Poll: How did you find the Karazhan dungeon to be?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I thought it was good. Not very hard but it wasn't a push over like every other dungeon. I even turned off bossmods and put my ingame music on. We 2 shot the last boss which was a little disappointing, I heard some horror stories about it taking people like 30+ plus attempts.
    Hi Sephurik

Drops should probably be 865. The trash is harder than some Heroic EN bosses. I loved the original so glad to see it return, but difficulty vs ilvl is another one of those what were they thinking moments.

Did the entire dungeon with guildies last night, took us like 3 hrs and was wipefest since we decided to figure tactics ourselfs instead of looking into journal. I think the loot is indeed undertuned since i can't see kara being enjoyable to ppl who aren't geared enough to ignore that loot completly.

My only problem is that last boss felt kinda undertuned which felt anticlimatic from healer pov. Actually, opera and the watcher were the only bosses we downed on the first try without even readind their abilities.

I don't even remember the first 2 phases and 3 phase was over in less than 30 seconds since we lusted there, most other bosses took us much more times and wipes, like mana devourer was a nightmare and we wiped many times there despite being 855+ and following the tactics, the party damage was insane and i have no idea how are less geared healers gonna handle it given i am 864 healer myself.

Also i don't think you can call us too geared and just zerging him, since the rest of the bosses felt long and challenging, while the last one died so quick we thought there was a hidden 4th phase or something.

On the other hand we did it with all of our dps being ranged players and having some sort of immunity to soak the spheres, i can see last boss being a nightmare for melee heavy group.

Overall it was extremly enjoyable experience, and the last time i was so enthralled by how beautiful the dungeon was were ulduar and icc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    How the hell is that possible? I'm thinking that maybe the bombardment (when he spits green shit everywhere) isn't actually close to lethal and you can cross it when you really need it? That would sort of trivialize the encounter... But we tried to avoid these pools like plague.
    Also in other topic I've seen people reporting that the eyebeam is sometimes too fast (not possible to avoid), sometimes it's 2s cast. We had 0.5s all the time...
    We tried to avoid the bombardment ofcourse, but we might have been hit a couple of times, i cant tell for sure, but if we did get hit it was for sure not a straight one shot. Further more we just spread so the debuff with the bubbles would not cause real issues and the eye beam seemed to be avoidable for us all the time. Only time ppl got hit was when switching platforms and running straight to the boss, that did hurt but didn't kill anyone outright, it did get 2 ppl very low though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't done it yet sadly due to unable to set aside a full day for it

If i could ever get in a goddamn group as a dps i'd let you know.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I've only done it twice which was with a guild group on discord where everyone had 873-881 ilvl with a few legendaries. I would imagine that some fights like shade of aran etc would be pretty hard at 850 or whatever is the recommended ilvl.

It felt challenging enough. Cleared it in 2 hours with 2 guildies and 2 pugs, we had maybe 5 wipes total, spread out on trash and two or three of the bosses. I don't think it needs to be nerfed or buffed, if you wipe on trash you can always pull less, use stuns/interrupts better or anything else that might make it easier. With the bosses, some of them had "fail this and die"-mechanics, but such was the game back in TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Havn't done cuz it's gated behind Mythic and i refuse to play by the retarded 870+ Ilvl rules of Premade.

If anything i will not renew my Sub as i'm out of content already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Havn't done cuz it's gated behind Mythic and i refuse to play by the retarded 870+ Ilvl rules of Premade.

If only you could make your own group with your own requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the half I did, the tuning seems fine. Most bosses took ~3 attempts or so for my group which seems super reasonable for our gear level. Most wipes were figuring-out-strategy/mechanics and we were fine once we got a viable strategy. I don't know what everyone else's ilvl was besides mine, but I'd guess we were around 860, with some pieces being upgrades and some pieces being shards.

Of course the section we did took a million years because OH MY GOD THAT RUN BACK IS THE WORST EVER.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Everything seemed okay. My group didn't die to egregiously large numbers, it was more about obeying mechanics of the encounters - for the most part.

My group was having a blast until we we're working on Viz'aduum the Watcher. I don't think there is an encounter in this game that's as much of a cluster F@%$ as this one. I feel there is far too much going on. It's extremely tough to do this encounter flawlessly. As a healer, if your instants are on CD and you're being forced to move due to mechanics and can't hard cast, people start dropping. You're constantly making the decision to either follow mechanics, or risk letting people die. Holy paladins aren't the most movement friendly though, and we we're lacking Heroism/Bloodlust. However, that said, encounters like these in the game are a good thing. Players need to feel challenged, otherwise what's the point.

