Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    13 pages of feeding this troll. Why is this thread not deleted anyway?

When you start out with calling anyone that may disagree with you in the very first line of a post a "fanboy" its pretty clear it is a troll thread.

Do your job mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    You had the option to do a dungeon, if there was one. You generally weren't funneled into it other than a 'go to' quest (if that), you didn't miss out on much of anything if you didn't do it, and it didn't keep the zone's storyline from being complete without it. The only dungeon I remember during that time period which fits the criteria was Drak'Theron Keep because you couldn't complete the Drakuru quest chain without it. Otherwise, the dungeons were mostly a separate entity from what was going on during questing with only a few barely being linked into the zone storyline.
    You were though in that expansion. Maybe you don't remember them all. Borean Tundra sent you into the Nexus area to do the lower half of that dungeon in the middle of the story after you quest a bit in Coldarra. You can't finish Coldarra's story without it. The last boss is in Coldarra is the whole reason you go into that dungeon. In Coldarra you team up with her to take down one of Malygos' mates and as a punishment she imprisons her and brainwashes her into a new mate. You kill her to end her suffering. 100% continuation of the story.

Howling Fjord is much the same. You're attacked by whichever sparkly vampire lord is inside that dungeon as well as face various attacks by the Vyrkul people so the forsaken (this is horde side) send you in there after they realize the scourge is working with the Vyrkul in order to defeat the leader of the area and diminish the scourge's power.

Ulduar is a continuation of Loken's betrayal. You go through that zone trying to figure out what happened and you help Thorim and all that and he ends up getting captured so you go into the Halls of Lightning to stop Loken.

Dragonblight had you enter Azjol-Nerub as you find yourself teaming up with the non scourge infested Nerubians since they align with your goals. You go into that area of the zone attempting to disrupt scourge forces and find yourself allied with those nerubians I mentioned and they help you get into Azjol-Nerub to take out Anub-arak and they also send you into Ahn-kahet in order to deal with the scourge threat inside their old kingdom.

Zul'Drak sends you into Gundrak as well. Questing in that area you find yourself dealing with these trolls who are so afraid of the scourge that they've begun to sacrifice their Loa gods in order to gain more power. So you put a stop to that.

You already mentioned Grizzly Hills.

All the zones with dungeons sent you there in there in order to finish the zone's story it's just that the old solo experience wasn't that great. You probably forgot about all these areas and some of them weren't tied in super well. The Azjol-Nerub quest experience, for example, started with you helping out some Taunka who were being assaulted by the scourgified Nerubians and then somehow you've found yourself on a team with big spooky spider people.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2016-10-31 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    It's a lot better than Warlords was.

2 Months into WoD we were all standing in our Garrisons AfK waiting for raid time, clicking on a dumb table.

At least now there's reasons to get out into the world and do things more interesting than 'kill 2309254797 re-skinned orange orcs' to hit exalted with a reputation that has little to no impact on the overall story.
    i agree with all of this.

heres the thing, i love content. i love new content, i love old content. i dont even mind for a while doing some content a few times over.

i play because i love my class. ill play a rogue on any shitty expansion they pump out, especially since its basically free now.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Bullshit.

Link me your armory. Show me your progress on:

1 - Hidden faction.
    2 - Any level of raid content.
    3 - Mythic+ progress.
    4 - Professions
    5 - Opening hidden artifact appearances.
    6 - World treasures/toys.
    7 - Broken Isle pet battling & collection.
    8 - PvP prestige.
    9 - Achievements.
    10 - Kara progress
    11 - New mounts and toys
    12 - Suramar quest line
    13 - Artifact quest lines

... and the list goes on and on easily, so that I'm just pitching you the giant softballs. You either won't link your armory because it will show that you have barely scratched the surface on things or you'll say you don't have interest in those things, which has nothing to do with quantity of content.

And notice I left out anything do do with AP andI only only referenced things like dungeons once.

If anyone honestly thinks that Legion has a lack of content, then it says more about you than anything else ... and your inability to locate the plethora of content which is almost hand-fed to you in WoW. You don't like the content they have on the table? Np, that's your prerogative. But to say the expansion lacks content? You just look stupid.
    Its not that the content doesn't exist, its the fact that its rehashed, and makes people burnout quickly. Mythic+ seems to be the only thing new and fresh. Some of the things you listed can be combined into one, or doesn't really qualify as new content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Its not that the content doesn't exist, its the fact that its rehashed, and makes people burnout quickly. Mythic+ seems to be the only thing new and fresh. Some of the things you listed can be combined into one, or doesn't really qualify as new content.
    You do realize this is an MMORPG right?

Clearing dungeons and doing Quests is pretty much the bread n' butter of this genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously there's content. There's always something to do. Is it something that's fun to do?

Leveling artifacts, doing the same things over and over is not fun to me.

Doing the same content on a harder mode is not fun to me.

