Question Elerethe Renferal 3 tanks? (mythic)

Hi me and my guild are going to have our first day on this boss today on mythic difficulty, and while watching alot of stream I have seen alot of guilds use 3 tanks for this boss but while watching guides like fatboss etc I havent found any guide were they have used 3 tanks. So to the question.

Should we go with 3 or 2 tanks and why?

Try to 2 tank him and then you will see why people go with 3 tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SheepHunter View Post
    Try to 2 tank him and then you will see why people go with 3 tanks.
    Ye might start with that since that is how they killed it in the fatboss video. If it doesn't work we'll switch it around

We've done it with 2 tanks pretty easily. Just make sure you have 2 warlocks for the skip tactic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    We've done it with 2 tanks pretty easily. Just make sure you have 2 warlocks for the skip tactic.
    Skip tactic? I've been looking through the interwebs for quiet some time and not heard of this. Care to explain?

Deleted
    Lock portals on the middle platform to zoom you to platform 2 would be my guess.

3 tanks makes life much easier both for your tanks, healers and potentially raid members.

a) Each tank takes less damage and is less likely to die
    b) Tanks don't need to worry about being too far from the boss when picking up spiders
    c) You don't need to deal with a tether clotheslining the raid

The dps check is irrelevant so you may as well do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Lock portals on the middle platform to zoom you to platform 2 would be my guess.
    That's a pretty sweet idea hadn't thought of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    3 tanks makes life much easier both for your tanks, healers and potentially raid members.

a) Each tank takes less damage and is less likely to die
    b) Tanks don't need to worry about being too far from the boss when picking up spiders
    c) You don't need to deal with a tether clotheslining the raid

The dps check is irrelevant so you may as well do it.
    Ah so just the tethered tanks kill the spiders and the 1 that isn't just takes the boss. Would probably make it a lot easier yeah

3 Tanks is objectively better on this fight. Not only is it much easier/faster to round up the adds, but it's like having a permanent shield wall on the boss tank, compared to 2 tanking it. That damage share can be brutal.

Also, if one of your 3 tanks is a paladin, you can cheese the Violent Winds on the second platform. Pally tank magic bops one of the other tanks for the first one and taunt bubbles the second.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    That's a pretty sweet idea hadn't thought of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah so just the tethered tanks kill the spiders and the 1 that isn't just takes the boss. Would probably make it a lot easier yeah
    lock portals basically mean you get only 3 spiders on the transitions, instead of 10+ from people walking on the webs all the time. 1 warlock can do both portals if need be. one of the big must haves for this fight imo.

for tanking 3 tanks is super easy too, the boss even with 1 or 2 stacks becomes very dangerous to tanks. (funny thing you will see during wipes is the boss with 8+ stacks hitting people for 60m+ melee hits). maybe with proper MDs and really tight positioning you can do it 2 tanks but even the slightest error with positioning, extra spiders, or accidentaly slowed or stunned spiders just puts the boss tank at huge risk.

Deleted
    My guild has only had 1.5 nights on Mythic renferal but 3 tanks is much much easier.

Side note. Unless they fixed it watch out if you have a druid tank using their damage reflect artifact ability while linked. We did a quick clear on weds of normal/heroic and it was causing a damage feedback loop and killing the other tank in like 0.2 seconds. Funny to watch happen but if you're progressing on mythic you might want to avoid it xD

3 tanks makes multiple aspects of the fight easier

Phase 1 = Less healing required on tanks, less margin for error or damage taken from people walking through the link beam... It basically negates the annoyances and healing requirements of the link beam.

Phase 2 = See above + you can sacrifice one of the tanks on the winds meaning you only have to have the raid soak one of them. This is a massive deal, though technically you could still pull this off with 2 tanks, but having 3 is a considerable safety net. Obviously you want the tank to die on the platform so you can res him/her, the boss stops casting the winds if the tank dies.

The dps check on this fight is so low that it doesn't matter, you want to kill the boss fast enough that you dont have to deal with the spiders on the 3rd platform when she goes up, but killing the boss before then does not require high dps at all and you will most likely make it even with multiple deaths from dps.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-10-30 at 03:13 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Thanks for the help every1 i feel alot more informed for the raid tonight !