Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Did it as Warrior and Rogue dps, a few tricky situations but overall it was fine. Warrior group had 1 ranged but the Rogue group was full melee, really not an issue. Karazhan is the best dungeon they have released in years, love it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminas View Post
    I did it with a full melee group and we did it with pretty good ease as a pug.
    Think its the case of Git Gud
    same here.
    full melee group, no problemos.

the place is faceroll easy enough as it is, just do the mechanics and you will be fine, all melee or not. Seriously.

Only boss where too much melee can be a serious issue is Curator - that's the only boss where melee vs. ranged dps can really affect your ability to down the boss. So I must conclude that OP is just whining that he can't have 100% uptime on boss to top Recount.

Halls of Valor is worse regarding range vs. melee, by the way. Both Heimdall and Odin are much more difficult with melee heavy groups.

They balanced melee vs ranged in a mixed group in dungeons. Many boss abilities will target ranged DPS and then the healer.

That does not mean boss abilities vanish if you have only 1 ranged (the healer), which is probably what you're suffering from.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    the place is faceroll easy enough as it is, just do the mechanics and you will be fine, all melee or not. Seriously.
    Not arguing whether it's easy or not, but isn't doing the mechanics properly not the exact opposite of being faceroll?

Had no more issues than in raids as melee.

It didn't seem particularly more harsh toward melee or ranged, but I tanked it so what do I know.

Deleted
    Nothing in there is a problem for melee if you have a brain.

Like...wow, you have to stop DPS'ing for a few seconds? Ww, what a bummer! Impossible to kill bosses now! Are you serious OP?

Curator is just absolute aids with a full melee group especially the sparks that just love going in the middle of patches.

Wait what? Which fights are melee unfriendly lol? I don't think you have played through many expansions if you think this place is Melee unfriendly.
    "melee unfriendly" means you die very easily as Melee, not you have to run out of melee range for 2 seconds randomly.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Curator can be aids for melee, otherwise not much of an issue

Deleted
    This instance loves the BM hunters

Deleted
    Curator is the only boss that blatantly punishes meele. I gave it some thought, but there is no boss that punishes ranged, perhaps one of the opera events, but none of the big encounters. The last boss is borderline, because the beam he shots arcs making it harder to evade the further away from the boss you are, especially when you Fight on the star destroyers.
    Last edited by mmoc35f68e9f3b; 2016-10-30 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Not arguing whether it's easy or not, but isn't doing the mechanics properly not the exact opposite of being faceroll?
    It is the exact opposite of faceroll. That guy was just being facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    This instance loves the BM hunters
    Not the chess part though, even tried dismissing and resummoning pet on top of the chess pieces I wanted to hit but still got no path available 90% of the time.

only curator is anti melee, did a all melee grp this week, while we were slightly above ilvl curve we also just blindly went into every fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    cant dps during bombardment on last boss
    cant dps well soaking mana during second last
    cant dps well ice storm during shade
    cant dps well moving on curator
    cant dps well dodging horses on attunemen

there is a few fights unfreindly to melee, but there is just as many unfreindly to ranged
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

lmao...

If you run anything missing a role, then no shit you may have a bit of trouble. 3 melee? Really dude?

If you want to run 3 melee you can, there are no mechanics stopping you, but don't be surprised when the content kicks your ass. When they said that they were likely considering the four primary roles of the game (tank, healer, mdps, rdps) as separate.

And boohoo, you describe "melee unfriendly" I'm guessing like every other vapid mediocre mdps player does, as in "It makes me go out of melee sometimes for mechanics". That's not melee unfriendly; your DPS is often designed around the idea that you'll have to dance around shit, that's why you have mobility where ranged do not. Every time an enemy drops a void zone on a caster they lose DPS, and melee lose DPS by having to go kill an add out of range or dip out of the way for some kind of melee-range mechanic. Just because the game doesn't let you tunnel and Karazhan isn't a dungeon that babies you doesn't mean the mechanics are melee unfriendly. They're idiot unfriendly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played as a rogue. It was tough definitely at some times. But these fights were more mechanic based than dps races, so I think it's fine.