Need help with system settings. Game mechanics not visible.

I don't have the greatest PC in the world so recently in one big move I reduced a lot of the graphics settings down quite a few levels to eek out some performance gains which has undoubtedly made my game run considerably better.

The rub is this: now certain ground lighting mechanics are essentially invisible to me and I was wondering which specific settings were responsible for enabling/disabling this visibility. A few common examples of things no longer visible are the green poison circles that Naraxas spits out during that fight in Neltharion's Lair as well as the rolling storms that the drakes in Eye of Azuna shoot out that branch and do insane damage at high M+ levels. Some ground lighting mechanics are still perfectly visible such as the random lightning strikes in EoA as well as the attack from the giants in EoA which causes the small'ish blue circles. .

Normally I would be doing the process of elimination to figure this out but I'm away for a few days and was hoping to get this resolved in theory before I get back so I can jump right back into the game without having to troubleshoot this problem first.

Thanks.

Deleted
    Projected ground textures

I believe particle density is the most common option that controls spell effects, I usually keep that setting on high even on bad pcs because of the issues you describe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    I believe particle density is the most common option that controls spell effects, I usually keep that setting on high even on bad pcs because of the issues you describe
    Correct, any spell effect not particularly projected on the ground is affected by this

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Projected textures needs to be enabled
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    Projected textures needs to be enabled
    QFT.

/10chars