New areas are fun, some of the quests in this expansion have actually been fun. coming from a guy who rarely reads quest text and doesnt care about lore, this means a lot.

After that it just takes a fat dump. You log in, do your garrison 2.0 bs, do your world quests in hopes of a legendary in the cache instead of worthless 635 ish gear. and thats it.

I don't know. I like the World Quests. I wish I didn't end up doing the same ones each week, but it could be worse.

Deleted
    In this expansion I'm not raiding much due to courses in the evening.
    However as a casual player there isn't much to do.
    In the past I would go rarefarming, which isn't possible anymore because rares are only rare once. It would keep me quite busy before, as it took a while to gather all items they drop.
    I would go valorfarming to get gearupgrades, to reforge, to buy gear with my valor as currency, it would keep people in heroic dungeons. Reforging is gone, gearupgrades are random now, and there are no valorvendors.
    I would go conquestfarming and honorfarming to get gear to wear or for transmog. There are no conquest or honor vendors anymore. Honor is replaced by the talent system.
    I would go farm herbs to level my profession. Now I have to do dungeons/mythics to get recipes. Farming herbs is a pain due to no flying.
    I would go out and finish questing. Now the latest suramar quest line doesn't just require questing, it requires me to do mythics.

That's a lot of content gone
    In my opinion we didn't gain so much more. Raids are still raids, several difficulties of the same raid, making it seem repetitive very fast, the same with dungeons, heroics, mythics, and mythic+. Besides the couple of mythic+ raids, they all feel the same, and very repetitive very fast. Many people outgeared world quests very fast, are drowning in resources, don't need the wq gear. They just do the four they need for the cache and that's it.

Before unsubbing I did my one random bg per day for the artifact power item, 4wq's for the cache, visit the board in my class hall to start missions, and log back out.
    Give back the old content with rarefarming, valorpoints that server several purposes, the old conquest and honor system. At least it gave me something to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I know am gonna get burned by Blizzard fanboys but yes the content in Legion isn't a lot and not what promised.

Its just ITERATED content.

So they just build an algorythm and they are having less dungeons, raid bosses than ever before, they just have different difficulties.

The issue with that is that people get burned through that content, lets see how long people will like to repeat mythic+ for.

Also 7.1 so far has not a lot of things in it, I am waiting for that 3 boss raid filler and then the main raid. Karazhan was a very good example of what content looks like and was actually iterated content but very well done and enjoyable.

I just get annoyed by people saying that Legion has so much content. IT DOESN'T. It just has more repeats than any previous versions of the game.

Edit: To all the people triggered am not saying that Legion is bad, its prolly much better than the past 3 expansions, I am just saying that content wise wise it doesnt have more than other xpacs or much more than "wod", it just iterates smartly through its content.
    What game are you playing? Yes there is alot of repeats from previous expansions, but guess what, that's how it always is!
    I have played WoW since the beginning, and i have never had more to do. Finally i can actually just play my main, and have enough to do, instead of making countless useless alts.

Anyway, i don't get your point - mainly because it is wrong. Guess people will always complain about lack of content or anything for that matter...

Deleted
    Well I stopped playing long ago. For the last month I've only been logging in to make sky golem cooldowns and living steel shuffle. It makes good bit of gold with nearly no effort and gold = money. I decided to quit wow before Legion even launched so I don't care about anything at this point.

As for the game's content I just see huge time sinks everywhere. Even casual content like professions is gated behind lots of stuff, including mythic-only dungeons and exalted reputations (which take an age and a half to reach). I spent most of WOD alting, making gold via crafting stuff etc. Legion doesn't let me do that because I need to grind an ungodly amount of quests and dungeons on every sodding alt to be able to craft anything worthwhile...

In Diablo III I can log in, clear 7 greater rifts, obtain bunch of legendaries, ding 15 paragon lvl's. And it takes all of 60 minutes. What can I do in WoW when I have 60 minutes a day? Bugger all, that's what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    We keep hearing this type of argument, but it just never makes any sense. You'd think by now (every expansion having less content) we would have 1 quest and 1 dungeon and 1 raid.
    Because when something gets gradualy smaller it must be next greater than 0 after 6 iterations and if its not it cant be true. Makes perfect sense... maybe for a grad school dropout. But I guess we will keep hearing this type of argument anyways...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I know am gonna get burned by Blizzard fanboys but yes the content in Legion isn't a lot and not what promised.

Its just ITERATED content.

So they just build an algorythm and they are having less dungeons, raid bosses than ever before, they just have different difficulties.

The issue with that is that people get burned through that content, lets see how long people will like to repeat mythic+ for.

Also 7.1 so far has not a lot of things in it, I am waiting for that 3 boss raid filler and then the main raid. Karazhan was a very good example of what content looks like and was actually iterated content but very well done and enjoyable.

I just get annoyed by people saying that Legion has so much content. IT DOESN'T. It just has more repeats than any previous versions of the game.

