apartment with my best friend and a couple girlfriends along the way but what I was getting at is I don't live with my family.

I think you already know that what you said is bullshit, but I guess I'll bite anyways.

WoW is a RPG at its core, so you got to have some sort of character progression.
    So saying you don't need gear is simply wrong.

I still can't wrap my head around why people care about other peoples gear or are jealous because of it.
    Everyone playing should be alowed to have fun, to fucking PLAY.
    I don't give two shits if someone who can't play more than 2 hours a day or whatever has more a higher ilvl through whatever means, gear doesn't mean that much after all.
    But if the "casual"(lazy player) doesn't even want to play the main game (dungeons/raids/PvP) why should he be handed gear? And they already have progression for your character that doesn't require gear to drop, it's called artifact power.

OP, to flip it... why does raiding reward better gear? If you can defeat the raid then you don't need any better gear. Seems like creating a larger gap from the skilled and less skilled players. If anything the less skilled players need the better gear in order to not be a drag on guilds/groups.

I don't really care one way or another just keeping the conversation going.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    OP, why do you even care what other people do with thier time? Contrary to popular belief, your opinion isnt important just because the internet gives you the unfortunate ability to share it with others.
    I don't care what people do with their time I'm just asking why they need gear? The post doesn't ask why do casuals like this guy play WoW 40+ hours a week doing mindless content? I simply want to know why they need 850+ to do "Aw Nuts!" 500 times faster

Because some people are just really bad at the game and cannot be arsed to put an effort thus they pretend they are casual aka "Don't have time to play" so that the game can be made easy.

In reality actual casual people were just as good as people who played hardcore. In TBC my guild was raiding 3 days a week and yet we cleared sunwell, something that guilds who raided 7 days could not do.

Moving out of fire, knowing your classes dps rotation and knowing how to flip the actionhouse to get gold does not a person to play allot.
    A person who plays one day a week should have the ability to move outside of fire and avoid damage just as well as a person who play 7 days a week.

How ever there are a vocal minority of people who simply can't be arsed to move out of the fire and thus think the fire should do less damage so that they can get gear as well.
    they claim they are "Casual" and thus they should be just as good and they should be equal to some one who puts allot more effort.

They're the kind of people who think every one at the olympics should get a gold medal just for participating because every one should be special.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Ok correction. They pay and the same right to loot as you do. Better? I think you know what I meant and the fact that you chose to point it out proves more about you then me.
    And how do they not have the right to the same loot? Dungeons and raids are not locked for them because they are casual players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    But if the "casual"(lazy player) doesn't even want to play the main game (dungeons/raids/PvP) why should he be handed gear? And they already have progression for your character that doesn't require gear to drop, it's called artifact power.

I guess the question is, why shouldent he be? why does it matter..

I dont really care either way about anyones ilvl.. but the mentality of "he shouldent get X because Y" i dont really get.. its a game, why does it matter what someone else has?