Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Raiding with Leashes IV drop rates

Ok, so the patch is up, and I went to farm the new pets. But the drop rate seems awful.
    Atm I am on my 4th char clearing all raids, and while I've gotten 4 on my main (and the first that cleared all the raids) I only got 2 pets accross the 3 other chars. The 2 I got are the same as the ones I got on my main. That's shocking, seeing how many pets are out there.
    More interesting, that I didn't get ANY from ICC.

Pets I currently have:
    Runeforged Servitor
    Winter Rageling
    Ultratonk x2
    Nerubian Swarmer x2
    Not sure if I should keep farming them on my other chars, or just wait for ... I don't know .. fix?

How many you guys have gotten so far with how many chars?

1st clear: none.

2nd clear: none so far. Did ICC and into next 2 raids
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I ran through all three instances last night on my main and only got the Magma Rageling.

Did anyone honestly expect anything else but grindshit low yield RNG? That is the default mode for any new 'content'.
    Last edited by Aluminum; 2016-10-26 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just done the one run through of each so far, seemed fine to me though.

I got all 3 pets from ToGC, 2 from Ulduar (Razorscale and Freya's) and just the one from ICC, forget which.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum View Post
    Did anyone honestly expect anything else but grindshit RNG? That is the default mode for any new 'content'.
    Calm down, seems just like you need to attack without reasoning no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone honestly expect anything else but grindshit low yield RNG? That is the default mode for any new 'content'.
    Or maybe some people are just unlucky. Even if some got nothing, I don't believe you're meant to be able to collect them all in the first week anyways. Also: lower drop rates means they'll fetch a higher price on the AH. And if not, just go and buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I've just done the one run through of each so far, seemed fine to me though.

I got all 3 pets from ToGC, 2 from Ulduar (Razorscale and Freya's) and just the one from ICC, forget which.

- - - Updated - - -

Calm down, seems just like you need to attack without reasoning no matter what.
    He has a valid point. Did anyone expect anything but a grind fest. Just because you were lucky doesn't mean it isn't a grind fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I'd rather it be that way so I have the option to sell them at good prices.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Ulduar: 3 pets / 1 run total
    ICC: 1 pet / 2 runs total
    ToC: 1 pet / 3 runs total
    Last edited by mmoc83c3477b24; 2016-10-27 at 12:40 AM.

I got 1 pet in 2 complete clears.

Deleted
    It's bonus content quit complaining.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I managed to farm all bar yogg pet after doing runs on a bunch of my chars. A friend and i were using yogg lockouts to spam it for the pet, we have over 60 kills so far and no pet.

1 clear, got 3 pets from ICC, 2 from Ulduar, 1 from ToC.

Seems like a good rate for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    He has a valid point. Did anyone expect anything but a grind fest. Just because you were lucky doesn't mean it isn't a grind fest.
    You have a very odd idea of what seems to be a "grind fest". I don't think the possibility of running couple of trivial raids once a week for optional fluffy pixels constitutes a "grind fest", but we seem to have markedly different ideas on the subject.

People like you often seem to forget that this is an mmorpg - the content has to be repeatable, or no-one would stick around. If I got all my raid gear the first week, I'd have no need to raid, and would stop raiding. If I did a few arenas and got Rank 1 Gladiator, I'd stop playing PvP for the season.

If I did one run of ICC and got all the pets, I'd have no need to do these again, and would have no sense of satisfaction whatsoever when they did drop that first time, as it wouldn't exciting or unexpected in the least. Luckily they're completely optional and portray no power whatsoever to your character itself in the first place so.. No issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    You have a very odd idea of what seems to be a "grind fest". I don't think the possibility of running couple of trivial raids once a week for optional fluffy pixels constitutes a "grind fest", but we seem to have markedly different ideas on the subject.

People like you often seem to forget that this is an mmorpg - the content has to be repeatable, or no-one would stick around. If I got all my raid gear the first week, I'd have no need to raid, and would stop raiding. If I did a few arenas and got Rank 1 Gladiator, I'd stop playing PvP for the season.

If I did one run of ICC and got all the pets, I'd have no need to do these again, and would have no sense of satisfaction whatsoever when they did drop that first time, as it wouldn't exciting or unexpected in the least. Luckily they're completely optional and portray no power whatsoever to your character itself in the first place so.. No issue here.

Wow, very constructive thanks!
    In the meantime, I've checked both Undermine Journal and Wowuction, the biggest realms, that is, for Creeping Tentacle, ZERO was seen, more interestingly, zero across ALL US/EU realms (there are about 200 of each other pets across US/EU). So I guess the takeaway is that we can stop farming Yogg for some time, and with that, half Ulduar, if you already got the other pets...
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-10-27 at 08:48 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Wow, very constructive thanks!
    In the meantime, I've checked both Undermine Journal and Wowuction, the biggest realms, that is, for Creeping Tentacle, ZERO was seen, more interestingly, zero across ALL US/EU realms (there are about 200 of each other pets across US/EU). So I guess the takeaway is that we can stop farming Yogg for some time, and with that, half Ulduar, if you already got the other pets...

There was one on stormrage US last night. It's the only one I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    There was one on stormrage US last night. It's the only one I've seen.
    [derp]That would be strange because Undermine Journal keeps history, and this is how the Creeping Tentacle looks like atm
    https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/...battlepet/1962 - translation: Nothing, nada, zero, empty, never heard of.

This is how an item with history should look like:
    https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/...battlepet/1955

In before: US side looks exactly the same. [/derp]

EDIT Nevermind, Undermine Journal derp! (you actually have to find an item on a realm to get actual region data, I've never noticed this (and it's kinda dumb tbh), and I've only checked the biggest 2-3 realms, which apparently never had these pets)
    https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/...battlepet/1962
    There are a whole lot of 9 across EU, 5 across US. Very low. Found one on the 5th biggest realm and that pulled the region data.
    Sorry, nvm then.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-10-27 at 09:51 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    That would be strange because Undermine Journal keeps history, and this is how the Creeping Tentacle looks like atm
    https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/...battlepet/1962 - translation: Nothing, nada, zero, empty, never heard of.

This is how an item with history should look like:
    https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/...battlepet/1955

In before: US side looks exactly the same.
    Idk, a friend of mine said he saw it on SR AH and my friend messaged him and got him to trade it so he can complete the achiv.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...7:15118:a11320

Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    Idk, a friend of mine said he saw it on SR AH and my friend messaged him and got him to trade it so he can complete the achiv.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...7:15118:a11320
    Yeye, Undermine Journal + user derp sorry!!!
    (They are relatively cheap for their rarity, I might just buy it when it pops up on my realm.)
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-10-27 at 09:38 AM.

Droprate seems to be lower than previous Raiding with Leashes editions, just an impression though and it's probably too early to determine if it is, indeed, lower or I'm just being unlucky.