Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Fuck oil and natural gas, Burn the pipes to the ground.
    Natural gas is pretty clean, I can't imagine how any rational person is against natural gas

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Natural gas is pretty clean, I can't imagine how any rational person is against natural gas
    Still a combustion reaction that is relatively unnecessary.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Why is combustion bad?

How is energy unnecessary?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    This story hasn't really been getting attention.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...w-camp-n674066

Long story short, these has been an pretty big ongoing protest over the Dakota Access Pipeline. Protesters have been destroyin bridges, lighting stuff on fire, doing protester things. 100s of people have been arrested, even the presidential hopeful Jill Stein could be facing charges related to the protests.
    Most of the protesters have been very peaceful. The "destroyin bridges, lighting stuff on fire" was the same single incident (to my knowledge the bridge was not impacted...the fire was near the bridge).

To put some balance on this, the police have been involved in several incidents of overreacting themselves with questionable activity on their handling of the situation as well.

Interestingly, the Army Corps of Engineers used Nationwide 12 permits (NWP) which is used to bypass more rigorous environmental and public review for major pipeline infrastructure projects by treating it as a smaller project. This is highly questionable and deserves investigation. BTW, the reason they started to use this unethical method is because of a Presidential Memo by Obama. (Queue cognitive dissonance by conservatives on this one)

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Why is combustion bad?

How is energy unnecessary?
    Energy isn't, but there are much better ways to get it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, I would tell the native american people to use their second amendment rights, and force the oil company from the land. That, or more stars going down there to get arrested. THEN it will get national news. As it is, the corporate media will not cover anything about it, as they are being paid not too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    At this point, I would tell the native american people to use their second amendment rights, and force the oil company from the land. That, or more stars going down there to get arrested. THEN it will get national news. As it is, the corporate media will not cover anything about it, as they are being paid not too.
    Exactly, start getting violent, or get more star power. Shyligh Woolsey it what ever, is hot, but not that big.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

No thanks I enjoy my power, internet and Car.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...sts-filmmakers

Seems as soon as there is big money involved Free Speech stops being a thing in the USA and the cops come out being their usual selves.

They were trespassing on private property THUS BREAKING THE LAW and when told to leave they didn't. The First Amendment doesn't protect one from violations of trespass and such.

It's also interesting for various indigenous groups who espouse that nothing is inanimate, all has spirit, all is connected, they violate all of that with there actions beyond just the main camp and peaceful protest on lands they have rights to be on legally.

- - - Updated - - -

Until you can find a cost effective method to provide power for everyone in cities from the alternative energy realm we need to in parallel develop cleaner sources, like Natural Gas, for the interim.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    They were trespassing on private property THUS BREAKING THE LAW and when told to leave they didn't. The First Amendment doesn't protect one from violations of trespass and such.

It's also interesting for various indigenous groups who espouse that nothing is inanimate, all has spirit, all is connected, they violate all of that with there actions beyond just the main camp and peaceful protest on lands they have rights to be on legally.

- - - Updated - - -

Until you can find a cost effective method to provide power for everyone in cities from the alternative energy realm we need to in parallel develop cleaner sources, like Natural Gas, for the interim.
    It's called solar.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

It's called solar.

Except solar isn't good enough yet to power more than just single houses.

You couldn't fully power a 5 story, 40 unit apartment building on solar alone because you wouldn't have the necessary footprint on the roof to put all the needed panels.

So cities like NYC can't go solar only because of how vertical it is combined with the number of cloudy days.
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

Except solar isn't good enough yet to power more than just single houses.

You couldn't fully power a 5 story, 40 unit apartment building on solar alone because you wouldn't have the necessary footprint on the roof to put all the needed panels.

So cities like NYC can't go solar only because of how vertical it is combined with the number of cloudy days.
    Your assuming that solar has to be in the roof it's powering. Which is starting from a false assumption.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

If only Obama cared

Thousands of wild bison just showed up and ended the pipeline
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    This story hasn't really been getting attention.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...w-camp-n674066

Long story short, these has been an pretty big ongoing protest over the Dakota Access Pipeline. Protesters have been destroyin bridges, lighting stuff on fire, doing protester things. 100s of people have been arrested, even the presidential hopeful Jill Stein could be facing charges related to the protests.
    I don't get why adding a 1000th pipeline is an issue. They are not known for leaking, or causing harm to the environment. It's like protesting oil tankers, even though there has only every been like one major spill.

- - - Updated - - -

It's called solar.
    Oil will always win as long as all you have to do it dig a hole and pump it out. Solar requires manufacturing and isn't even remotely competitive on cost. Someday, when technology catches up, or we run out of nearly free energy (oil), I'm sure we will look in to solar and the other non-competitive energy sources. Fighting against it in the interim is futile, and irresponsible to poor people who struggle with utility costs.

Buy everything, do whatever you want without anyone being able to report on it.

Sounds great for criminals.

If by, "sounds great for criminals", you mean just claim the first amendment defense being the reason you broke the law you might guarantee yourself the max sentence.

I clearly said a reporter cannot trespass and claim its okay because of the first amendment. It doesn't allow reporters to break laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Your assuming that solar has to be in the roof it's powering. Which is starting from a false assumption.

No, you clearly don't understand how big of a footprint is required with the current manufacturing technology for solar to power a city. It doesn't matter where it's put, but clearly there is not enough room anywhere near NYC to power NYC that wouldn't first be built for somewhere closer to said large expansive open land.

Yet, blowing up pipelines and other fossil fuel using devices wouldn't be unnecessary?

How authoritarian of you comrade.

I guess you don't like having medicine, brushing your teeth, having any kind of electronics or plastics, having tires for your car, having a car in general, clothes, a refrigerator, shoes, washing your hair, eating, taking a tylenol, having surgery without being awake for it...and so on and so forth.

Just like when the native bands out in Nova Scotia were protesting O&G exploration a few years back, not even building anything, but surveying the land. They blocked highways, burned cars, cop cars too. "We're protecting the environment!" By incinerating shit and dumping a load of chemicals and toxins into the ground and air Classic protester move.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

If by, "sounds great for criminals", you mean just claim the first amendment defense being the reason you broke the law you might guarantee yourself the max sentence.

I clearly said a reporter cannot trespass and claim its okay because of the first amendment. It doesn't allow reporters to break laws.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you clearly don't understand how big of a footprint is required with the current manufacturing technology for solar to power a city. It doesn't matter where it's put, but clearly there is not enough room anywhere near NYC to power NYC that wouldn't first be built for somewhere closer to said large expansive open land.
    Not to mention the additional infrastructure that would have to be built to accommodate such upgrades.

How or where are people supposed to protest when they're not allowed anywhere near the perpetrators / wrong-doers?
    At the corporate offices? Local government buildings? idk, the usual places people go to protest stuff.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.