Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WindigoEJ View Post
    Welp, I spent 20 minutes trying to join some random groups as an 868 brewmaster for plain mythic attunement quests for Karazhan and got rejected left and right, and accepted right away as windwalker. So, where n=1, the public perception is "still not acceptable."
    Brewmaster is only my alt this xpac and 852 ilvl and had no issue at all getting in a group for attunement. Also cleared N EN in a pug in it the same week I dinged 110. I think this hyperbole that brewmasters don't get invited is just that. People are desperate for tanks and will invite whatever. Have I been declined to pugs? Yes, even on my 879 Vengeance main I have been but let's not act like that is the majority when it's not.

Deleted
    Welp, I spent 20 minutes trying to join some random groups as an 868 brewmaster for plain mythic attunement quests for Karazhan and got rejected left and right, and accepted right away as windwalker. So, where n=1, the public perception is "still not acceptable."
    Can't say I've ever been declined from a regular mythic once I hit 850 as BRM, certainly not now when I'm 866.

Might just EU being more BRM friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    Can't say I've ever been declined from a regular mythic once I hit 850 as BRM, certainly not now when I'm 866.

Might just EU being more BRM friendly.
    Certainly not, I'm on NA servers and have no issue finding groups on my alt brewmaster. Pretty sure it's just hyperbole. Dude probably got declined from one single group and came on the forum to complain about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been doing +2s and +3 last weeks as a Brewmaster (about 850-852, shitty dropluck) in pugs without a problem or complaint. Most of the time - if there were compaints - it was about the DPSers dying or not doing enough focus damage. Healers loved my smooth damage intake. Heard multiple times that I was much easier to heal than comparable other tank classes.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Certainly not, I'm on NA servers and have no issue finding groups on my alt brewmaster. Pretty sure it's just hyperbole. Dude probably got declined from one single group and came on the forum to complain about it.
    Agreed , I've never had issues getting in any (pug) group for M+ (up to +6) and EN HC , also nobody in those groups ever made negative remarks about brewmasters there's a big difference in knowing how to play one and I think there's a lot of people who just don't get the spec as a whole , and it might get frustrating really quick then

Sadly ppl just think in general that brm sucks.. But then again, the average BrM player barely can survive once tanking mythic 4+ or even that, as I said the average not the "Btter player" , good BrM with good good can still push up to 8+ with a good healer, but then again have to put into having a good healer haha.. Anyhow BrM will be the lesser choice along with DH tank for future runs sadly, You will take a 850 warrior, paladin or druid tank over any 860 brm tank sadly if you wanna have a smooth painless run

Quote Originally Posted by Nemjung View Post
    Sadly ppl just think in general that brm sucks.. But then again, the average BrM player barely can survive once tanking mythic 4+ or even that, as I said the average not the "Btter player" , good BrM with good good can still push up to 8+ with a good healer, but then again have to put into having a good healer haha.. Anyhow BrM will be the lesser choice along with DH tank for future runs sadly, You will take a 850 warrior, paladin or druid tank over any 860 brm tank sadly if you wanna have a smooth painless run
    Prot Paladin is literally terrible for high end mythic+ and if not for Blood being laughable when necrotic is up would be the worst option for a mythic+ group period. Vegeance and Brewmaster lap them. I put war pretty much in line with both post nerf. Druids remain the strongest option. A druid can smash his forehead on the kb and do competitive aoe damage while staying alive, spec is literally brain dead and anyone who doesn't get bored to tears playing it deserves to be OP I guess?

I'm glad it's not just me. I HATE healing Prot Paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamancer View Post
    the anti-BrM circlejerk to stop honestly, the spec's not even in that bad a place but stigma will be stigma.
    This.

BrMs are average tanks right now, but they aren't bad. However, public perception is what matters and to them, BrMs are bad. They're always going to take any other tank over you if given the option.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

going to agree with the others, the buffs were minimal and did little to fix or problems, 15% armor is next to nothing, it just makes us take slightly less damage than if we were in WW/MW spec.

the buff to Brew-stache basically just brought the trait up to what it should be as a fairly weak golden dragon, dodge is not hard for us to get being as it is what our Mastery is built around, so the 10% buff sticking around longer will probably not be very noticeable

the areas we really could have used some love is Damage output, since last I checked we are still lower than the other tanks, and something to lower the skill floor on brewmaster a bit, because like others have said, a good brewmaster is as good as pretty much any other tank, however a bad/unskilled tank of any other type is loads better than a bad brewmaster

I thought the changes were really awesome at first, since I had misread them as BrM receiving 15% more armor as a base value, but nope. Its just 15% more armor from gear, which I can agree that its not very significant. I mean it helps for sure, but not by much. Still happy about the trait buff though, some of my fights in dungeons (haven't done raids since 7.1 released) are showing a 50% uptime during encounters, which is nice imo.

A change that I'd still like to see is for Purifying Brew. Would like to have it purify more base damage, or at least change the amount purified based on your current stagger amount. Purifying a Red stagger only to be left still in a Red stagger state feels unrewarding, but then again you could make the claim that if a stagger is that massive you're either A) Doing content that's too difficult, or B) Not playing correctly.

My BrM is 860 at the moment and is my main alt of the expansion. Too fun to not play, and the challenge is worth it if you can play it right. These buffs are a good start in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Newp, tried and either timed out or rejected for those 20 minutes. Swapped to Windwalker, first queue was accepted. No hyperbole, just a really small sample size (hence the n=1 part of my comment).

15+ Year Old Account
    Newp, tried and either timed out or rejected for those 20 minutes. Swapped to Windwalker, first queue was accepted. No hyperbole, just a really small sample size (hence the n=1 part of my comment).
    In my experience NA random groups are usually more toxic and slave-to-meta than EU randoms in multiplayer games. Whenever there's pvp tournaments it's usually the EU teams that experiment with out-of-meta stuff too.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Is this a joke? Ele shamans are insane in M+ right now and I still see groups not inviting them constantly because of the stigma from the beginning of the expansion. Same with Warlocks, Frost DKs etc... Most players don't follow patch notes/sims/logs for classes that are not their own, and it takes a long time for public perception to change outside of ridiculous swings in balance.

The playerbase will think Brewmasters are shit for a very, very long time.

Deleted
    What others said is sadly true: We got quite a bad reputation in the beginning, and usually that sticks around for quite some time. In addition, screwing up still seems to hurt Brewmasters more than other tanks. So other people in the group may still get a worse experience with a BrM tank than with any other tank. That sticks with those players and doesn't really help the situation. Building a group, one usually has not all that many indications of how good or bad a player is before inviting them. So many will still go for the safer option and, if possible, decide to take the other tanks.

i hated the legion changes to brm, but with the updates over the past several weeks i've dusted him off to give it a try.

he gets immediately declined 3-5 times before being accepted. i can't recall my druid or war ever getting a single decline. even when their ilvl was honestly borderline for what I was joining.

the stigma is real

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    i hated the legion changes to brm, but with the updates over the past several weeks i've dusted him off to give it a try.

he gets immediately declined 3-5 times before being accepted. i can't recall my druid or war ever getting a single decline. even when their ilvl was honestly borderline for what I was joining.

the stigma is real
    I agree about the potential stigma issue (which will probably not change until BrM gets buffed to overpoweredness in a future patch or the next expansion arrives), but using declines/accepts in random groups as a metric is stupid. There can be all sorts of reasons to reject people, including but not limited to: they are waiting for a friend, some other tank with 15 ilvl more than you showed up in the list in which case it was about the ilvl, or they wanted more class diversity (maybe they already had 2 or 3 monks out of 5).

Got main vengeance and brm. Ive cleared mythic +2 with questing blues and absorb heirloom trinket (healer was a bit overgeared but still). Done 2 chests with only 1 death which was because i fked up with saves rotation. Now im feeling like A LOT better at tanking than my DH who is +10 traits and almost 20 ilvls higher. The only think i dislike after maining monk in pandaria and draenor is lacking Spinning Crane Kick and rjw(because special delivery is absurdly better) that leads to situations where Im trying to collect all the mobs in different places just like wotlk/BC prot warrior (stun is pretty much mandatory in m+ so no statue). Besides brm traits feels stronger (apart from big ones w/e the are called).
    Last edited by Grobovshik; 2016-10-29 at 08:55 AM.

I pugged and tanked those at 841 (I play mostly WW and my main is a vengeance DH), so I'm sad to see there is something fundamentally wrong with some people. US or EU? I play on EU and while we have our share of idiots, I don't see this huge discrimination against specific classes or specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started a Kara attunement group yesterday as a BrM and got a shit loads of people signing up. Takes seconds when you start a group as a tank... And I'm a WW main.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-10-29 at 01:45 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama