Questions about legendary and simcraft

I have the legendary shoulders that sometimes proc a free Earthquake off of the Earth Shock ability. But, if I'm using Earth Shock (single target rotation), I'm not generally going to be using Earthquake (aoe rotation), and vice versa. So is the correct way to implement this legendary just to throw a free Earthquake on the target when Earth Shock procs it, even in single target fights, which is basically the only time this will happen anyway? It seems confusing/weird to me, especially considering Earthquake stacks and in aoe situations you should be spending all maelstrom on more Earthquakes, not Earth Shock. It's like they said here's a piece of gear that buffs aoe abilities, but only if you're following a single target rotation, lol.

Also, my stat priority is mastery (to 85%), crit, haste, versatility. However, every time I run sims, it always puts versatility way up there. The updated sims I just ran have versatility tied with mastery. I noticed this on my hunter too. Simcraft will weight versatility way above what our stat priority is supposed to be. If I follow this, isn't there the potential to throw off my gear selection and ultimately hurt my dps in the long run? I mean if I'm giving priority to mastery/versatility gear when I should be giving priority to mastery/crit gear won't I be leading myself to lower dps down the road than if I had been choosing mastery/crit gear? Even if right this second versatility will give me a dps increase, should I ignore it if the ultimate goal is a mastery/crit build which will give me the best performance in the end?

Here's my Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ewalker/simple
    Last edited by adamaj; 2017-01-17 at 10:18 PM.