Edit: To all the people triggered am not saying that Legion is bad, its prolly much better than the past 3 expansions, I am just saying that content wise wise it doesnt have more than other xpacs or much more than "wod", it just iterates smartly through its content.
    I... i can't. Not today.

We're a few months in, and I'm still doing stuff other than logging in three times a week for raids. That's pretty good for WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Oh good lord, how fucking wrong you are. Someone wasn't around for BC/Cata.
    ?

TBC had the most content of any expansion (it took month for players to complete all content which came with TBC release's, even with a good progression in the raids).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    Of course 80% of the numerical character progression happens in the first two weeks, because you're coming from a previous expansion's gear/leveling greens. Just because the numbers are tighter doesn't mean the progression isn't significant. You're not going to be clearing Heroic (never mind Mythic) Nighthold in Normal EN gear, or doing Mythic +15 in gear you got in Mythic 0. That isn't a problem, that's how MMOs work.
    Guess you didn't understand the main point i was trying to make,i will be more clear

The content that people consider relevant is only relevant because blizz made it in to an rng fest that you need to farm to get titanforged (or an infinite grind with the AP), this creates an illusion of content because the rewards are minimal, but they are still there so players have an incentive to do all these things that give them little progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    It´s not up to you to decide what content is relevant for other people. So when you make a blanket statement like that, you are disregarding that there are people that see that as relevant content.

The artifact gets even better with the paragon trait, so no, there is still a power bump to acquire by the end of the 34 traits. And it´s a huge upgrade. Not to mention that having you artifact maxed out makes a hell of a difference.

Gear has always been like this. People always farmed in the beggining and it got incremental upgrades in the long run. OFC the increase will not be that great after you are geared, it has always been like this.

Mythic+ is content and rewards you with extremely rlevant gear. If you do a +10 mythic, the gear will be worth it, even if does not titanforge.

The only valid complain that you got is the RNG system. But your argument was that the content was not relevant, guess what? For casuals, even the WQ are relevant.
    Guess you didn't understand the main point i was trying to make,i will be more clear

The content that people consider relevant is only relevant because blizz made it in to an rng fest that you need to farm to get titanforged (or an infinite grind with the AP), this creates an illusion of content because the rewards are minimal, but they are still there so players have an incentive to do all these things that give them little progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    ?

TBC had the most content of any expansion (it took month for players to complete all content which came with TBC release's, even with a good progression in the raids).
    That's because of the shit-ton of attunements that people had to go through. People complain about iteration in this expansion? Looks like they haven't played TBC...

And if you still think you're right and I'm wrong, feel free to list all the content that BC had that surpasses any other expansion to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    broken isles and everything that came with legion IS content. just because many people filter out the things they don't want and are left with not enough for their taste doesn't mean that there isn't any or enough content.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Well I stopped playing long ago. For the last month I've only been logging in to make sky golem cooldowns and living steel shuffle. It makes good bit of gold with nearly no effort and gold = money. I decided to quit wow before Legion even launched so I don't care about anything at this point.

As for the game's content I just see huge time sinks everywhere. Even casual content like professions is gated behind lots of stuff, including mythic-only dungeons and exalted reputations (which take an age and a half to reach). I spent most of WOD alting, making gold via crafting stuff etc. Legion doesn't let me do that because I need to grind an ungodly amount of quests and dungeons on every sodding alt to be able to craft anything worthwhile...

In Diablo III I can log in, clear 7 greater rifts, obtain bunch of legendaries, ding 15 paragon lvl's. And it takes all of 60 minutes. What can I do in WoW when I have 60 minutes a day? Bugger all, that's what.
    you didn't play legion, but you heard from everybody around you how the endgame plays out for them.
    you want gold because it somehow equals money via wow token, i assume?
    and you play diablo 3 for instant rewards, while you have to work for something in WoW and get the rewards for the journey and not the destination.

so you aren't really suited for WoW and don't play the current expansion. that's all nice, but it doesn't help any of us.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

There is many things wrong with Legion (more so than WoD) but one of them isn't the lack of content, it's more so the very bad decisions making on Blizzards behalf. Who ever thought forcing Cross Realm Zones into Legion was a fucking great idea needs to be fired and to be black listed from making any sort of game period. Worst "feature" that WoW has ever implemented.

I feel like I have more things I want to do in Legion than I ever did in TBC, MoP and WoD. I do miss the reward and real life $$ from Challenge mode but I'm happy with what I can do now in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    ?

And the only reason for that was poor design, not how much content there was. If you need to spend a month just go get geared (due to awful itemization and lack of alternative gearing routes), and attuned for Karazhan, that is not "more content", that is a huge cockblock before you can even enter the raid. And then the 10->25 man jump killed half the guilds on every realm.

You can easily screw around with arbitrary numbers for BC and say "Oh it had 4 different dungeon hubs with identical assets, a bunch of 1-2 boss raids to inflate the numbers, and the difficulty of BC came from logistics and not execution".

How are peoples memory of BC this warped...
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.