Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Getting targeted by vigilantes when you're innocent has to be everyone's nightmare. You might look like the culprit or just be in the wrong place.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    If dude is touching underage girls on the tram without their consent, excuse me for thinking he's probably done a lot worse at some point in his life being 36 years of age
    Right? Imagine what Trump has done considering he was bragging about sexually assaulting women in his 50s and casually referred to a woman walking by as "it."

Still I don't believe for a second he raped those young boys, at least not as much as they claim he did anyway. Maybe a little bit though.

Truly presidential material
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I doubt it, excessive force is not allowed in many countries,

Beating somebody up in the name of justice is vigilantism, even if its allowed in some shithole,
    That's certainly your hallucination, I advise you to go into a room and argue it out with your hallucination then come back and tell me who won.

I'll be over here sitting on my stack of every Defense of Other law ever written in this country.

10+ Year Old Account
    because rapists deserve worse
    Easy, buddy.

First, this wasn't rape. This wasn't even a little bit close to rape, even if we take the assailant's word to be completely true.

Second, the girl is not a child. She is a 15 year old sexually mature individual. Using charged language denoting a technical legal truth to try to build your case only weakens it.

That being said, I don't think the assault that took place here was particularly destructive and I would say it perhaps has some positive value. But we shouldn't be painting this man as a hero; he didn't stop a catastrophe, and suggesting that he is some sort of savior of the people would encourage others to engage in this sort of vigilantism under the assumed protection of cultural opinion. That's a dangerous road.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Right? Imagine what Trump has done considering he was bragging about sexually assaulting women in his 50s and casually referred to a woman walking by as "it."

Still I don't believe for a second he raped those young boys, at least not as much as they claim he did anyway. Maybe a little bit though.

*snippy snip*

infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-10-30 at 01:58 AM.

This entire thread is a walking meme, please stop taking the OP serious.

But I dunno, I guess consent is kind of a big thing to me. If you're going to be all touchy feely in a sexual manner on someone who doesn't want you to touch them and they've told you to stop and you don't then you might as well be raping them
    WellMemedFriend.jpeg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    r
    Despite your ham-fisted attempt to troll my point still sands: the OP thinks this guy has done worse, just imagine what little Donny Dump has done considering he has admitted to sexual assault on tape in his own words.

Hopefully the Republican candidate for President of the United States doesn't rape anyone else. Welcome to 2016.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Fine, when you're being raped in an alley I'll just walk on instead of helping you. Enjoy!
    Never said for people to NOT help (nice try there).

BTW your reply reminds me of the Seinfeld finale where they ignore the guy getting carjacked.

Despite your ham-fisted attempt to troll my point still sands: the OP thinks this guy has done worse, just imagine what little Donny Dump has done considering he has admitted to sexual assault on tape in his own words.

Hopefully the Republican candidate for President of the United States doesn't rape anyone else. Welcome to 2016.
    come on link the southern strategy thing again so folks get it this time....
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    If you really don't get how much worse rape is, I feel sorry for you.
    Well let's just get straight to the point, because every time I post here someone wants to debate something as pointless as semantics or a statement that was not made in context of the thread's subject material.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    First, this wasn't rape. This wasn't even a little bit close to rape, even if we take the assailant's word to be completely true.
    I never said the man was a rapist. Someone asked me what was great about someone being assaulted for committing a disgusting crime. So maybe I should have said "because people like him deserve worse" instead of "because rapists deserve worse"

but come now - molestation and rape are both crimes involving unwanted advances of an explicitly sexual nature. They're as closely related as you are to your parents.

Is it really that much of a shot in the dark to think he's probably committed such a crime at the age of 36 when he's brazenly molesting children in public, surrounded by a significant number of people? Or did y'all just want to argue semantics?

And as for the sexually mature individual statement... just lol. Just because a girl that's 15 is primed for entry level sexual interaction does not make her "sexually mature".

Despite your ham-fisted attempt to troll
    >calls people out for trolling
    >hasnt made a single relevant post
    >ranting about donald trump when the only thing thats been said about him is that he was mentioned in said video

but you know what? you want the truth of it? i really don't give a shit who gets into office at this point because that ten faced cunt hillary isn't even supposed to be in the running and a lot less people would be voting for trump if she wasn't.

This will be the first and last time I discuss politics in this thread.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2016-10-30 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    So if you see a man groping a very clearly underage girl you are just going to do.....? What? Watch? Join? Or walk away?
    Looks at some posters in thread

Yeah some may join in.

I'm glad the guy intervened. If it was my daughter id want someone too as well

- - - Updated - - -

Lol way to bring unrelated political shot into this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Easy, buddy.

Second, the girl is not a child. She is a 15 year old sexually mature individual. Using charged language denoting a technical legal truth to try to build your case only weakens it.

That being said, I don't think the assault that took place here was particularly destructive and I would say it perhaps has some positive value. But we shouldn't be painting this man as a hero; he didn't stop a catastrophe, and suggesting that he is some sort of savior of the people would encourage others to engage in this sort of vigilantism under the assumed protection of cultural opinion. That's a dangerous road.
    Groping a young woman has positive value?

You wear a fedora?

This thread makes me loose a bit more faith in humanity?

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be the first and last time I discuss politics in this thread.
    Hey champ, you brought it up. Plus I'm agreeing with you, considering little Donny Dump admits to sexual assault and has been accused of raping young boys and girls just imagine what he has actually done and gotten away with.

Scary stuff. Great pick for the Republicans though, he perfectly represents what they're all about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Lol way to bring unrelated political shot into this.
    Hey little buddy glad to see you're back. You're mistaken as usual though, I wasn't the one who brought it up.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    He was let go though. He was arrested until they sorted out what happened but was then released. He made a video all about it.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Groping a young woman has positive value?

You wear a fedora?

This thread makes me loose a bit more faith in humanity?
    "The assault" being the man stopping the potential groping, not the groping itself.

Legally justified? Nope.
    Morally justified? Hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    "The assault" being the man stopping the potential groping, not the groping itself.
    Oh okay, my mistake. I apologize

I"m glad he stopped the pervert. Whether the cops cuffed him or not he should feel good that he did the right thing. That being said I do understand why the cops cuffed him too. It was basically he said/ she said at that point.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Intention to do something isn't the same as actually doing it
    2. "molestation" see above
    3. 15 = not a child, but yes, teenager, can totally defend himself if he chooses to
    4. Vigilantism is not legal, it's not Trump's country yet. And it's certainly not Philippine.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    1. Intention to do something isn't the same as actually doing it
    2. "molestation" see above
    3. 15 = not a child, but yes, teenager, can totally defend himself if he chooses to
    4. Vigilantism is not legal, it's not Trump's country yet. And it's certainly not Philippine.
    If someone was feeling up your teenage daughter on a bus would you want somebody to stop them.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    If someone was feeling up your teenage daughter on a bus would you want somebody to stop them.
    It's not even vigilantism.......that would be if someone were to hunt the guy down afterwards