Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Thraxi's Tricksy Threads is making me miserable.

So i got these boots yesterday.I was like WOO HOO,I GOT A LEGENDARY AND IT AINT PRYDAZ/SEPHUZ.

Then i actually started using them.

Unless you use Hit and Run and use Sprint as a DPS cooldown,the legendary might as well have no effect.

Using hit and run and Sprint as a DPS cooldown leaves you with exactly 0 mobility-worse than a Death Knight,without the added ranged abilities.

I'd rather have Prydaz/Sephuz.

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    So i got these boots yesterday.I was like WOO HOO,I GOT A LEGENDARY AND IT AINT PRYDAZ/SEPHUZ.

Unless you use Hit and Run and use Sprint as a DPS cooldown,the legendary might as well have no effect.

Using hit and run and Sprint as a DPS cooldown leaves you with exactly 0 mobility-worse than a Death Knight,without the added ranged abilities.

Sure they arent easy to use. But it makes speed a dps stat, any speed increases from outside sources a dps increase, turns a movement talent into dps increase, and unfortunately sprint becomes a cd.

Work with your raid, make friends with a priest for feathers etc

And stop being miserable about an upgrade. IS this the new fad? "I need pity as i got the wrong legendary?"
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Also you will be one of the few who will go woho when the cc = 70 speed ring drop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    And stop being miserable about an upgrade. IS this the new fad? "I need pity as i got the wrong legendary?"
    The problem is that this legendary is making gameplay UNPLEASANT.If you tailor your gameplay around it,you simply take away both rogue's baseline mobility and one of the most fun and pleasant things about Outlaw(Hook).

If you don't,you're just wearing a huge statstick.

People whine about Prydaz/Sephuz all the time.They have weak effects,but at least they don't demolish your class's other abilities while using them.

i'll trade you both my sephuz and prydaz for it you filthy casual trash.

The problem is that this legendary is making gameplay UNPLEASANT.If you tailor your gameplay around it,you simply take away both rogue's baseline mobility and one of the most fun and pleasant things about Outlaw(Hook).

If you don't,you're just wearing a huge statstick.

People whine about Prydaz/Sephuz all the time.They have weak effects,but at least they don't demolish your class's other abilities while using them.
    As with most legendaries, you change your playstyle to cater to the unique ability. It's unfortunate that this legendary makes you use your mobility for non mobility things, but that's not exactly a reason to be downtrodden.
    -Voltaire
    winning

So the ILVL alone is not worth it?
    Weird.

Me?
    I am just thrilled i got something that is a fat ilvl boost,stat boost and is usable if I so choose.

You got a limited edition Ferrari , if you use it to it's full potential or not is entirely up to you.

btw even without hit and run and sprint it's a 4,5% dmg boost to run through due to fleet footed

and just because you have the option to use sprint as a dps cooldown doesnt mean you HAVE TO
    having more options is never a bad thing

btw is using a wod cloak enchant worth it with the boots?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post

btw is using a wod cloak enchant worth it with the boots?
    Cloak enchant was reduced to 2%. I don't think it's viable.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Really can't stand people with your attitude. Loads of people have quit the game due to losing raid spots thanks to this shitty system, getting a poor legendary is worse than getting no legendary because the pity timer resets, meaning it is less likely you will get a useful legendary anytime soon. The whole system is an absolute fucking joke.

But no matter how bad this game gets, there is always someone on the forums telling us to be grateful for whatever crumbs of dogshit we receive.

7+ Year Old Account

If you are in a guild raid they are very interesting, priest can boost your dmg with feathers as well as ww monk with their speed CD... I'm sure there is also some other thing you can use to improve your dps 2.. they may not be perfect for some fight were you need sprint but overall they are pretty interesting and very strong legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Really can't stand people with your attitude. Loads of people have quit the game due to losing raid spots thanks to this shitty system, getting a poor legendary is worse than getting no legendary because the pity timer resets, meaning it is less likely you will get a useful legendary anytime soon. The whole system is an absolute fucking joke.

But no matter how bad this game gets, there is always someone on the forums telling us to be grateful for whatever crumbs of dogshit we receive.
    Loads of people have lost their raid spots? How many do you know? ANd on top of that, i bet that more then 99% of those incidients were unwarranted because either the player or the raid was in no position that the presence or absence of a legendary would make a meaningful difference in the raids overall perdormance.

Of course it'S a fristrating system, but if you need pity, then maybe you are not cut out to raid in a serious manner.
    Do olympic athletes need pity when they are not fit to break a world record? No, they train harder.

EDIT:
    I just got the feint trousers. Do i get a cookie?
    Last edited by ymirsson; 2016-10-29 at 09:52 PM.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Prydaz / Sephuz master race reporting in.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post

Despite also really hating the "I got a horrible legendary"-whine train.

I think OP has a valid point. Turning utility / defensive cooldowns into offensive cooldowns is something I really dislike as well.
    Using vanish as an offensive cooldown (Nightstalker) is where I think the line should be drawn; and only because you don't really NEED vanish other than to stop yourself from dying on a wipe. Today it's sprint, tomorrow you're popping Cloak offensively to do more dps.

And sure in a few months time, OP might have enough legendaries that he/she can chose to leave this on the side; but that's not the luxury he's in currently.
    And when you have such a legendary, you feel forced to use it to it's fullest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    So the ILVL alone is not worth it?
    Weird.

Me?
    I am just thrilled i got something that is a fat ilvl boost,stat boost and is usable if I so choose.

You got a limited edition Ferrari , if you use it to it's full potential or not is entirely up to you.
    You are completely missing the point OP makes.
    Of course it's an ilvl upgrade and of course he wants to use it.

