Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The herb boom is over , what now?

starlight at 85g and fjarn at 27g , im not sure if its even worth to farm those now , i think i need to pick a real profession now but i dont know what , how do we make a lot of money now? any ideas?

Deleted
    I think everyone should drop herb now. More herbs for me

Flasks and Potions (and therefor herbs) will remain to be the only profession materials with constant demand. Gems and Enchants as well, but to a much lower degree.

Prices are likely to plummet now as people send their collected amount of Blood on the vendor, but eventually the bloods may run out and prices stabilize again. Its too early to tell about the final prices of herbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    starlight at 85g and fjarn at 27g , im not sure if its even worth to farm those now , i think i need to pick a real profession now but i dont know what , how do we make a lot of money now? any ideas?
    wait 2 weeks for everyone's Blood to run out and watch the price go back up.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally think its better to just get the sargeras blood shoulder enchant and do world quests, that way I dont waste time with boring grinds, get plenty of bloods to trade for mats and sell them. Its not efficient but its passive and guaranteed income.

There is also a new raid in just over a week bringing a new source for people to burn through potions that doesn't exist now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    wait 2 weeks for everyone's Blood to run out and watch the price go back up.
    Yeah this is the thing, prices are going to plummet temporarily because a lot of people (especially alchemists) have loads of Blood stocked up in reserve from the last couple months.

Once those are depleted, prices will rise again for sure. Won't be as high as it used to be though, of course...
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Flasks and Potions (and therefor herbs) will remain to be the only profession materials with constant demand. Gems and Enchants as well, but to a much lower degree.

Prices are likely to plummet now as people send their collected amount of Blood on the vendor, but eventually the bloods may run out and prices stabilize again. Its too early to tell about the final prices of herbs.
    They will plummet this weekend alot when most of the populous is not raiding. Once the bloods wear out, it will rise back up, but it wont hit what it was. People will also drop herbalism, so that will also raise the prices back up a little.

farm like mad since alot of ppl will stop farming for now, keep the herbs and sell once the prices go up
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

personally. I rerolled mining to alchemy so I can dump all my bloods into potion of prolonged power. So my bloods are not contributing to the herb market.

But I agree with the rest. Bloods don't come that easily and it will normalize

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Bloods don't come that easily and it will normalize
    I feel like they increased the chance for Bloods to drop. Even still, I have almost 400 bloods on my main, and another 300 on my alt. There really isnt much of a reason to buy Flasks anymore because most guilds now have cauldrons. Pots are the only thing and Prolonged Power isnt much of a DPS loss and for some classes it is tiny bit better DPS.

Still in the long run, I think alchemy will be the best gold maker. Now that I have some free time, Im going to finally level my Alchemy alt.

Herb boom is over, what? Not on my server, lol. They've gone down in price maybe 10-20%, but they're still outrageous considering how easy it is to get bloods. I honestly don't know WTF people are thinking trying to sell them for as much as they do. Or the idiots that buy them for that much.

I'm just glad I don't have to do any farming on my herbalist alt for myself for a while now. Had enough bloods to keep myself supplied with flasks/pots for a couple months worth of raiding on my main. Sure would be nice if my alchemist would proc rank 3 on int flasks finally though... something like 150 combines now at rank 2. Starting to get stupid considering how much materials go into each click.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Wait. Everyone who doesn't use bloods for crafting, and had 200-500 of them sitting in inventory, logged in on Tuesday and blew their stacks on stuff at the vendor.

But that was 2 months' worth of pent-up bloods. Now that the majority of the blood stash has been spent, expect roses will climb back up a little bit. I don't think I'll be selling them for 160-200g anymore, but 100-120 is likely once the glut is consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Yeah this is the thing, prices are going to plummet temporarily because a lot of people (especially alchemists) have loads of Blood stocked up in reserve from the last couple months.

Once those are depleted, prices will rise again for sure. Won't be as high as it used to be though, of course...
    Some herb prices are above pre-blood vendor prices so ... unconcerned.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Wait. Everyone who doesn't use bloods for crafting, and had 200-500 of them sitting in inventory, logged in on Tuesday and blew their stacks on stuff at the vendor.

But that was 2 months' worth of pent-up bloods. Now that the majority of the blood stash has been spent, expect roses will climb back up a little bit. I don't think I'll be selling them for 160-200g anymore, but 100-120 is likely once the glut is consumed.
    Starlight is 130 but it was hardly ever higher than that on my server.

Situation normal.

You may see it that way. I, as a herbalist and as an alchemist see it another way.

1x stack of Starlight Rose for 1000+gold was abusive. And that stack doesn't even gives you 3 flasks.
    Last edited by powerstuck; 2016-10-28 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
    You may see it that way. I, as a herbalist and as an alchemist see it another way.

1x stack of Starlight Rose for 1000+gold was abusive. And that stack doesn't even gives you 3 flasks.
    There are some missing 0s in the above.

Good, that overpriced shit is finally affordable

Deleted

You know a stack is 200 right ?

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    You know a stack is 200 right ?
    Yes but people still use old stacks on AH, stacks of 20.

Yes but people still use old stacks on AH, stacks of 20.
    Then that isn't a stack, it is 20 roses.

The market will stabilize sooner or later, won't be the crazy prices it was earlier though.

Alch/Ench have always been my two go to crafting proffesions. Enchants and Flasks/Pots will always have a demand. Just sad you will have to get rank 3 on everything in Alchemy to get any profit what so ever. So spend gold now on herbs while the prices are low, and try to get rank 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore