Thread: Drape of Shame

10+ Year Old Account

Drape of Shame

Hi everyone, I saw some holy paladins freaking out about getting this cloak and was wondering what the value may be to resto druids. I am not a good number cruncher or anything so was wondering what everyone thought about the cloak and if anyone had any numbers on it at all. I have looked every where I could think of but can not find anything on it at all. The cloak itself is of course Int, Stam, Crit, Vers, and Increases the healing of your critical healing effects by 10%. Let me know what you guys think, ty.

Link http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=142170/d...487#dropped-by
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?

Deleted
    BUMP (10 chars)

This dropped me for... as feral spec :/ it might be alright for resto, but a holy pal would jizz hard

Quote Originally Posted by Miff View Post
    This dropped me for... as feral spec :/ it might be alright for resto, but a holy pal would jizz hard
    Yes, we really, really would.
    So ehm, how about you come over and give me the drape? /lure

I have it. It's pretty nice for the basic crits but remember Regrowth had increased critical chance and Living Seed is based on the Regrowth. So the cloak does some work.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

it's probably pretty good, though not as good as for holy paladins. It should increase raw total healing done by 10% of your crit chance, so 2-3% depending on how you've itemized (and assuming it affects all spells that crit.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    it's probably pretty good, though not as good as for holy paladins. It should increase raw total healing done by 10% of your crit chance, so 2-3% depending on how you've itemized (and assuming it affects all spells that crit.)
    Well this is mostly wrong, the 2-3% isn't all that wrong though, but all it does is bump your crit modifier from 2 -> 2.1, which is pretty okay, but its not gamebreaking, helps a lot with both living seed and high regrowth crit chance.

It's an epic cloak with a good equip ability. What is the debate here, 2-3% is Legendary levels of boost. Probably too good really.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    It's an epic cloak with a good equip ability. What is the debate here, 2-3% is Legendary levels of boost. Probably too good really.
    its important that people know exactly what it does, saying that it boosts healing by upto 10% is very ignorant, considering its maximal boost is 5%.
    Last edited by theburned; 2016-10-28 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    its important that people know exactly what it does, saying that it boosts hpala healing by 10% is very ignorant, considering its maximal boost is 5%.
    I'm pretty sure no one claimed it was a 10% boost overall.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    I'm pretty sure no one claimed it was a 10% boost overall.
    I guess you are right, but he said 10% of your crit %, but as its only 2.1 instead of 2.2 its only a 5% increase.

Is that from in-game testing @theburned? From the wording one would expect the healing of critical heals to be increased by 10%, which would be a 2.2 multiplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchys View Post
    Is that from in-game testing @theburned? From the wording one would expect the healing of critical heals to be increased by 10%, which would be a 2.2 multiplier.
    2.1 is the actual value yes, I do agree wording hints at 2.2, but you know blizzard and words, rarely ever makes sense right.

15+ Year Old Account
    I heard this cloak is for healing on yourself only. Also I got it from my Karazhan bag as Marksmanship Hunter, so it isn't Healer specific. That also means that the effect doesn't reduce the stats on the item therefore it is equal to similar items of same ilvl.

I read it only applies to self heals, don't have it to test.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I read it only applies to self heals, don't have it to test.
    If so then that's definitely a bug.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    If so then that's definitely a bug.
    Not so sure its a bug. Lots of classes have some form of self heal. This may be intended to buff those.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Not so sure its a bug. Lots of classes have some form of self heal. This may be intended to buff those.
    +10% on critical self heals is pitiful, though.

Anyway, that should be easy enough to test for someone who has it. Not much use speculating whether it's intentional when it's not clear if it works that way at all.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    +10% on critical self heals is pitiful, though.

Anyway, that should be easy enough to test for someone who has it. Not much use speculating whether it's intentional when it's not clear if it works that way at all.
    Just tested. It works on all heals.