Thread: AP and Deadly

AP and Deadly

Hey all,

Quick question.

Does anyone else use AG for bosses and Deadly for trash? Idk if this is just like "duh pleb" knowledge or if there was an advantage to keeping AP throughout a raid/dung.

Thanks!

Deleted
    i was told its better this way

There is no advantage, and for short lived adds and trash, deadly is the way to go.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Depends on the trash. If it lives long enough for 3pt rup on every mob + envenom spam to 5 stacks on all of them (i.e 5+ and mythic raid trash) you can safely go with ap (in my experience). Otherwise I just run exsang because in a +2 - +4 boss damage doesn't really matter, its all about blowing through trash for 3 chest.

Deleted
    Wondering how can exga on 1 mob every 45 secs help with trash? I'm missing smg?

I just find with the artifact trait that boosts your DP with FOK on trash is more beneficial than AP (minus bomb procs) regardless, I think im going to stick with DP with trash and AP with bosses, it seems (to me) to be the most efficient route.

It depends the content I am doing tbh.

For Raids I swap poisons since I am talented into AP, but for Mythics I run MP + Exang w/ Deadly. With the recent buffs to DP and MP, it is a pretty consistent and powerful build for Mythics. You can push better boss dps as they don't live as long for AP builds to really shine and you have great burst and aoe trash dmg.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youmakeme View Post
    Wondering how can exga on 1 mob every 45 secs help with trash? I'm missing smg?
    It's a good burst CD and give you extra energy for the duration of the exsang rupture helping you to spam FoK/ spreading more rupture faster. It speeds up the ramp up on a packs by a lot.

Your also not sacrificing to much as exsang is prty much = to AP on boss..

Use Deadly on Trash unless it's a single target trash mob that lasts long enough to get at least 4 stacks of AP on it. If there is at least two mobs use deadly.