Thread: Fix your "mods"

Fix your "mods"

I was in the middle of having an informative discussion, and a mod came along and infracted me (then banned me) because he disliked my opinion, and now after the dust has settled and the real trolls (who the mod did not ban) lost interest, my points have been validated:

Example:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post42623039

No, that's not trolling as the "infraction" claims and it's not in violation of any rule. The claim that I was "deliberately spreading misinformation" was totally bogus, and yet I get banned for trying to provide HELPFUL information to other players based on my actual in-game experiences.

WTF kind of place are you running here if you're going to allow trolls to heckle people who have DIFFERENT takes, and then ban the person with the different ideas claiming that he or she is "trolling" while allowing the real trolls to continue spewing nonsense and actual misinformation to confuse players? Totally ridiculous.

Your moderators should not be interjecting themselves into discussions as participants and then banning people they disagree with. That's essentially what's going on. When your mods step out of line, they themselves need to be reprimanded or they'll only do worse. I'd like those bogus infractions cleared from my account...and the ones where I am accused of flaming is a response to trolls who were allowed to do nothing other than troll for on and on without consequence. Once again, that same moderator was not doing their job by allowing trolls to stifle the conversation.

You may not be wrong, but I'm pretty sure discussing the moderation of the forum is against the rules so this'll get you nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    To quote:

"What was the purpose of your post, other than to announce that you're another braindead lemming?"

"You are not just stupid, you are exceptionally stupid. "

Nuff said. Discussion of moderation is not allowed on these forums anyway. If you have an issue PM the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    You may not be wrong, but I'm pretty sure discussing the moderation of the forum is against the rules so this'll get you nowhere.
    Accountability needs to exist especially at the highest levels. If I'm being singled out unfairly, I'll call it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    To quote:

"What was the purpose of your post, other than to announce that you're another braindead lemming?"

"You are not just stupid, you are exceptionally stupid. "

Nuff said. Discussion of moderation is not allowed on these forums anyway. If you have an issue PM the mod.

Good job taking repsonses out of context. Why don't you quote the trolls to whom I was responding? This is the kind of beta-male leftist nonsense that makes forums toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    Good job taking repsonses out of context. Why don't you quote the trolls to whom I was responding? This is the kind of beta-male leftist nonsense that makes forums toxic.
    Because it was your posts you were referring to?

Beta-male leftist nonsense? Get a grip fella.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    Exactly this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just going to get locked.

As others said, PM the mod.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

You're in the wrong.

But as my sig attests, I'm no fan of certain mods.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    There is no context that makes insulting others acceptable, a lesson you clearly did not learn the first time.

Regardless, if you have a problem with a moderator's actions against you, you PM the mods. You don't make threads to discuss it openly. Those are the rules of the site.

10+ Year Old Account
    You repeatedly posted what the consensus said was bad information, then insulted everyone who told you so. On top of that, you spread that same misinformation to other threads, and then insulted people there who called you out on it.

We have a responsibility here to ensure that discussion is on track, constructive, and free from trolling as we see it. When you continued to insult other posters in response to being corrected you crossed the line from discussion to trolling. This had nothing to do with opinions and everything to do with behavior.

Closing.