Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PSA: Squirt for leveling soon

Just letting folks know: the next pet battle week (no longer just a weekend!) is November 1-7.

Squirt will be in the WoD garrison for US/NA realms on Sunday, November 5.

As of last month, her XP had NOT been nerfed, and with the hat and both treats you could still level pets in 3 fights.

So if you've collected a bunch of the new Legion pets like I have, but you haven't taken the time to level them up, have fun.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks so much for the heads up.

I did a lengthy session of power-leveling via this NPC last year (or a long time ago, at least), and it was super effective. I know what I'll be doing next weekend...

10+ Year Old Account
    What's PSA?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    What's PSA?
    Public service announcement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Public service announcement
    Ah

/10
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little lost, what pet should I have to carry the other ones? Is the the exp she gives really that good when compared to most trainers? Thanks for the heads up anyway!

I'm interested in this as well. I did not do any squirt power leveling so if someone has a link to a guide on it or some info they could share that would be great help!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I'm a little lost, what pet should I have to carry the other ones? Is the the exp she gives really that good when compared to most trainers? Thanks for the heads up anyway!
    Squirt is, bar none, the fastest way to level pets in bulk at a relatively good pace. There has been faster ways of doing it, but those were nerfed to the ground ages ago (RIP JSA!).

For the tactics I use, you'll need an S/S Bronze Whelpling (ie. it must have a speed of 325 at level 25) with Tail Sweep and Early Advantage, Widget the Departed with Spectral Strike and Prowl, and the pet you want to level.

Start with Bronze Whelpling

Against Deebs:
    4x Tail Swipe, which will kill Deebs

Against Tyri:
    Early Advantage

Your Bronze Whelpling will be killed by Tyri's Call Darkness, so swap in Widget the Departed:
    1x Spectral Strike will then kill off Tyri

Swap in your carry pet, since Puzzle will always cast Dodge as his first move, so the carry will take no damage at all. Then swap Widget the Departed back in and use Prowl followed by Spectral Strike, which should one-shot Puzzle.

The fight is now over, so walk a few steps backwards to the Stable Master and rez & heal your battle pets and go again.

Edit: The whole fight is also spelled out in details here: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=79179/squ...nts:id=2311049

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The team that I use is slightly different but involves using specific pets. I have an Enchanted Broom (available from the Argent Tournament) and Weebomination (available from the daily pet battle bags in the garrison) plus the carry pet.

Start with the broom and use Sweep. This will swap in to the highest health pet on the opposition team which is Puzzle. Then swap your carry pet in as Puzzle always dodges for his first go. Then swap the Weebomination in. He has a cleave move that damages all members of the opposing team. Keep using this move and he will eventually kill their back row leaving Puzzle behind. When your Weebomination dies use the broom to finish him off.

It may sound time consuming but it works every time.

Deleted
    There's very little difference in the time the two tactics take, and there's more than just the above two that works, so just go with whatever you feel like. Granted, the Weebomination strategy has the big advantage, that most of the time you're just spamming the one button (ie. cleave), so it works better if you're watching something on another monitor or tabbing in and out. IIRC Blizzard said they were going to nerf cleave attacks (although they never did), which was why I moved on to the other tactic instead.

Deleted
    Too bad this won't be happening on EU. :/

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    IIRC Blizzard said they were going to nerf cleave attacks (although they never did), which was why I moved on to the other tactic instead.
    Yes, they did. Cleave does less damage now than it did before, which means you spend more time Cleaving, and if Puzzle crits once there's a chance(definite chance if he crits twice) you won't be able to finish of Tyri and Deebs before Weebomination is dead. They will still be low though(barring a seriously bad RNG streak with Puzzle critting often), so once they come in, your broom should still be able to kill them without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Yes, they did. Cleave does less damage now than it did before, which means you spend more time Cleaving, and if Puzzle crits once there's a chance(definite chance if he crits twice) you won't be able to finish of Tyri and Deebs before Weebomination is dead. They will still be low though(barring a seriously bad RNG streak with Puzzle critting often), so once they come in, your broom should still be able to kill them without any issues.
    Luckily, we now have Boneshard, So what I'm doing is just switching up Weeb for Mini Marrowgar with BONESTORM in all slots and just Bonestorm all day every day. Then you switch back to Broom and because its fast it will just Batter everything to RIP. It's done in 13 rounds like in the old days with Weeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Luckily, we now have Boneshard, So what I'm doing is just switching up Weeb for Mini Marrowgar with BONESTORM in all slots and just Bonestorm all day every day. Then you switch back to Broom and because its fast it will just Batter everything to RIP. It's done in 13 rounds like in the old days with Weeb.
    Oh, nice. I will try that when Squirt comes up, since I just got Boneshard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    In that case I stand corrected. I had the potential nerf down as cleave moves recieving a 2-turn cooldown, not that their damage would be nerfed.

In that case I stand corrected. I had the potential nerf down as cleave moves recieving a 2-turn cooldown, not that their damage would be nerfed.
    Yeah, it was a...25% damage reduction, if memory serves me. If you don't have the Boneshard it's still doable, but it takes a little longer and there's a much greater chance your broom will have to deliver a hit or 2 to one or both of the backline pets. O

Deleted
    Squirt is, bar none, the fastest way to level pets in bulk at a relatively good pace. There has been faster ways of doing it, but those were nerfed to the ground ages ago (RIP JSA!).

For the tactics I use, you'll need an S/S Bronze Whelpling (ie. it must have a speed of 325 at level 25) with Tail Sweep and Early Advantage, Widget the Departed with Spectral Strike and Prowl, and the pet you want to level.

Start with Bronze Whelpling

Against Deebs:
    4x Tail Swipe, which will kill Deebs

Against Tyri:
    Early Advantage

Your Bronze Whelpling will be killed by Tyri's Call Darkness, so swap in Widget the Departed:
    1x Spectral Strike will then kill off Tyri

Swap in your carry pet, since Puzzle will always cast Dodge as his first move, so the carry will take no damage at all. Then swap Widget the Departed back in and use Prowl followed by Spectral Strike, which should one-shot Puzzle.

The fight is now over, so walk a few steps backwards to the Stable Master and rez & heal your battle pets and go again.

Edit: The whole fight is also spelled out in details here: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=79179/squ...nts:id=2311049
    This strategy is amazing. Fight takes 1m10s with 100% success rate (over 3 hours of battling). Thanks

Ok so for the people like me who were not following the pet tamer changes with legion launch: Squirt's schedule has been messed up a little, and EU and NA are now days apart with their rotation (this got me very confused after reading the OP and accidentally meeting with Squirt in my Garrison on the 30th). The new calendar looks like this:

Thanks for Paladance on Warcraftpets to make this. Original post on WP: http://www.warcraftpets.com/communit...hp?f=3&t=16187
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-11-01 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otszx View Post
    Too bad this won't be happening on EU. :/
    Why won't it be happening in Eu?

Edit----

Nevermind I just read the post above this one /doh

This does suck though. Any suggestions for how best to level pets during this week for those of us in the EU who will not have Squirt active during the bonus event?
    Last edited by Hawg; 2016-11-02 at 07:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Why won't it be happening in Eu?

Edit----

Nevermind I just read the post above this one /doh

This does suck though. Any suggestions for how best to level pets during this week for those of us in the EU who will not have Squirt active during the bonus event?
    Yeah it's really unforunate, Squirt is definitely viable for leveling without the event, though.
    I'm going to Vale of Eternal Blossoms and level there during the Event.