He just doesn't feel right, that his defensive/utility cooldowns are now suddenly turned into offensive cooldowns. He has to pop sprint "on cooldown" to do max dps.

In terms of your analogy:

You have an awesome Ferrari, but you know there is something mechanically wrong with it. You could take it out for a nice spin; but it could suddenly cost you your life, if not the life of many others on the highway that day.
    Do you really drive it around felling great? I doubt it.
    You can just leave it on your driveway as well, it's the safe option, but then really are you using it to it's fullest?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    and just because you have the option to use sprint as a dps cooldown doesnt mean you HAVE TO
    having more options is never a bad thing
    YES YOU HAVE TO if you want to do MAX DPS. That's his point.
    And don't come with "you dont HAVE to do max dps"-nonsense; because this discussion is clearly set up by someone who wants to do maximum DPS, but doesn't feel right losing his abilities.

It's ironic you say he has more options, because the way I see it: When you get Thraxi's, you just lost several options. Sprint is no longer usable as per your choice and your T30 as outlaw no longer has options either.

EDIT: And just to clarify. I don't have a legendary yet.
    I also feel the OP should be somewhat glad that he's able to have an awesome item.

But I think the discussion that should be discussed here is not about how lame the OP is for whining about his legendary.
    But to discuss whether or not the boots are poorly designed for forcing you to use utility/defensive cooldowns and talents for offensive purposes.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2016-10-30 at 01:57 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

Dude, this is like a really good designed legendary, because its just not a flat dmg increase. Its an item, which rewards you for smart thinking and for changing your playstyle Anyways, if you don't like using sprint and speed buffs from party members, then it is still a good item with its 895 item lvl
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post

And don't come with "you dont HAVE to do max dps"-nonsense; because this discussion is clearly set up by someone who wants to do maximum DPS, but doesn't feel right losing his abilities.
    yes, that's true, but what if you gain maximum dps by keeping sprint for when you'll need it? the whole point of a movement skill, is to provide you more uptime by... you know... helping you move, if you feel like you're wasting sprint for more damage because you'll need it later you'll need to weigh the cons and the pros, that's actually a pretty interesting skillcap that the legendary gives, is that honestly a bad thing?

raiding isnt just about "maximum dps" it's about taking care of certain mechanics, if you know you'll need to soak brambles then you wont use sprint for dps, if you do you're a bad player, that doesnt mean you didnt have the option to not sprint. do you honestly think he'Ll get kicked out of his guild/benched/whatever because he didnt use his sprint as a dps cooldown when he needed it for something else? that's just dumb, doing high dps for high dps's sake is a foolish and backwards mentality

you keep spouting about "maximum dps", but having the boots does just that increase your MAXIMUM dps, it has no bearing on your minimum dps (but it increases that too even by not speccing into it at all btw) there are no disadvantages to having the boots, there are only advantages.

i play sub atm, and i love how i can abuse sprint for dps, it's one of the biggest depths the spec has.

"this item gives me more dmg if i waste my movement skill therefore i must use it every time without any consideration" is not a mindset that will get you mythic kills

if you honestly think that a skill that's either a movement skill or a dps cooldown is not more versatile and deep than a skill that's just a movement skill i dont know what to tell you.

Today it's sprint, tomorrow you're popping Cloak offensively to do more dps.
    yeah because yoU're totally not already doing that right?
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-10-30 at 03:33 AM.

Today it's sprint, tomorrow you're popping Cloak offensively to do more dps.
    Sub already has this with Flickering Shadows.

Deleted
    Despite also really hating the "I got a horrible legendary"-whine train.

I think OP has a valid point. Turning utility / defensive cooldowns into offensive cooldowns is something I really dislike as well.
    Using vanish as an offensive cooldown (Nightstalker) is where I think the line should be drawn; and only because you don't really NEED vanish other than to stop yourself from dying on a wipe. Today it's sprint, tomorrow you're popping Cloak offensively to do more dps.

And sure in a few months time, OP might have enough legendaries that he/she can chose to leave this on the side; but that's not the luxury he's in currently.
    And when you have such a legendary, you feel forced to use it to it's fullest.

- - - Updated - - -

You are completely missing the point OP makes.
    Of course it's an ilvl upgrade and of course he wants to use it.

He just doesn't feel right, that his defensive/utility cooldowns are now suddenly turned into offensive cooldowns. He has to pop sprint "on cooldown" to do max dps.

In terms of your analogy:

You have an awesome Ferrari, but you know there is something mechanically wrong with it. You could take it out for a nice spin; but it could suddenly cost you your life, if not the life of many others on the highway that day.
    Do you really drive it around felling great? I doubt it.
    You can just leave it on your driveway as well, it's the safe option, but then really are you using it to it's fullest?

It's ironic you say he has more options, because the way I see it: When you get Thraxi's, you just lost several options. Sprint is no longer usable as per your choice and your T30 as outlaw no longer has options either.

EDIT: And just to clarify. I don't have a legendary yet.
    I also feel the OP should be somewhat glad that he's able to have an awesome item.

But I think the discussion that should be discussed here is not about how lame the OP is for whining about his legendary.
    But to discuss whether or not the boots are poorly designed for forcing you to use utility/defensive cooldowns and talents for offensive purposes.
    my man <3 10 chars

Deleted
    Wow, you got one of the two best Outlaw legys and are still whining.

I got them too, and they are so good @Mythic+

Bombing big grps with curse up + sprint + wwmonk in grp with legendaryring + feathers from priest + arkus / court set trinket proc + wwmonk Speed buff + pot. Ist just not even funny and I hope they don't nerf it.