Stonedark Grotto farming

People are quite pissy at me pointing out their somewhat exploitive farming spot.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...9678247?page=1

Curious what mmo-champ thoughts are on this.

The jist is, the murlocs in the area respawn rapidly, and the Ox Statue aggros everything in a wide radius, so the moment they pop, they run to it, where the rogue, brewmaster, mistweaver, and spriest are waiting to AOE them down. There was a massive pile of them there. Behold: http://imgur.com/a/aEWNB

I actually reported that the first night it came out, but it hasn't been fixed, 7.1 might break it. If not, great farming area. Actually get a big chunk of AP too

Saw a group doing this a month ago. Camping my corpse there...

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is it people farm there, exactly? Not that I want to go there to do it as I have better things to do, just curious!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    What is it people farm there, exactly? Not that I want to go there to do it as I have better things to do, just curious!
    My guess would be that they farm cloth, greens to disenchant/sell on the auction house, or even loot bags you occasionally get from shoulder enchantments.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It needs a fix because of how easily this can be automated. But the method itself is shit compared to virtually all gathering professions and probably even old raid farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    People are quite pissy at me pointing out their somewhat exploitive farming spot.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...9678247?page=1

Curious what mmo-champ thoughts are on this.

The jist is, the murlocs in the area respawn rapidly, and the Ox Statue aggros everything in a wide radius, so the moment they pop, they run to it, where the rogue, brewmaster, mistweaver, and spriest are waiting to AOE them down. There was a massive pile of them there. Behold: http://imgur.com/a/aEWNB
    I have already reported that area as a problem. *shrugs*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    It needs a fix because of how easily this can be automated. But the method itself is shit compared to virtually all gathering professions and probably even old raid farming.
    Automation is bannable, Using it to level? i doubt people would get banned. I actually wondered why there was murloc groups in premade i figured it was still for the turtle in WOD Garrisons

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Automation is bannable, Using it to level? i doubt people would get banned. I actually wondered why there was murloc groups in premade i figured it was still for the turtle in WOD Garrisons
    I perfectly know it's bannable, but for botters this is so efficient you can start making profit from the second day (the first day pays game and token) and run it 24/7.

Leveling with this method won't get you banned, it's stupid but not bannable

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Point is that automation is easily hidden and bans avoidable, as well as how you can use simple macro software to farm places.