Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I didn't defend anyone. I just think you're extremely insulting and rude to just about everyone you've deemed that you don't like. Moreover, I didn't whine about anything (No more than you are, anyways).

Seriously though, there's no need to be this insulting and this toxic. It's just a game. You shouldn't be this upset about how people you clearly don't like play it.

What are you realistically hoping to accomplish by acting like you do, other than like.. get some sense of superiority by lobbing weird pedestrian insults at people by calling them "shitters"?

I like how you immediately took one direction, filled itself with a bunch of assumptions, though, and instead of like... trying to make some sort of valid response, it just turned into more insults. Why even bother?

Like, seriously dude. All you're doing is perpetuating the idea that WoW's community is incredibly toxic.
    I don't call them casual because they aren't casual. I call them shitters because they are shitty.
    Do you understand? Casual is a misnomer.
    None of the people here that identify as casual are actually "casual"
    You get a million "I don't have time to raid" claims along with "i play 10 hours a day"

Bad entitled players aren't casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I'd tell you you were shit in person if you were shitty.

I could complain "hey, all I see you do is unproductive whining, maybe you should check your privilege and grow thicker skin and maybe, idk get a life and understand that not everything is meant for everyone"

What do you gain by being the mouthpiece for shitty players that want to do nothing but sit and complain? "hey guys, I do jack shit in the game but because I spend all day doing it, I DEMAND to be at the same level as people who actually do things and progress, without doing any of the work"

Don't do that. I know it's your sacred duty to defend the lazy and entitled, but don't. Be a better person. Enabling shitters isn't doing them any favors. They just get more and more entitled. Give an inch and they expect a mile.
    Glad you been appointed the "shit" calling police. Just what the game has always needed is another I am better than you person. Get over yourself and realize it is just a game. You must be a pleasure to do anything with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Glad you been appointed the "shit" calling police. Just what the game has always needed is another I am better than you person. Get over yourself and realize it is just a game. You must be a pleasure to do anything with.
    I actually am, lol.
    But you wouldn't know that because you sit in dalaran complaining that noone takes you in their groups.

Led a 830~ group through VoTW for kara attunement, and even with the wipes we had, everyone had fun and we ran another instance afterwards.
    I just hate forum whiners. People who don't try and complain are the absolute worst.

I'd tell you you were shit in person if you were shitty.
    Except they are not. It just your own personal impression of them. You labeling them being shitty does not make it so.

What do you gain by being the mouthpiece for shitty players that want to do nothing but sit and complain? "hey guys, I do jack shit in the game but because I spend all day doing it, I DEMAND to be at the same level as people who actually do things and progress, without doing any of the work"

Don't do that. I know it's your sacred duty to defend the lazy and entitled, but don't. Be a better person. Enabling shitters isn't doing them any favors. They just get more and more entitled. Give an inch and they expect a mile.
    Again, that is just your generalization of people who plays the game differently to you. If anyone is being a mouthpiece, it is you.

I don't call them casual because they aren't casual. I call them shitters because they are shitty.
    Do you understand? Casual is a misnomer.
    None of the people here that identify as casual are actually "casual"
    You get a million "I don't have time to raid" claims along with "i play 10 hours a day"

Bad entitled players aren't casuals.
    For as much flak as this poster is getting, at least they can discern the difference between someone who is casual and someone who is just plain bad. The two terms aren't always synonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Why do hardcore players need gear? Just scale ilevel to whatever it's supposed to be upon entering a Mythic raid and reward cosmetics. I mean it's all for the prestige anyway, so super hardcores don't need gear rewards.

Good for you? I picked the right class too and I can get into Mythics with ease and faceroll. About half the classes and specs have issues getting into Mythic dungeons because people think they're awful. And I hate to break this to you, but just the manual group finding cockblock of Mythic keeps participation rates in it waaaaaaaaaay lower than you probably think they are, and it has nothing to do with skill or effort.
    It has everything to do with skill and especially effort. Putting the work in doesn't just mean executing a complex moveset. It means overcoming all types of resistance in the form of the timesink, willingness to socialize, and accepting that failure is part of the game. That all takes effort.

