10+ Year Old Account

Karazhan Stories from this week

Anyone have any good ones?

We wiped on maiden like 4 times before I remembered you dont have to stand in the yellow goo, just get the dot... LMAO. Was like 40 minutes wasted by getting too many stacks of the dot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    Anyone have any good ones?

We wiped on maiden like 4 times before I remembered you dont have to stand in the yellow goo, just get the dot... LMAO. Was like 40 minutes wasted by getting too many stacks of the dot.
    ha!

exact same thing here to ^^

other than that we tried way too long to open the chest before killing the mana devourer -.-

Deleted
    We tried - just for science ofc - if attumen still aggros the whole room when you pull him :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    ha!

exact same thing here to ^^

other than that we tried way too long to open the chest before killing the mana devourer -.-
    Oh, also, for "science" purposes, I learned that the ghost trap can be used on things like Attumen... so we had a wipe to that. It was totally on purpose and not due to me fat fingering the keyboard while I had a beer in my hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    We tried - just for science ofc - if attumen still aggros the whole room when you pull him :-)
    Did that one too haha.

Deleted
    Oh, also, for "science" purposes, I learned that the ghost trap can be used on things like Attumen... so we had a wipe to that. It was totally on purpose and not due to me fat fingering the keyboard while I had a beer in my hand.
    This also works on unholy dks pets.

First boss only spawned four tornadoes. Shaman got left out. He Ankh'd and died again. I brezed him. He died again. Druid brezed him. He died again. Was pretty funny but we killed the boss easily anyway.

Did the same thing as OP's group on Maiden.

Our tank pulled Moroes not realizing he was a boss. Ended up killing him easily.

We also learned the hard way that Horsey aggro'd the whole room.

Curator died during Evocation. Other oneshots were Mana Wyrm and Medivh.

The last boss took the most tries. We probably wiped five or six times on him.

Overall, the time investment was roughly three hours, a few flasks, a couple of leftover potions (prolonged power is my new go-to pot so I had to burn through my leftovers), and a lot of corpse running. People are saying Kara was a great dungeon but for me at least it was kind of mediocre.
    Last edited by TummyBoy; 2016-10-28 at 01:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    First boss only spawned four tornadoes. Shaman got left out. He Ankh'd and died again. I brezed him. He died again. Druid brezed him. He died again. Was pretty funny but we killed the boss easily anyway.

Did the same thing as OP's group on Maiden.

Our tank pulled Moroes not realizing he was a boss. Ended up killing him easily.

We also learned the hard way that Horsey aggro'd the whole room.

Curator died during Evocation. Other oneshots were Mana Wyrm and Medivh.

The last boss took the most tries. We probably wiped five or six times on him.

Overall, the time investment was roughly three hours, a few flasks, a couple of leftover potions (prolonged power is my new go-to pot so I had to burn through my leftovers), and a lot of corpse running. People are saying Kara was a great dungeon but for me at least it was kind of mediocre.
    Its mediocre now, I will give you that. 10 years ago, it was one of the best raids they had made at the time.

I had a Jury Summons yesterday and when I got home (I didn't get picked for Jury Duty) my buddy who had been at work all day had left me a string of messages on how to summon Nightbane.

So while he was at work I formed a group and we attempted over and over to summon him. After 4 hours we did it! It was amazing... time for easy loot right? NOPE. Two hours of wiping followed by the healer and dps leaving for raids.... my friend home from work QQing because he had to watch Netflix with his GF... Pugs wiping and leaving, raids ending... original people came back to wiping AGAIN.

Four and a half hours later I kick out healer who was having a mental breakdown on discord "BLIZZARD MADE A FIGHT NO ONE CAN HEAL!" and invite my buddy who "Had been waiting ALL night"... 3 shot him... Girlfriend got the mount and the chestpiece... other people got relics... I bonus rolled 36g so it was all worth it.
    Last edited by swiftdeus; 2016-10-28 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    We also did this for science!

10+ Year Old Account
    We downed Maiden last night after like 5+ wipes and trying to figure out the repentance as well as staggering dps CD's to push the shield since our DPS was pretty low overall. On the last pull things were going well but shit started to hit the fan when we had gotten to the third repentance with at least 30% left, I got consecration and was stuck between dropping it on group or killing myself and dropping it in another pool.

I heroic leapt into the pull and dropped it, giving my group enough room to breath and luckily we had a Brez. We get the boss to around 10~ and both the other dps die and the shield is 12 seconds away from being cast, my CD's had just come up and I go absolutely balls to the wall crazy trying to beat the timer. Aaaaand I did

But then we got our shit kicked in by Attumen and I called it a night haha
    Last edited by Dug; 2016-10-28 at 06:40 PM.

Its mediocre now, I will give you that. 10 years ago, it was one of the best raids they had made at the time.
    Kara was the first raid I cleared. I remember I was in shit gear but had my friends from Brood War to help me out (and back then things were always easier). When we finally killed Prince it was because a Rogue tanked him for like 15 seconds after the tank died. He dropped the dagger I wanted desperately too which was awesome.

so I was in there as a shadow priest and on huntsmen when the magic debuff went up on everyone I naturally thought that it would be good to mass dispel it.....

BOOM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    so I was in there as a shadow priest and on huntsmen when the magic debuff went up on everyone I naturally thought that it would be good to mass dispel it.....

BOOM!
    Hah, I might have to try that just for shits and giggles.

Deleted
    The spiders in Karazhan is the most dedly thing you can meet, they hit like enraged bosses.

Who did the layout of the place, if you wipe you have a very long run back. Moroes still Garrote hard as hell....

I must say that I like that Blizzard make the encounters gear-proff, if you ignore the boss mechanics you will die regardless of gear...