Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    None of them. Not main stream, not alternative. You will never get the full story, no matter how many sources you read or watch. Unless you were there to witness it yourself, you don't really know anything.

I reject all media sources except those that conform to my personal uninformed, unexamined biases. They're all crooks, you know? Except the ones I happen to agree with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    I just wouldnt want to see a Single Man or Women without Children, as President of the USA.

Without kids, Single people without offspring cannot see a future.
    Especially in such a critical role as President of the United States
    I wouldn't trust married people with kids to run a country. They're highly irrational and easily manipulated through appeals to "think of the children".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    Most of us know media is being controlled by biljonairs, governments, etc, all with their own agenda.

What does this say about the credibility of the news we consume? If history is written by the victors, who is to tell the losers weren't the righteous ones?

So is an "IS soldier' a terrorist? Or someone who makes desperate attempts to defend his country from foreign invading forces who seek oil? We all know writing angry letters wont do them any good. Arent the taliban just freedom fighters? What did Kim Jung Il ever do to anyone that we (the west) never did?

Theres a huge grey area our news chooses to ignore. Why is that?

Do you believe "the media"?
    I know this is going to be hard for you to believe, however, once upon a time the media actually told the truth, they fact checked their own stories and presented the facts in an unbiased way to allow the viewers/readers to form their own opinion.

That said anyone and I do mean anyone that accepts what the media says w/o fact checking it themselves probably deserves to be deceived.

But I'll try and answer the questions you asked... credibility of the media (already answered); Righteousness of the victors or the losers is always going to be subjective; Is an IS soldier a terrorist? that depends on your definition of a terrorist; ISIS doesnt have a 'country' to defend. Taliban as freedom fighters you ask, Clearly you aren't paying attention to what they do to the women and female children in their country, I doubt freedom fighters anywhere do that, but thank you for showing your bias. Kim Jung Il?

Based on this and your other previous utterances I am starting to grasp that your perception of reality and truth differs greatly than the one that the rest of us seem to align with.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Just watch your local news with a little bit of skepticism.
    Unless it's a right wing source, in which case accept it uncritically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I believe in well-sourced media that doesn't engage in sensationalism.
    Sadly those days are long long long gone.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

lol at all the people defending trump. The media says stuff about him and its easy to agree if you watch what he says himself. Its not like we blindly agree to it you are just blind to see his ignorance because you are willfully ignorant or stupid. I was going to say white male but there are tons of them that dont buy his bs

Not a chance. I don't even trust the sites that claim to be unbiased. Snopes and Politifact, for instance.
    Last edited by Goondicker; 2016-10-27 at 04:06 AM.

Whenever I find myself watching the news (which is not often), I do take it with a grain of salt.

But it's often local news anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I reject all media sources except those that conform to my personal uninformed, unexamined biases. They're all crooks, you know? Except the ones I happen to agree with.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't trust married people with kids to run a country. They're highly irrational and easily manipulated through appeals to "think of the children".
    I wouldnt like to see a gay person become President of the United states, because they cannot see a future beyond themselves.
    I just think with some attitudes we may see soon (within20years), have a gay President.

Its ok if that Gay President has his/her own kids born to him/her
    Otherwise.. hmm

Im not anti-gay..some of my best mates are gay.. Children keep you grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Based on this and your other previous utterances I am starting to grasp that your perception of reality and truth differs greatly than the one that the rest of us seem to align with.
    Just because society agrees on something doesn't always make it right. In fact, it hardly ever does.

I wouldn't use the word believe, more like consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    I wouldnt like to see a gay person become President of the United states, because they cannot see a future beyond themselves.
    I just think with some attitudes we may see soon (within20years), have a gay President.

Its ok if that Gay President has his/her own kids born to him/her
    Otherwise.. hmm

Im not anti-gay..some of my best mates are gay.. Children keep you grounded.
    Are you one-upping me in the irony game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    Just because society agrees on something doesn't always make it right. In fact, it hardly ever does.
    I still think the /gkick was well deserved.

Hard to give a simple answer. Do I believe they flat out lie? Not as a hard and fast rule, no.

Do I believe they edit / omit material to drive an agenda? Unquestionably.

They are there to sell a storyline and that's it. Most of the shit they write is completely stupid, blm comes to mind, never fact check anything just write the white v black bullshit headline.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    lol at all the people defending trump. The media says stuff about him and its easy to agree if you watch what he says himself. Its not like we blindly agree to it you are just blind to see his ignorance because you are willfully ignorant or stupid. I was going to say white male but there are tons of them that dont buy his bs
    not saying i agree with Trump, but doesn't listening to Trump and the things he says also correspond with what the media uses to quote him? And as thus you become a conduit of said media bias?

Or do you mean to say you've read the entirety of every speech, every quote, every tweet, he's ever done and kbow for certainty was said and all the contexts that go with those words?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes IS Soldiers are Terrorists.

I only believe verified stats. Like, I don't believe articles at ESPN but I believe a box score. However, even a box score can be misleading.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    Do you believe "the media"?
    I believe the media as a whole, it's important to get information from more than one source though. I.E the BBC is fairley unbiased but agencies like FOX and RT both live at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Internet "Alternative news" is pretty rubbish, it's generally just unverified garbage, most people who don't trust the MSM and prefer internet sites do so because they tell them their own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    not saying i agree with Trump, but doesn't listening to Trump and the things he says also correspond with what the media uses to quote him? And as thus you become a conduit of said media bias?

Or do you mean to say you've read the entirety of every speech, every quote, every tweet, he's ever done and kbow for certainty was said and all the contexts that go with those words?
    Ive seen enough of his shit to not look at more. You must be retarded to defend him still though, most of the rest have abandoned ship after they were offended by something targeting them specifically unfortunantly as opposed to being sensitive or have a conscience for the other people in the country