Vault of the Wardens miniboss on m+

So I just did vault +9 a couple of hours ago and for some reason the miniboss at the start of the dungeon didn't drop to the ground at all and we skipped easily. Is it a change that was introduced in 7.1 or is it something my party did that I didn't see? If it is does anyone knows exactly how it's done?

I also did it +9 last night and he did drop that cast on the ground. U mean that purple thing that insta kills u right? However he went down smoothly.

Ehm, pretty sure Wild didn't read correctly. Anyway.

The miniboss didn't change, but you can skip it by having a hunter pulling it solo, going to the well right behind him while the rest of you run to the next set of stairs, and when that's done, your hunter can feign death and run to join you without aggroing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Piwielle View Post
    Ehm, pretty sure Wild didn't read correctly. Anyway.

The miniboss didn't change, but you can skip it by having a hunter pulling it solo, going to the well right behind him while the rest of you run to the next set of stairs, and when that's done, your hunter can feign death and run to join you without aggroing again.
    I know about that. But nothing like that happened. The miniboss literally just stayed there in the air and never came down.

That would be a welcome change but I haven't seen anything like that this week. On Fortified that bitch hits harder than anything else in the game. You don't know pain until you've done her Fortified and Raging above a level 10. "Hi! I'm gonna melee your tank for 5 mil through all your cooldowns and pulse for 2 mil damage a tick on the rest of your group. Let's be friends!"

Oh trust me. I've done him with fortified and raging. I know what you mean. Our tank was yelling kill it before it kills me when it got low.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump. Anyone that knows how to replicate it?