Leveling after 7.1 - Arms or Fury?

So I don't want to level prot because I leveled DH as a tank 100% of the way and while it was fast and easy, it was boring and some things just died so incredibly slow.

I was going to level arms but seeing as there was a buff to fury would it make fury the better choice?

The problem is that even though I don't want to level prot, my end goal will be prot, and I really want to be careful about my AP spending as I'm playing catch up for a mythic raid spot.

Thanks.
    Top 100.

I think for leveling it truly doesn't matter. I leveled as OP/mortal combo arms and had a blast, a friend leveled as fury and loved it. Just go with which ever you find more fun. These DPS differences really only matter for raids, and even then you don't want to level as FR arms.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd personally go arms for leveling if Prot isn't an option for you. Victory Rush helps you from stopping to eat. Fury is more fun in my opinion but Enraged Regen just isn't enough to be able to power through things without stopping. Wasn't for me at least.

You can invest into the Arms artifact until it jumps from ~1K to ~6K and then stop to work on Prot artifact. Will get you to the first gold trait and doesn't cost much artifact power.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

I would say Fury, with the War Machine talent giving you 30% haste/movement speed after killing an enemy, it makes chain pulling absolutely a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    I would say Fury, with the War Machine talent giving you 30% haste/movement speed after killing an enemy, it makes chain pulling absolutely a blast.
    Isn't there some food you can eat that also gives you movespeed after landing a killing blow?

Personally Fury with Fighter Chow food (1000% health regen out of combat) makes for no downtime at all. On kill "x" amount of this quests I could gather up all the mobs needed almost and AoE them down in seconds and not worry about low health. Plus I feel it's more fun and mobile then Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I'd personally go arms for leveling if Prot isn't an option for you. Victory Rush helps you from stopping to eat. Fury is more fun in my opinion but Enraged Regen just isn't enough to be able to power through things without stopping. Wasn't for me at least.

You can invest into the Arms artifact until it jumps from ~1K to ~6K and then stop to work on Prot artifact. Will get you to the first gold trait and doesn't cost much artifact power.
    You can also practice FR build ups, that's what I did while leveling and I hated it at first. Just gotta find that sweet keybind button for comfort while hitting it consistently and stopping when needed to.

For open-world, non-elite leveling, I found nothing that beats Arms with Second Wind talented. You can pull a ton of mobs, single one down to get a victory rush if you need a heal. If you are low after the fight, Second Wind will have you healed up by the next pack. It's like being able to eat while running. 2nd wind will also heal you from fall damage immediately after you take it since it's not combat damage. You can jump down multiple things if you need to, getting healed up immediately. 2nd wind is also great for elites. Most can be hamstrung and you just HL away and let 2nd wind heal you up to full then you go back in. BT from fury won't keep you healed up on elites the way Arms+2nd wind will. I switch to Prot for true elites, but run Arms+2nd wind for everything else in the open world.

Deleted
    Level with the spec you aim to play at 110...