Endgame content has always required a great amount of team organization. The fact that people like you feel entitled to experience that content with a bunch of strangers (and succeed FFS) is why WoW lost so many subs so quickly. People saw folks like you put in a fraction of the effort for 90% of the reward and stopped chasing what was left of the carrot.

I actually am, lol.
    But you wouldn't know that because you sit in dalaran complaining that noone takes you in their groups.

Led a 830~ group through VoTW for kara attunement, and even with the wipes we had, everyone had fun and we ran another instance afterwards.
    I just hate forum whiners. People who don't try and complain are the absolute worst.
    Not me ever I hate trade chat and have lots to do in game between WQ, withered training, mythic dungeons, mythics +( just finished a plus 10 last night), Kara attunment and now mythic Kara, raiding, farming, pet battles, alt leveling etc...
    Your "shit" ometer is off in this case and by how you use it is probably off a lot.

See I have a guild and a lot of in game friends to play with. I don't have time nor care to look for or call strangers "shit" players. In my experience some "shit" players have turned into some of the best players
    I know. As long as someone is willing to listen and learn they can become a pretty good player at this game.
    Last edited by Jewsco; 2016-10-28 at 07:29 PM.

I think blizzard should introduce the down scaling of challenge modes into raiding (at least mythic).

This would make the world first race more interesting, everyone would be on a somewhat playing field (baring trinkets/better itemized gear).

Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    And you dont understand that this is a MULTIPLAYER GAME. My point still stands, IF you want better loot and loot progression then you are going to have to do GROUP content. If the idea of playing with 4 other players terrifies you, you are playing the wrong game.
    Basically this. The more organization required (more people) the better the rewards.

1.) You're killing stronger bosses with more HP, so it makes sense that they drop bigger/better items

2.) You get less loot per person, so the loot you do get should be great.

3.) The amount of effort that goes into coordinating large groups should pay off the most.

4.) It's an MMO.. Come on.

Not me ever I hate trade chat and have lots to do in game between WQ, withered training, mythic dungeons, mythics +( just finished a plus 10 last night), Kara attunment and now mythic Kara, raiding, farming, pet battles, alt leveling etc...
    Your "shit" ometer is off in this case and by how you use it is probably off a lot.

See I have a guild and a lot of in game friends to play with. I don't have time nor care to look for or call strangers "shit" players. In my experience some "shit" players have turned into some of the best players
    I know. As long as someone is willing to listen and learn they can become a pretty good player at this game.
    And most of the people here aren't willing to listen or learn.
    Learn? you mean tab out and google my spec/rotation/build? Too much work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do 12 year olds need black belts (and like 17 different colors to get there)? Think about it, and you will know why casuals get gear.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

And most of the people here aren't willing to listen or learn.
    Learn? you mean tab out and google my spec/rotation/build? Too much work.
    Not calling someone "shit" to begin with as you said you do to their face usually helps in how much someone might listen to you and/or your advice. One gets more flies with honey than vinegar.

Not calling someone "shit" to begin with as you said you do to their face usually helps in how much someone might listen to you and/or your advice. One gets more flies with honey than vinegar.
    You get a lot more insects with shit/decaying flesh. Largest flowers in the world all smell like rotten meat/shit, Corpse flower, rafflesia, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    But unlocking the dungeons requires massively more.
    Not since 7.1
    and so what? Work for things you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Snip