Maybe Viz'aduum could use some polish? And I think they should increase the ilvl of drops by 5 at least on the second section of the dungeon. Heroic EN gives higher ilvl than this and it's far easier. But that's likely because EN has been out for so long and Kara is 'new'. The only reason I might go back is for the nightbane mount. There isn't much else I want from this dungeon. At this point in time, the effort is not worth the reward. Also, I agree the corpse runs are atrocious.
    Last edited by PocketSaturos; 2016-10-29 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Spelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Just because you are doing it wrong without large scale failure does not mean you are doing it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    If only you could make your own group with your own requirements.
    If only Normal Mythic had a LFG Queue and not retarded Premade which takes half a day to get a group going.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont belive them even for a second - those who say it are mythic raiders in 870 + gear - current tuning of kara is around mythic + 9 and +10 with very unforgiving bosses.

as always blizzard tuning completly fucked up

dont get me wrong its very fun just either overtuned or loot is undertuned by at least 10 itlvls - bosses are tuned higher then HC EN and drop loot below it .
    You compare your first Karazhan run with your 10th EN HC one? I'm sure your first EN clear took a bit longer than 2-4 hours (and you likely knew the bosses from normal mode already). Now you know what to do in Karazhan as well and it'll be much easier next time. Kara feels similar to Arcway, it requires mostly mechanics and some coordination rather than raw numbers.

I did Karazhan with a bunch of more casual friends (around 855 and slightly above 200k dps in the 8 boss kills who certainly wouldn't do well in mythic +7, trust me) earlier and while of course we wiped a few times until we figured out the bosses (and which walls Barrage shoots through), it didn't feel that hard gear wise. Our hunter is very happy with his new blue-balls trinket and the priest certainly enjoys the lovely mana-reg one, they got some nice upgrades!

LittleWigs doesn't support Karazhan yet, but the dungeon journal and 1-2 trys were sufficient to understand what to do, it's rather refreshing to use your brain once in a while. The bosses are obviously tougher than regular mythic dungeon ones, but still it's mostly just 2-4 abilities and the fight lasts ~2 minutes, unlike 6-8 minutes as in raids. You can avoid most damage by playing smart, like using the traps to only have to deal with one Moroes add at a time, or kicking all the frost tomb thingys.

It really is meant to be a "raid dungeon" that takes a few hours, it's okay to wipe, you don't need to oneshot everything. It was the most fun I've had so far in Legion, blizz did an amazing job (the visuals!!), want more longer duration yet small party content!

Deleted
    If only Normal Mythic had a LFG Queue and not retarded Premade which takes half a day to get a group going.
    It's retarded because you have to put in a tiny bit more effort to get a group? A Group you can tailor to what you want setup/ilvl wise? As a DPS it's never taken me more than like 30 mins to form a group. Actually takes me longer to join a already started group then make my own as it seems everyone hates Hunters.

If you need LFG to do mythics then you clearly don't need to be doing mythics. If you were any kind of smart you'd of done the attunement quests right away when everyone and their dog was doing the quests, groups everywhere. But clearly it's the lack of LFG that's retarded...

7+ Year Old Account
    A dps queue in LFD is longer than applying for groups in LFG tool...

Blizzard is trying to move away form the LFD so...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you do the fights as they are supposed to be done, the place is really quite easy... Don't cry for nerfs because you wiped a couple times learning bosses, that's just pathetic and shows ridiculous self-entitlement. It was said this place was supposed to basically be a 5 man raid, both in difficulty and time it takes. Some of those items are really quite good too, like rings that have the stats of any other ring but also have extra affects. Same goes for some trinkets in there. Very good and would love to get an 870+ titanforged (and the last boss and nightbane drop 875 anyway).

On a side note, after curator this dungeon is fucking absolutely stunning aesthetically. Very very well done and looks very cool. There is the perfect amount of nostalgia and really cool new stuff.

P.S. people claiming this is as hard as Mythic 9 or 10.... Yea just no, go actually do those, they are much harder than this. Nightbane, however, that shit is probably mythic 11 or so difficulty, rightfully so for challenge boss for an amazing mount
    Last edited by Azarak; 2016-10-29 at 10:08 AM.

So your out of content without actually running the content, thats a new one for me!

Deleted
    Went in a pug just now and we all needed various different bosses (loot locked to some) but the whole place reset so we zerged through it with only a single wipe on Mana Devourer. We were average 865 so out geared the place but I can imagine it being a challenge for 850 ish.

First and last boss from my experience so far seem to cause the least trouble. 3 different groups I've joined and viz'aduum just keels over on the first try, 3 kills 0 wipes for the endboss for me so far considering it can look the most chaotic at times. Slightly disappointed in that but the dungeon on a whole is great.

Maiden & Moroes caused me most problems in a group of 855 earlier this week, we simply zerged all 4 adds together without lust on Moroes in the 865 group, they drop quickly its never an issue.
    Last edited by mmocae040fe99f; 2016-10-29 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    A dps queue in LFD is longer than applying for groups in LFG tool...

Blizzard is trying to move away form the LFD so...
    and it would be ok if they would be open about it - just say "we dont mind everyone besides mythic raiders leaving game so pls do leave if you are casual " instead trying stupid tactics to tune content higher and higher in hope people will raise to chalenge - hint - they wont and never will.

with current tuning of karazhan it will end with huuuuge flop and disspointment of people who stick to game instead unsubing.

its pretty much official at this point - legion is yet another wod with content only for mythic raiders rest should just gtfo in their eyes and its ok there are other games to play out there.