Poll: Do you like the mythic dungeon system?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I don't really like Mythic+ because I already spend 3 nights a week raiding and it sucks to also be on a timer and rushing on days where i'm not raiding, you can't really stop to do anything or even go to the bathroom in the middle of a Mythic+. It feels like every single day there's things I need to be doing and little time for a break to do other stuff. It's also easier for a single idiot to ruin things for everyone in 5 man content, the timer only makes this more frustrating.

Now I could just NOT do Mythic+ and only raid but the problem with that is this: Emerald Nightmare items are freaking awful.
    Last edited by spiritsurge; 2016-11-01 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    The one thing that irks me about the mythic-system is mythic-only dungeons, "Cutting up Karazhan into pieces would make it less epic", guess what's even less epic? Not seeing the inside of the place at all because i don't want the grief of LfG and dealing with the nasty people in it!
    I love how you generalize and sterotype players who use the LFG tool. If you want to do the dungeon, why not you start your own group and pick the first 4 people who join with the appropriate roles, and just play it like it was a LFD random matchmaked dungeon?

Oh I know why you wont, because you want the game to do all the work to do it all for you and all you have to to is click a button to join the queue and click another button to accept when the queue pops. Or do you think that people who use the LFD tool are not just as toxic or even more so than people using the LFG tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I love how you generalize and sterotype players who use the LFG tool. If you want to do the dungeon, why not you start your own group and pick the first 4 people who join with the appropriate roles, and just play it like it was a LFD random matchmaked dungeon?

Oh I know why you wont, because you want the game to do all the work to do it all for you and all you have to to is click a button to join the queue and click another button to accept when the queue pops. Or do you think that people who use the LFD tool are not just as toxic or even more so than people using the LFG tool?
    For once Jaylock has hit the nail on the head. LFD can be just as toxic so don't try to claim it's not. And you can easily make your own group for Karazhan but you choose not to therefore you choose to basically stop yourself from experiencing a dungeon. I mean god forbid you have to put in the legwork of making your own group right?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-01 at 08:12 PM.

I have been enjoying it personally. Not sure if you are counting Kara as it's more of a 5 man normal raid.. but I freaking loved it. Super fun and pretty challenging (not overly so, but still).

Personally, I could completely stop raiding and just do Mythic+ dungeon progression - it is such a hugely fun system for me! It has really pulled members of our guild back together instead of just queuing for random dungeons separately, we group up to do harder 5-man content together on non-raid nights. I've gotten to know the people in my guild much better - like it used to be!

I think it's crappy that Blizzard requires mythic dungeons for professions - that content should be in normal or heroic, I think. And the oddball quest from the mission board should just scale the reward based on what type of dungeon you complete it on. I think it would help stop a lot of the complaints if people didn't feel "forced" to do mythic dungeons for professions or quests.

That said - it's been super easy to pick up good people using the group finder tool when we don't have enough guildies for a run. Just put something in the description saying it's a relaxed run and you're not in a hurry. That seems to filter out most of the jerks. I'm still really nervous about running keystones with people from the group finder, but if you talk to them before inviting and explain that you aren't doing a GOGOGO 3-chest super fast run - most people have been fine with that. I've added multiple people to my friends list that I've found through group finder - it's awesome having a friends list again that I can go to when I need someone for a run!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like it, but I want to. It can be difficult to find a group. The system could use some refinement, but it's off to an OK start.

Deleted
    It is an ok system, I just do not like the fact that my BiS trinket drops in a dungeon and now I need to hope I get it 895 each time I run it. But that is more an issue with the loot system and less so with the dungeons.

I wouldn't say I hate it, however it's not something I like doing.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Not really, no. It's not even harder, so much as it is just boring. If there are struggles, it's just like being in random pug with people who don't know what they are doing. Like, this is taking longer, or someone nearly gets one shotted... that's how it felt for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

It's really good, but not good enough not to improve it. The thing that kind of annoys me in Mythic+ is that it's always timed run - despite what Blizzard said (that the timer is there just to make you complete in decent time, not wipe over and over) people are going for 3 chests, which always involves what I disliked in CMs - masspulling, counting trash, AoE stuns being the go-to thing.

I know it's way harder to do, but Mythic+ would be better without timers, just progressively higher difficulty. Perhaps with less levels in between. Perhaps introducing new mechanics to bosses on certain plateaus. Frantically speedrunning through the content doesn't make you appreciate the difficulty.

And well, at the current stage, it's kind of pointless for HC to exist. Bummer.

Deleted
    I really dislike the speed running of the mythic plus. I want to see harder bosses and less trash. Right now is a lot of trash, and super boring. Maybe rehash the instance to a smaller one and put there the bosses, like the under romm on the celadoras mazmo, every corner one boss.

Deleted
    When you do AOE in almost every pull is not fun at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it. Considering I can't play as much these days it's nice to be able to throw together some decently challenging content quickly.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

I like them very much, but I would prefer some more challenging dungeons that are not getting their difficulty because of some timer. Karazhan is a good example of this.

Love them, aside of Vault and Black rook hold.

If I ever meet the designer of Vault 2nd boss, I'll bite his nose off.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would love it but impossible to get into a group should have a finder for it as well so we can get in.