Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

In our country corruption is rampant (I live in Russia).

Very many people are suffering from corruption in Russia. One of them is priest Gleb Grozovsky. He is very good priest.
    He helped to orphans. Engaged rehabilitation of drug addicts near Saint-Petersburg. But there was another organization which did the same thing, but not so effectively how did it Gleb Grozovsky, Although they were receiving a lot of money on it from state.
    Three years ago Gleb Grozovsky was slandered. On him was concocted a criminal case. Gleb Grozovsky was accused of pedophilia?! At that time he was on a business trip in Israel. When he learned about it, he decided not to return to Russia. He hoped that the investigation would lead honest people and they will prove that he is not guilty. Here the film about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrlEQYy6hSs
    This film was made in 2014. Now things are much worse. 7 Sep 2016 Gleb Grozovsky was extradited from Israel to Russia. In Israel to Gleb Grozovsky treated very well. They had hoped that in Russia will be a fair trial. But that didn't happen.
    At first he was placed in a prison in Russia. But then he was put in the psychiatric hospital, where he still lives (and maybe now he is receiving harmful to the health of injection). October 25 was the trial of Gleb Grozovsky. But Grozovsky on this court was absent. Although his lawyer Utkin interviewed all the witnesses and collected a lot of evidence of innocence Grozovsky.
    The family of Gleb Grozovsky is also suffering. In Oct 2016 was died mom of Gleb Grozovsky Zinaida (she did not spare herself, trying to protect son). Wife of Gleb Grozovsky has four kids. Here are the site of Gleb Grozovsky: http://eng.grozovskiy.com
    Last edited by Svetlana; 2016-10-29 at 11:24 AM.

Dont worry Americans wont hurt Russian ladies

Deleted
    A Russian criticising Russia?

Code Red at Olgino! Send out the troll squads ASAP! This is not an exercise, I repeat, this is not an exercise!

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    ... The weird part is, when I first read this, I was like, "Auugh, this grammar!" ... Then I read it in a russian accent, and suddenly, it was completely fine!

Shame to hear about this though. Russia shouldn't be corrupt. Russia is nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    A Russian criticising Russia?

Code Red at Olgino! Send out the troll squads ASAP! This is not an exercise, I repeat, this is not an exercise!
    American pretending to be Russian.

It's obvious lol and it's called anti propaganda.
    You can do it too. Choose typical Russian name, create new account, get 10 posts, after 10 posts you can start posting links, spread words around and get emotional reactions - sympathy. It works for any country, try it.
    Last edited by mmoc09d949bcd0; 2016-10-29 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    American pretending to be Russian.

It's obvious lol and it's called anti propaganda.
    You can do it too. Choose typical Russian name, create new account, get 10 posts, after 10 posts you can start posting links, spread words around and get emotional reactions - sympathy. It works for any country, try it.
    Actually I live in Russia. And the same text I will write in Russian.
    Month ago friends of Grozovsky published petition (and we signed it): https://www.change.org/p/президенту-...are_responsive * Where we asked of *Putin and Patriarch Kirill to help Gleb Grozovsky. But still no results.
    Maybe they are too busy I don't know.
    Я на самом деле живу в России. И этот же текст я напишу на русском.
    Месяц назад была опубликована петиция (и мы подписали её). В которой мы обращались к Путину и к патриарху Кириллу с просьбой помочь Глебу Грозовскому. Но пока никаких результатов. Может быть они слишком заняты, я не знаю.
    Last edited by Svetlana; 2016-10-29 at 01:43 PM.

Russia is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. This isn't news.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to post this when similar topics come up. Just gives a bit of background on how Russia got there. Very palpable for those who didn't live there, it gives a tangible view that otherwise gets lost in text books:

https://youtu.be/Vzm7juykO7k

It's Vysotski or as he was called in the video, "Bob Dylan" of the Soviet Union, talking to 60 minutes in 1976.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Economist are saying Canada will require a population of 100 million before 2050 to stay stable. How about all you nice Russian ladies just move here. We have corruption, but at this point ours is armless in comparison lol. You even all know what real winter is, so you wont need to wear 5 coats during Spring and fall like all the immigrants from Africa.

Sounds like the perfect scenario to me.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-10-29 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Corruption is rampant in my own west-european country too. I'm surrounded with it.

There's people who pay their 30-50% taxes, and then there's people like us who pay 0 because we know the right directors at the tax office.
    There's people who can't get their legal paperwork in order, and then there's people like us who just have to give a phone call to the right EU parliamentary and within moments the entire city hall is dancing around and hurrying to make the paperwork in order for us.

There's people for who the rules and laws count, and there's people for who they don't.

I'm seeing that and I'm living that first hand, and in a way I pity everyone else who has to live by rules that don't exist for us.
    Do I feel like changing it or seeing anything done about it? Nope, because I'm not an idiot and I understand when I'm absurdly privileged. But I really question the intelligence of people who believe that everything is just a-okay in their society and that everyone, or even their neighbors, live by the same rules as they do.

If it happens in my country, then I'm certain it happens anywhere. The only thing that 'progressed' is the elite's ability to hide their corruption.
    Russia's problem is different. They have had the same person in charge of the country for nearly 20 years. The elite in my country, the US, are very different. People don't often understand what happened when USSR fell and public enterprises went up for auction to the public. In a country, where everyone was homogeneous under communism, who exactly had the funds to buy up Russian natural resources, industrial enterprises and utilities? Russia's current foundation is sitting on those who are at least suspected of criminal activity, due to the nature of having that much wealth under communism.

This lands Russia in a bit of a beneficial quagmire. The country is first world and regardless of not having the might of USSR, they are not some backwards hicks. There is no need for Peter the great to chop off beards of the parliament. As a result, their corruption gets treated the same as other western countries. But, when in US people scream journalists are rigged, they don't mean this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Politkovskaya

We have people like Alex Jones, that claim government conspiracy and government shutting them down any second. In Russia, you get a bullet to the head on president's birthday.

- - - Updated - - -

Russian government has discovered a very silly, but a working system for any claims of their wrong doing. Putin has figured out, that he can blame his enemies for anything that is obviously his wrong doing, to have people eat it up. I thought it was stupid when I first saw it, but it works. This crime was not committed by me, but by my enemies killing each other to make me look bad. It's so stupid, yet so simple, that people buy it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Should we be surprised?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

In Soviet Russia, ....

I got nothing.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Deleted
    "5%" Russian bashing Russia for corruption on anti-Russian forum with Western biased mods.
    Why even do that?

If you think that criticizing Russia will make you look better... don't think so. They'll laugh at you like they did to drunkard Yeltsin.

Doing away with cash would help Russia a lot I think, that way everything would have a transaction history.

"Police Officer Yuri, why do you have all these ₽500 ruble transactions to your account? Why would all these random citizens be giving you money?"

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Russia is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. This isn't news.
    That's it. Ankara is about to get nuked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    ₽500
    Holy shitballs. Russian cops are cheap...that's like...7 euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That's it. Ankara is about to get nuked.
    Wat? Not sure if this is a joke, or some weird sort of sarcasm. Either way, I didn't get what you are trying to imply.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Wat? Not sure if this is a joke, or some weird sort of sarcasm. Either way, I didn't get what you are trying to imply.
    You just criticized Russia, duh.

Its funny the usual suspects hanwaving this away calling it american pretending to be russian etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Its healthy to criticize your own country, i do it all the time with my beloved craphole Norway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Ah, now I got it

I don't know the meta about Russia because I frankly avoid Russia threads like a plague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Corruption is rampant in my own west-european country too. I'm surrounded with it.

There's people who pay their 30-50% taxes, and then there's people like us who pay 0 because we know the right directors at the tax office.
    There's people who can't get their legal paperwork in order, and then there's people like us who just have to give a phone call to the right EU parliamentary and within moments the entire city hall is dancing around and hurrying to make the paperwork in order for us.

There's people for who the rules and laws count, and there's people for who they don't.

I'm seeing that and I'm living that first hand, and in a way I pity everyone else who has to live by rules that don't exist for us.
    Do I feel like changing it or seeing anything done about it? Nope, because I'm not an idiot and I understand when I'm absurdly privileged. But I really question the intelligence of people who believe that everything is just a-okay in their society and that everyone, or even their neighbors, live by the same rules as they do.

If it happens in my country, then I'm certain it happens anywhere. The only thing that 'progressed' is the elite's ability to hide their corruption.
    This isn't even comparable. You are talking about people exploiting the holes in the legal system. In Russia, we are talking about people just outright breaking the law, and silencing everyone who tries to call them out on it by threats, sometimes imprisonments, and sometimes even murder. The government gets a lot of income and simply puts the majority of it in their pockets. Corruption is everywhere, from the very top of the government, and down to localized level, with police officers almost openly taking bribes, teachers and professors taking money in exchange for good grades.

As much as in the US and Europe systems are flawed, we are talking about entirely different levels of corruption here. Compared to countries like Russia, Western systems are champions of transparency and legality.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.