Deleted

[GUARDIAN] : Restoration affinity heals bears for 3% not 1.5%

Is it a bug or intended- just tested it . I have 4 million hp and i get 120k hp heals.

Deleted
    edit: i misread. Sorry

they might have changed it to compensate for the whole - you passively take 4.5% more damage nerf thing, but there have been lots of unlisted changes getting reverted this patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a bug. It's been 1.5% for Guardian since the start of WoD.

I thought they were fixing the tooltip to show it properly for Guardian in 7.1 though. I guess that didn't go through?

Deleted
    Tooltip says 1.5% it actually heals for 3%. THATS MY POINT!

As resto, Ysera's Gift heals you for 3%. I am not sure if it heals you for 1.5% as guardian but if it is the case then do you think they changed it to offset the fact Thick Hide reduces the damage taken by 6% now (Was 10%).

Can confirm, in guardian spec with Resto Affinity Ysera's Gift appears to be ticking for 3% now. Guessing it's a bug given that they literally just changed the tooltip.

Bear HP: 3,875,345
    Bear YG heal: 116,260

Caster HP: 2,381,181
    Caster YG heal: 71,436

Oddly, the tooltip for YG in both the talent window and spellbook look like they might be including the healing bonuses from versatility and mastery. Mine currently says 2.1% per 5s with 20.52% healing done from vers and 16.35% healing received from mastery which seems to match up (1.5% * 1.2052 * 1.1635 = 2.1034%). The heals are still exactly 3%, though.

Edit for completeness: The above numbers were pulled by watching the combat log while letting a mob whack me in the back in Val'sharah. My average equipped gear ilvl was 860 and I had Skysec's Hold but other no set bonuses or buffs (unless you count the outdoor vers buff from an 855 JC neck or armor from an 855 Darkmoon trinket).
    Last edited by Yksisarvinen; 2016-10-27 at 07:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like they told two separate people to fix it, and one fixed the tool-tip while the other fixed the effect.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Guardian Mastery is the Answer! (Increase the heals you receive :v)

Bears have been known for crappy threat. Most attribute that to very weak healing to comapred to other tanks. Since mitigation just took a big hit maybe this was brought back up to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Bears have been known for crappy threat. Most attribute that to very weak healing to comapred to other tanks. Since mitigation just took a big hit maybe this was brought back up to compensate.
    1. Bears have good threat.

2. Their healing is one of the best.

3. Mitigation did not take a big hit. It was barely anything and our mastery changed to balance it. Guardians are still one of the best tanks.,

Quote Originally Posted by Cyaleta View Post
    Guardian Mastery is the Answer! (Increase the heals you receive :v)
    Except it clearly isn't for a couple reasons:
    - Mastery affects Ysera's Gift by increasing our maximum health and the healing received bonus is not applied. Ysera's Gift hasn't double-dipped mastery like that since the 2016-08-26 hotfixes.
    - If mastery and versatility were increasing YG then with my current stats the ticks would heal for ~2.1% of my maximum health, not exactly 3% like they currently are (1.5% * 1.2052 vers * 1.1635 mastery = 2.1034%)
    - It is not possible to stack enough mastery to double your healing received.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post

3. Mitigation did not take a big hit. It was barely anything and our mastery changed to balance it. Guardians are still one of the best tanks.,
    1. Bears have good threat relative to DPS but it's tough to keep aggro when there is another tank present (i.e. Raids)

2. No comment

3. Patch 7.1 reduced the flat damage reduction provided by the Thick Hide passive to 6% (was 10%) which means an increase of about 4.4% in base damage taken, which is fairly big. There were no mastery changes included in 7.1 to balance that. Guardians are still great tanks, though.
    Last edited by Yksisarvinen; 2016-10-28 at 05:54 AM.

Deleted

1. no they dont, i am constantly out dpsing both our dk blood and pal prot tank on pack of mobs without having aggro most of the time

2. Again, no, dk blood and war prot are way higher, all other tank are more or less equals, depending on encounters.

3. It is a big hit, it is like loosing the legendary chest bonus or 8% of versatility (reduce damage wise). Yes bears are still good tanks but there isnt any need to spread falsehood

Many Bears disagree with you, as was pointed out this becomes obvious with other tanks, especially the ones witrh very strong healing since Bears DPS is only a little higher while healing is much lower. For example Bear DPS is 14% higher than DK while DK healing is 107% higher than Bears.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...nt&class=Tanks

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount

It is 4.4% more total damage taken, that is a lot. It's not a typical 4% of some ability nerf. I believe 8% Versatility is 6400 Versatility. I'd say a 6400 Versatility nerf is a lot. Bears will still be good but it's a big nerf.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2016-10-28 at 09:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance everyone seeing this has Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds and it's applying the 50% bonus to the 3% and then adding in the 1.5%?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Well, my tooltip shows 2.1%.
    Last edited by Drib; 2016-10-28 at 05:26 PM.

Without Ekowraith: 117k heals on ~3.9 mil hp = 3%

With Ekowraith: 206k heals on ~4.6 mil hp = 4.5%

Tooltip states 1.5% at any time. Thick hide tooltip doesn't change either, 6%. Balance affinity range updates ability tooltips however when equipping Eko (rounding is a bit weird though, goes from 8 yards base to 13 with balance to 16 with Eko, likely 15.5 y. Don't have the bracers, but I assume the 25% bonus only applies to the base value 8*1.25=10 + 7.5 from Eko/balance for a total of 17.5 y?).

In short, 3% base heal, 4.5% with Eko. Heal is not increased by mastery healing or versatility at all, it only scales with max hp.