Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Realistically the players who don't raid or dungeon don't need loot beyond 850. They should be playing single player RPG's since this games focus is raids and dungeons. But Blizzard is a business and if you want to keep getting raids and dungeons then these players need a reason to stay subscribed.
    I just love people that say the focus is Raids and Dungeons and yet say WoD was bad.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If anything, i see some kind of point with OP post.

It's basically the same as "i raid only normal because it takes less time and now i'm capped at XYZ item level, i would like it to be higher/get more rewards from the same content".

I'm not supporting the whole "casual scrub" thing because i think it's simply toxic for the game and community. But i think many players are just entitled for no reason.

If you reach the reward cap of the world quests, this means you have cleared that content. There is other content you can do for better rewards and it's there available to you. Plus Blizzard has put a lot of tools to ease the issues in finding groups to tackle the first levels of istanced contents (LFR, LFD).

But no. You (generic "you") are very comfortable in doing your current content because it fits you very well, and it's easy and fast and most important FARMABLE with no issues. So instead of step up your gameplay, you want more stuff out of content you have already finished. Which sounds pretty much a tantrum to me.

WoW has lots of things to do; obviously everyone looks at the more powerful items because they are what makes you progress. So instead of asking for better rewards from the same old things, actually do new content.

You need to realize you're "done" and finished the content you feel good for you and move on. It's like asking for the Bowser fight after doing X times the first level of super Mario World, because you've beaten it a lot of times and now you can do it very easily. Guess what, you have to play the other levels. You want better rewards, you do the things needed to get them. It's easy.
    You definitely said it better than I did.

Really, everyone needs some form of progression to keep them interested and playing the game.

There should be different gear for PvP, Raiding, and Open world PvE, and each should be the best at what it is made for.

Raiding should require different stats, like a whole lot of hit that would be unnecessary for open world or a different damage type that needs to be protected against etc... Raiding gear requirements only exist as that is the way they design the content, change how they design the content and what it requires and it would work just fine with gear designed to best at raiding, and average at PvP and open world PvE.

Open world PvE gear could have stats that are better for open world pve, and they could do more interesting things with it without having to worry about raid balance. It would be missing stats that you would need to truly excel at raiding.

PvP would obviously be better for PvP.

I really don't think people like that logon only to raid should get an advantage in open world PvE and PvP. People who spend a lot of time in open world pve should be rewarded for their time spent with progression and by gaining an advantage in that play mode.

3 gear sets, 3 different and distinctive looks, all would be just as cool just different. Elite raiders could still look down their noses at the filthy casual players and their filthy casual gear, without actually negatively effecting how each other play.

Not like Blizzard would ever do that, as it require them to make more gear sets, in other words more work and with how lazy Blizzard has gotten anything requiring more work is probably a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I am not a single player. I do content with guild members, I do plenty of automatic matchmaking content, and frequently group up for quests and world bosses on more than one character. I just don't like to be forced into groups on schedule (and often cannot even manage this, working in an advertising agency with sometimes unpredictable work hours), thus I do not run organised group content.
    And in your case you can do mythic and mythic + and pug EN. I was specifically addressing those that do not do any raids, dungeons or PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    I just love people that say the focus is Raids and Dungeons and yet say WoD was bad.
    WoD had great raids and dungeons. It just never had new dungeons or a reason to re-do them.
    Last edited by DrStiglit; 2016-10-24 at 02:41 PM.

I somewhat agree with OP. The kind of player he mentions is why there is no such thing as server communities or a living game world anymore. Nobody needs solo players in an MMO, they don't contribute anything to anyone. They are basically just +1 in Dalaran and that should certainly not promoted by handing out more gear for meaningless and super easy tasks. I'm not speaking about casuals here, but people who actually don't belong into MMOs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    OK, so what, you're special I guess. Believe it or not, there are millions of other people that play this game that may, and I know this is hard for you to believe, have a different opinion or idea then you. Again, this is tough for you, but you thinking they don't deserve anything again is just one opinion in a sea of millions.

The real question is why do you care if they get gear? Lets say that hypothetically everyone could achieve the same gear score regardless of content. Would that piss you off? It shouldn't, perhaps they spent time doing other things instead of raiding or PvP. Isn't the "real" reward of those activities the team work, the achievements, the challenge? Thats what everyone likes to pretend at least.

TLDR stop worrying about other players, they pay and have the same right to the game as you do.
    In Vanilla an hardcore wow player said once something similar to this:
    "the average casual believes they are entitled to anything and everything because they pay a subscription, even if the effort put in is minimal, a hardcore player believes his subscription entitles him to access blizzard`s servers."

And that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    You need to be able to raise your power, progress you character.
    But why do you need to raise your character's power far beyond the level of content that you're doing?

Why do you """need""" that Mythic Emerald Nightmare gear if you're not even going to do normal mode?

That's what OP is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    WoD focused only on raiding, not on dungeons or anything else. That is why it was bad. Something can be the focus of a game without it being the only aspect of the game (like it was in WoD). Your example is awful.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrock08 View Post
    WoD focused only on raiding, not on dungeons or anything else. That is why it was bad. Something can be the focus of a game without it being the only aspect of the game (like it was in WoD). Your example is awful.
    Thank you. Which is why I love that we have mythic + and kara to look forward to. I'm so busy that I'll probably only clear the raids over xmas break so my focus is just on 5mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    I think you already know that what you said is bullshit, but I guess I'll bite anyways.

WoW is a RPG at its core, so you got to have some sort of character progression.
    So saying you don't need gear is simply wrong.
    You need to be able to raise your power, progress you character.

I still can't wrap my head around why people care about other peoples gear or are jealous because of it.
    Everyone playing should be alowed to have fun, to fucking PLAY.
    I don't give two shits if someone who can't play more than 2 hours a day or whatever has more a higher ilvl through whatever means, gear doesn't mean that much after all.
    So much this. I can't even begin to care about what anyone has as far as their ilvl or gear is concerned. As long as I feel like I'm increasing my power, then the rest of the World of Warcraft can keep going about it's day.

The only ones complaining about not being able to get gear as casuals are those that are either too bad to utilise their current gear, or claim to be casuals but actually wish they were more hardcore.

I play casually, have one character at 850. From never setting foot in mythics or normal+ raiding (pure WQ and dungeons, probably less than 5 heroics in total even). There is NOTHING that I currently try to do that my current gear is not perfectly fine for. For the same reason I do not have a legendary either (because I only draw from the lucky-bag once/day with the emissary reward).
    I totally destroy world quests, I cruise through normal dungeon runs, and obliterate old content. Could probably do heroics too, but I would only bother if quests required it, since heroics tend to have a lot more wannabe douchebags than normals. I would rather way overgear a normal and heal a bunch of levelling people in a normal than I want those "pull faster, fast run plz" idiots that are frequent in heroics.

At some point I would probably venture into mythics. Kharazan has a certain pull to it. But if I do, I am fairly sure my gear will be sufficient, and I will most likely not PUG it. Instead I will go with a bunch of friendly people who has no problems taking a little longer or tolerating a minor screwup.

Either way, I do not believe my gear will ever become a limiting factor to my gameplay. Sure, pretty soon I will have maxed out my followers, maxed the reputations, done all the questlines, and farmed anything I wanted from old content. Then the game will have very little left for me and I will cancel my subscription. As long as Blizzard does not offer any longevity in casual gameplay then that is how it will have to be. Because feeling the need to chase after gear that you do not need will never substitute for gameplay. I know Blizzard would like it that way, but few casuals with brains would fall for that trick.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I really don't think people like that logon only to raid should get an advantage in open world PvE and PvP. People who spend a lot of time in open world pve should be rewarded for their time spent with progression and by gaining an advantage in that play mode.

3 gear sets, 3 different and distinctive looks, all would be just as cool just different. Elite raiders could still look down their noses at the filthy casual players and their filthy casual gear, without actually negatively effecting how each other play.

Not like Blizzard would ever do that, as it require them to make more gear sets, in other words more work and with how lazy Blizzard has gotten anything requiring more work is probably a no go.
    Two comments. This is already the case. The class hall set is obtainable without hardcore gaming, and actually offer open-world PvE advantages.

Blizzard had "casual sets" in vanilla and in TBC. Problem was that they got ridiculed and ultimately ended up as collectors' items (at a time without transmog, so never actually used). In vanilla they even made an epic-upgrade questchain for upgrading the dungeon set. Which was one of the most epic quest chains they ever put in the game. Custom bosses, hard quests, farming, and generally just tons of fun.
    With the current-state of multiple tiers within each tier, this sort of rewards and items for casuals to go after are extremely tough to manage. They will get obsolete even for casuals in no-time and thus have no gameplay value.
    Last edited by aziras; 2016-10-24 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons? He goes on to say that they need a "casual in their office telling them every day that he has nothing to do". If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR! If you are really that "casual" why do you need a HARDCORE ILVL!?!? go farm mounts or pets or xmogs or does that require an 880 ilvl? If you don't want to play WoW than don't play WoW don't whine and complain that it isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I work AND go to school full time and I'm 855 ilvl and ready for karazan tomorrow. I'm a casual by my own definition and I never feel entitled to gear.

TLR Want gear? Get good. You don't deserve anything from WQ.
    Found your problem.

Some casual getting a "hardcore item level" from not being in dungeons, who won't be participating in raids has absolutely zero impact on you. And yes, they deserve gear from WQ, but I agree that it shouldn't be higher ilevel than what you get in raids/ Mythic dungeons, if you want "raid" level gear you should be raiding.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but calm the fuck down dude.

The reason "casuals" need gear is the same carrot on a stick reason EVERYONE needs gear... as an incentive to keep playing, to improve, to have something to show that their character is progressing. People who raid NEED the gear in order to tackle the more difficult challenges, so you're right that they have a more practical reason for getting it. People who don't raid still need an incentive to play.

i stopped reading when you mentioned"you got triggered"

I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons? He goes on to say that they need a "casual in their office telling them every day that he has nothing to do". If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR! If you are really that "casual" why do you need a HARDCORE ILVL!?!? go farm mounts or pets or xmogs or does that require an 880 ilvl? If you don't want to play WoW than don't play WoW don't whine and complain that it isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I work AND go to school full time and I'm 855 ilvl and ready for karazan tomorrow. I'm a casual by my own definition and I never feel entitled to gear.

It's the same reason the youth today think they deserve everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Maybe there's a different answer to all this?

Why not make WQs reward gear that scales massively in outdoor content (so that the player feels power doing world content) but is weak in instanced content. Those who eschew instanced content still get their progression, and those who want their effort in instances to feel worthwhile still have their unique gear?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Better question; Why do you give a single fuck as to what other people want to do in this game? "Got triggered", christ, man up.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    why do you even care about people you will most likely never interact with
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Why do you care about what gear other people get?

Progression is what you do in pve and PvP content. Hence your progress.

Gear is a tool yet so many justify it as the means and end. If there is no gear then there is nothing to do. Perhaps if this is your mentality you shouldn't even play because you clearly don't enjoy playing the game and climbing the content tiers which is the purpose behind scaling gear ilvls.

I do feel that people keep cutting up WoW into pieces like Rated PvP, Dungeons, Raids, and Solo Content.. and they want to only do that one slice of content that they enjoy but get ALL of the rewards. By all means do the content you enjoy but if you only play a piece of the game.. you only get a piece of the rewards. I enjoy some casual PvP and I do not do anything rated.. and I don't think that I should get the mounts or gear that the people who worked hard to get it do. Maybe the OP got off track but you do see people un-willing to take on a challenge but want the reward.. which makes the reward less special if it is easy to obtain.