Balance Druid Help

Hello I am just starting as a druid and I chose the way of the BoomChicken I have been busting my ass to gear up to a respectable ilvl, which currently sits at 860.

My Talents currently are: Starlord, Renewal, Guardian Affinity, Mighty Bash, Incarnation: Chosen of Elune, Blessing of the ancients, and fury of Elune.

Having just switched the last two talents from shooting stars and nature's balance.

This is my heroic Xavius log: [www(dot)warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/MNCw8PZBJG69aHrj/#fight=2&source=18&type=damage-done-]

I am hoping some of the veteran balance druids can look through this and give me some pointers.

THank you in advance.

-Huggs

Deleted
    Allrite lets start with talents, everything's fine except the last row where you want nature's balance instead of fury of elune, fury is suboptimal for every single encounter in EN as of now.

You have horrible uptime on Sunfire/Moonfire (92/84 %). These should be at 99 % on encounters where you have no downtime. You have 2 huge gaps where no moonfire is on Xavius between 1.37-1.54 and 5.00-5.46. Sunfire is better but still 2 huge gaps of 17 & 12 seconds of downtime on Xavius.

(https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4812&target=32)

You casted starfall 3 times, for what reason? It's pointless to use in this encounter quite frankly, better spent on starsurges (3 starfall equals 4.5 starsurges).

You casted 48 starsurges but only 29 lunar strikes, this is a major issue. You allways want to cast your empowered lunar strikes/solar. Period.

You used an old war potion for what reason? It doesn't do anything for boomkins, you want to use Deadly grace both as prepot & midfight pot for most scenarious, prelonged power is decent however and cheaper if you don't care about minmaxing that much.

You wasted around 85-90 astral power, never overcap your astral power unless for a very specific purpose (Il'gynoth pooling when nothing is happening or similar scenarios).

You had a good amount of moon casts so you're not overcapping charges on those ones atleast and your CD usage seems fine.

Thank you for your reply. I will work on the things you suggested. I do have a question on how to keep sustained damage during movement heavy fights my dps seems to tank on those.

Deleted
    Which fights are you having problems on in particular?

Deleted
    If its predictable movement you wanna try to minimize it obviously but try to pool AP for two starsurges to cast on the go - Other than that, try to do the movement quick with your tools(dash, displacer beast etc.) and otherwise moonfire spam.

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Allrite lets start with talents, everything's fine except the last row where you want nature's balance instead of fury of elune, fury is suboptimal for every single encounter in EN as of now.

You have horrible uptime on Sunfire/Moonfire (92/84 %). These should be at 99 % on encounters where you have no downtime. You have 2 huge gaps where no moonfire is on Xavius between 1.37-1.54 and 5.00-5.46. Sunfire is better but still 2 huge gaps of 17 & 12 seconds of downtime on Xavius.

(https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4812&target=32)

You casted starfall 3 times, for what reason? It's pointless to use in this encounter quite frankly, better spent on starsurges (3 starfall equals 4.5 starsurges).

You casted 48 starsurges but only 29 lunar strikes, this is a major issue. You allways want to cast your empowered lunar strikes/solar. Period.

You used an old war potion for what reason? It doesn't do anything for boomkins, you want to use Deadly grace both as prepot & midfight pot for most scenarious, prelonged power is decent however and cheaper if you don't care about minmaxing that much.

You wasted around 85-90 astral power, never overcap your astral power unless for a very specific purpose (Il'gynoth pooling when nothing is happening or similar scenarios).

You had a good amount of moon casts so you're not overcapping charges on those ones atleast and your CD usage seems fine.
    Props for helping out. I actually glanced over the logs and there was so much shit wrong I just didn't bother so you are a better man than me in that regard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Props for helping out. I actually glanced over the logs and there was so much shit wrong I just didn't bother so you are a better man than me in that regard.
    Hehe thanks, It helps me get more familiar with warcraftlogs to be fair. Havn't really bothered to learn my way around it until now since I havn't played a lot since the transition from worldoflogs.