Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I cant even see the world quests on my map, EU here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I killed the Highmountain one 4 times last night and nothing, unless I wasn't heading south far enough. I even used the flight master's whistle though and glided back from the flight path below the zone just in case and there was nothing.
    It's 35/21 for the Matriarch, and 32/28 for the Hatchling. The latter is even outside the quest area, quite close to the Feltotem Tauren camp there (on a small cliff over the entrance to it). But yes, sadly it's possible that it doesn't spawn for some people even after a few more kills, RNG is RNG.
    Good luck to you when going for it again!

[e] On a sidenote, I've found both my pets after leaving the area with the wistle, or just running mounted out in the ocean. Then reentering it, killing the Matriarch, and searching for the pet. It has been reported on wowhead that some people got it that way. But it MAY just be random anyway (which I think is the case), and we got lucky just after leaving and reentering the area. But, when you've got nothing else to do, it's no harm done: The matriarch takes a few minutes to respawn anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-10-26 at 05:59 PM.

Some thoughts to share:

I completed the Snowfeather wq yesterday once servers were live. Didn't know about the pet at the time and went back a couple hours ago. Killed the matriarch, found the orphan, and had no food (as I didn't know that either). I traveled to Dalaran and acquired what I needed, returned to the area in Highmountain, went straight to the orphan and acquired it (without killing the matriarch again). If there's a timer correlating between these two, it must be fairly lengthy.

The quests may have a random cooldown on them popping up. After I completed the initial, I logged out and went to another character for only about twenty minutes, returned to my main and a second was available. However, I completed that, left to run errands and returned some time later and a third quest has yet to pop up. I also think the subsequent quests after leveling them to 25 are unique across all pets, as I haven't been able to trigger a second quest on my second pet.

If you're like me and you don't put much stock into pet battles, getting these little guys to 25 could be daunting. However, there is a super easy way. Having never bothered with the pet menagerie in my garrison, the quest Unearthed Magic still existed uncompleted. This rewards an item that instantly levels a pet to 25 and requires about five minutes of effort. The quest to level the pet to 25 is account-wide, so it doesn't matter who completes it either, just need a level three garrison for the menagerie quest to show up.

Has anyone looked into how long this "Time Gate" is supposed to be? From what I can tell it appears to be longer than 8 hours. I'm thinking it might be gated by day

Probably resets at 9 like every other daily thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbiie View Post
    Probably resets at 9 like every other daily thing.
    No quest today for me, yet (it's 11AM on the next day here). Completed the first 2 quests for the 2 available pets relatively early yesterday. I have them out on all my chars, quests are account wide.

EDIT: Logged back in on my 110 jsut now, got the quest. It's a simple pet battle, account wide, but my lower level (level 100) couldn't get it. My level 100+s ones were able to see the "bring me to cities plz" quests tho. Hm.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-10-27 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo yo, falcosaur hunters
    i need to check more how this works, but when ur pet is tired, log to an alt, get the quest there and log back to ur main. im only starting quest number 3 now(the lvl to 25 is 30 mins ago)
    so hope this help[s GL
    The Monk Phenomenon

Hunting Lesson: Erudite Manafiend

Anyone able to do this? My bloodgazer hatchling gave this quest, and I've been beating the pets with no credit being given

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Free View Post
    Hunting Lesson: Erudite Manafiend

Anyone able to do this? My bloodgazer hatchling gave this quest, and I've been beating the pets with no credit being given
    the pet it requires spawns ONLY at midday and midnight ST, you are killing the dud one
    Contributor of the WoW Secret Finding Discord and the Mother of Aeonaxx

Deleted
    How do we even get one of the pets? The WQ's for me are only giving gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    How do we even get one of the pets? The WQ's for me are only giving gold.
    You have to kill the matriarch with the WQ up and that spawns an orphan.
    It's the size of a battle pet and is neutral - you need to feed it a particular food to tame it.

It's all on wowhead if you need more info.

completed 4 quests on each of them now.

First quest to level them to 25 each
    Second was to take them to SW and Darnassus
    Third was to kill some battle pets (Striders and Owls)
    Fourth was to complete 5 WQ's with each hatchling out in their specific zone (Val'sharah and Highmountain).

Only have 3 toons at level 110, so this is as far as i could get, i haven't tried any of my level 100's yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    completed 4 quests on each of them now.

First quest to level them to 25 each
    Second was to take them to SW and Darnassus
    Third was to kill some battle pets (Striders and Owls)
    Fourth was to complete 5 WQ's with each hatchling out in their specific zone (Val'sharah and Highmountain).

Only have 3 toons at level 110, so this is as far as i could get, i haven't tried any of my level 100's yet.
    OMG. I wish I knew this before. Just got my 4th quest for Bloodgazer, have some more alts to try after. Great

Deleted
    Got the Snowfeather one, whats the fastest way to get a pet to 25? :P

Deleted
    Did the 2nd quest for Sharptalon and Snowfeather (go to Undercity and Orgrimmar inn) today. Seems like it's on a daily timer, which resets just like the rest at 09:00.

I think the timer is daily from around the time you complete the previous one. They definitely don't automatically reset when the day does.

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    I think the timer is daily from around the time you complete the previous one. They definitely don't automatically reset when the day does.
    They do reset when dailys reset im pretty sure, i did the first part with blood and snowfeather at the night of 7.1 patch, then after 9am i had the next quest show up.

I can guarantee that's not the case, as I did quests one and two yesterday afternoon and didn't get quest three until this afternoon. I can't say whether the period between each one is the same for sure, but I am confident that the daily reset doesn't effect them.

Been able to do 7 of them with my alts, the quests so far are:

1 Level the hatchling to 25.
    2 Take your falcosaur hatchling to one of the major cities of your faction. (Mine was Exodar.)
    3 Defeat 3 specific wild pets using your hatchling. (Erudite Manafiends)
    4 Complete 5 World Quests with the hatchling summoned out for a specific zone.
    5 Start and complete 3 Pet Battle WQs with the hatchling as primary pet and summoned out.
    6 Complete 1 Rare Elite WQ with the hatchling summoned out. (Make sure its a blue world quest with the golden dragon)
    7 Defeat 3 Fledgling Kingfeather using your hatchling. (Took a little time to do since the kingfeathers are a semi rare spawn)

For steps 3,5 and 7, make sure your pet is summoned by your side as well as on your pet battle team. I made sure the falcosaur used a move at least once per battle.

I have found that I have to loot the matriarchs before the orphan spawns.