Deleted

Question Animal Instincts - Haste reduces effectiveness?

Hello,

Last night I was playing around with the new Survival talent called Animal Instincts:

But ingame I noticed the tooltip changed the more Haste I got.
    At this point the skill only reduces the cooldown by 2.6 instead of the advertised 3.0 in the patch notes.

When I unequip all my items with haste it goes back to the 3.0.

Is this intended?

It seems dumb that Haste reduces the effectiveness of a talent we pick.
    Does anyone else have this, or know anything more about it? Doesn't seem intended but if it is, it's really odd in my opinion.

EDIT:

Ingame screenshot:
    Last edited by mmocff63c623ab; 2016-10-28 at 08:45 AM. Reason: added ingame image

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayeh View Post
    Hello,

Last night I was playing around with the new Survival talent called Animal Instincts:

But ingame I noticed the tooltip changed the more Haste I got.
    At this point the skill only reduces the cooldown by 2.6 instead of the advertised 3.0 in the patch notes.

When I unequip all my items with haste it goes back to the 3.0.

Is this intended?

It seems dumb that Haste reduces the effectiveness of a talent we pick.
    Does anyone else have this, or know anything more about it? Doesn't seem intended but if it is, it's really odd in my opinion.

EDIT:

Ingame screenshot:
    Even after the change it's not a very strong talent. Sure you may get your stacks of mongoose bite a bit faster, but it's not worth sacrificing Throwing Axes for that. Currently one charge of Throwing Axes does over 200k damage if none of them crit, more if they do. I think it got buffed, so it's still the best choice in this tier. It's ranged too, helping a bit with uptime.

But on to your question, yes, tested it and haste lowers the effectiveness of Animal Instincts. The talent is garbage, just like Way of the Moknathal.

Deleted
    I'm not sure yet which one is better and wil wait for a sim but it's a fun talent imo.

Don't forget that you are doing Flanking Strike instead of Throwing Axes if you have the talent and Flanking Strike can crit for over 400k just like Throwing Axes, so I'm not sure which one is better (and with the talent helps resetting Eagle and giving faster Mongoose charges).

I like playing with Animal Instincts more than Throwing Axes, but everyone has their own play style

(I was thinking to stack haste and crit so you can do more Flanking Strikes (pet can do more attacks as well because of the extra haste and focus regeneration), have lower cooldowns and get more Mongoose Bites (esp since haste also helps pets now because the mastery got fixed) of because of the lowered GCD with haste, but if haste works negative on this talent that idea isn't going to work :'()
    Last edited by mmocff63c623ab; 2016-10-28 at 09:52 AM. Reason: added some info and fixed some typos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayeh View Post
    I'm not sure yet which one is better and wil wait for a sim but it's a fun talent imo.

Don't forget that you are doing Flanking Strike instead of Throwing Axes if you have the talent and Flanking Strike can crit for over 400k just like Throwing Axes, so I'm not sure which one is better (and with the talent helps resetting Eagle and giving faster Mongoose charges).

I like playing with Animal Instincts more than Throwing Axes, but everyone has their own play style

(I was thinking to stack haste and crit so you can do more Flanking Strikes (pet can do more attacks as well because of the extra haste and focus regeneration), have lower cooldowns and get more Mongoose Bites (esp since haste also helps pets now because the mastery got fixed) of because of the lowered GCD with haste, but if haste works negative on this talent that idea isn't going to work :'()
    If you think about it, what does it really give you? Right now with the buffed mastery you arguably get enough procs of Mongoose Bite. Shaving off time from Aspect of the Eagle is actually nice and the talent would've been good if it did only that.

If we split our rotational priorities into 3 parts - Mongoose Fury Window, Exp. Trap/Lacerate/Dragonsfire on cooldown, filler. Flanking Strike is actually filler for you and it can't be spammed, can't be used at range, it requires your pet to be on target which is often troublesome. So really it's not even a very reliable filler. Throwing Axes have really nice damage and can be used in any situation.

By the way some people are claiming switching to Ferocity pet is actually a dps boost at the moment, due to auto attack mongoose procs. Planning to test that tonight.

Deleted
    I tried it and had a lot more dmg coming from MB and 1 less button to click as survival is always good.

Deleted
    Just wanted to make another quick reply and thank you for the information, it's a lot to think about hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    By the way some people are claiming switching to Ferocity pet is actually a dps boost at the moment, due to auto attack mongoose procs. Planning to test that tonight.
    Ferocity also gives your pet 10% extra crit chance and damage done so it also increases the damage done by Flanking Strike which also helps a little bit (and haste for potential Mongoose procs like you mentioned).

Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    If you think about it, what does it really give you? Right now with the buffed mastery you arguably get enough procs of Mongoose Bite.
    Throwing Axes: Ranged ability with on par damage to Flanking Strike that can be used from 30 yards away (2 charges with ~12-13 sec CD?).

Flanking Strike: On par damage with Throwing Axes and gives double the chance for a Mongoose Bite charge + with the talent it reduces cooldown of a random ability (mostly 3 since it's not likely for Harpoon to be always on CD) it also removes 1 button (Throwing Axes) so it gives more GCD to spam more mongoose bite during the window. (with only 5-6 sec CD instead of 12-13)

Maybe if you have a TON of mastery it might be less useful because you always get Mongoose charges but I only have 10% so I don't "swim" in mongoose charges

(not trying to say you are wrong or anything, I just want to see it from both sides and maybe see if some other choices are actually better or something we might have missed).
    Last edited by mmocff63c623ab; 2016-10-28 at 10:33 AM. Reason: formatting