- - - Updated - - -
    Current crafted gear can be upgraded all the way to 855, so a solo player should be able to get at least around there with world quest rewards. Also, again, this might not be the game for you if you expect to get all sorts of gear upgrades with insignificant effort expended. Premade group finder is cross realm, saying its hard to find groups on there just shows that you don't actually expend the effort to get into groups. I managed to get my 830 paladin alt into many normal mythic groups and eventually mythic+ groups by....wait for it.....being persistent and or starting the group myself. Also, mythic 0 dungeons aren't your best place for upgrades if you are actually 860 il. If you are saying that people won't take you in mythic+0 dungeons at 860 il you are lying and or have been declined maybe once or twice and basing your opinion on that. It just doesn't work that way. I've been in plenty of mythic+ groups for +2 even to +6 with people that were 860 il. Also, there are plenty of core raiders in my guild that play the game for about 5 hours outside of raid a week. It's about time efficiency, you can be casual and still progress through challenging content that requires higher il, if you are actually productive with your time.
    Last edited by LolretKJ; 2016-10-28 at 09:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It's a game, playing is supposed to be fun. If I spend an hour doing Suramar wq, i don't think "Ok i accomplished something!" I think, "Well that was easy and boring as shit." I mean, imagine world quests were blocked behind something like pvp, how would you feel? That's the same way I feel about dungeons locked behind world quests.
    How would I feel? I'd just do it. Because that's the price of entry.
    And CoS/Arcway aren't locked behind world quests, they are locked behind suramar quests. Sure you get rep from world quests, but the majority of suramar questing are traditional quests.

Anyway, what next?

10+ Year Old Account
    How would I feel? I'd just do it. Because that's the price of entry.
    And CoS/Arcway aren't locked behind world quests, they are locked behind suramar quests. Sure you get rep from world quests, but the majority of suramar questing are traditional quests.

Anyway, what next?
    100% agree.

Frankly I think all mythic dungeons should have been gated behind getting revered rep with factions tied to them. So for example the maw of souls and halls of valor should have required revered rep with the Valajar to enter the mythic and mythic+ version. Same with the other dungeons, especially since all the dungeons fit the theme of the factions they conflict with. (drogbar, hightotem, neth's lair would logically be required to have revered with hightotem)

On topic:

Casuals DON'T need gear. Many of them are just entitled and think they are owed the gear by blizzard, and if they don't get it, they will whine that the expansion is too RNG or that the legendary system is unfair or any other excuses they can pull out of thin air.

Question: What purpose does gear serve a casual who only does world quests and chooses not to raid? So they can kill those nasty 1m health mobs a fraction of a second faster? This question still hasn't been answered through this whole thread.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2016-10-28 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    100% agree.

Frankly I think all mythic dungeons should have been gated behind getting revered rep with factions tied to them. So for example the maw of souls and halls of valor should have required revered rep with the Valajar to enter the mythic and mythic+ version. Same with the other dungeons, especially since all the dungeons fit the theme of the factions they conflict with. (drogbar, hightotem, neth's lair would logically be required to have revered with hightotem)

On topic:

Casuals DON'T need gear. Many of them are just entitled and think they are owed the gear by blizzard, and if they don't get it, they will whine that the expansion is too RNG or that the legendary system is unfair or any other excuses they can pull out of thin air.

Question: What purpose does gear serve a casual who only does world quests and chooses not to raid? So they can kill those nasty 1m health mobs a fraction of a second faster? This question still hasn't been answered through this whole thread.
    Eh, the rep thing isn't really needed because bc had a different dungeon system with the hubs, though I do agree that gating isn't a bad idea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Galax View Post
    The fact that people like you feel entitled to experience that content with a bunch of strangers (and succeed FFS) is why WoW lost so many subs so quickly. People saw folks like you put in a fraction of the effort for 90% of the reward and stopped chasing what was left of the carrot.
    This explanation is utterly implausible. It requires that players who could not or would not do hard content -- the vast majority of players WoW has ever had -- would quit if the content were tuned closer to what they could do.

A far more reasonable explanation is that Blizzard's insistence on including difficult versions of content destroys the ego value of the game for most players who won't be doing that content. When the game is designed to tell the great majority of its players that they suck and should feel bad, don't be surprised if they don't stick around for long.

But let's look at one implication of your theory there. You are saying that hardcore players will quit if the game tries to cater to anyone else, even if it still has difficult modes. "Serve us and no one else!" is the message you are saying they're sending. Faced with that, and given the small number of actual hardcores, the rational response would be for Blizzard to take these hardcore subs and flush them down the toilet.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You asked and then answered own question lol.

Players who venture into the world alone probably need the gear more, not depending on a group of friends or guildies to help us out.