Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Looted my second leg, feel like quitting, hardly the intended effect blizz wanted.

This is gonna come off as melodramatic but to be perfectly honest I am pretty upset as petty as that sounds.

I've spent the last two months playing this game heavily. I did not complain as I watched the majority of my guild raid team loot their legendary items even though I was putting more effort into farming mythic+. I did not complain when I noticed how much those legendary items added to their DPS/HPS/Survival. I also did not complain when they looted multiple legendary items.

Finally after close to two months I got one 3 days ago, [Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus] on my Tank. Of course I was initially happy to finally have one drop. After doing a single dungeon I realized useless it actually was. On my alt(May as well be my second main considering some healers don't show up for raids and I need to swap over) this morning I got another legendary. [Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus]. I cannot even decide if this is more useless on my tank or on my healer.

It's honestly depressing to have to happen not once but twice and has taken so much fun out of the game for me to be perfectly honest. This system has been a complete and utter failure and I genuinely hope that they just outright remove the dozen or so useless legendary items in the game.

I actually feel you on this one. It is really awful to have legendaries that GROSSLY improve your DPS, (As a guardian druid, Luffa's bracers are basically make or break on your dps) and then have legendaries that are literally just garbage for practically everyone. Getting one of the "shitty" legendaries just feels like you got punched in the face with diamond knuckles. Sure, it's diamonds, but they might as well be shards of glass instead.

You can thank jay wilson

Deleted
    I feel with you. And if anyone brings up the typical "Just be glad you actually got one" - No, he shouldnt. this is so very unfair that there is such a large difference in what the legendaries bring.

However, they have stated that they are reworking these. So hopefully they will become useful in a not too distant future.

You've been unlucky, but it's hardly cause for calling the game broken, or?
    Mother pus bucket!

Blizzard stubbornly keep saying that Legendaries are just a "nifty bonus", but the fact of the matter is that the best Legendaries are gamechanging, and give immense bonus to dps/healing/surv.
    With RNG being as fucking retarded as it is, getting a bad Legendary feels like a kick in the nuts.

I've only gotten one, the chest, which isn't bad per se, but it isn't good either, while most my friends have already gotten their BiS and 1-2 okay ones.
    I've had the equip 2 Legendary perk for a while now, but I'm starting to doubt I'll ever get to utilize it.

Deleted
    That system gains a big middle .l.. from me as well.

I have 3.

I may as well not have them at all.

Deleted
    Blizzard told weeks ago that they are working on improvements and changes to many of the useless legendary items. Don't worry about it.

Then quit? No one is stopping you.

This is honestly one of the more pathetic posts I've seen lambasting Blizzard. Do you get this upset when you get a duplicate epic? Or is it just because this particular item is ~orange~ and rarer? Do you realize that by getting a second Opus you in no way reduce your chances of getting another Legendary? It isn't as though you were on the pity timer anyway since you'd already gotten the first one.

Just vendor it and move on, or better, actually go through with quitting because this kind of impossible-to-please, entitled attitude is part of what makes the WoW community slimy these days.

If you want to quit over an item drop, then good riddance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Management View Post
    Blizzard stubbornly keep saying that Legendaries are just a "nifty bonus", but the fact of the matter is that the best Legendaries are gamechanging, and give immense bonus to dps/healing/surv.
    With RNG being as fucking retarded as it is, getting a bad Legendary feels like a kick in the nuts.

I've only gotten one, the chest, which isn't bad per se, but it isn't good either, while most my friends have already gotten their BiS and 1-2 okay ones.
    I've had the equip 2 Legendary perk for a while now, but I'm starting to doubt I'll ever get to utilize it.
    Ret paladin.

If has the cape, you will never keep up on similar Ilvl and gear. It's that simple.

And it's RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You can thank jay wilson
    While I personally don't like how they handled the legendarys so far, You do realize Jay Wilson did not work on Legion at all right?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

may i join the club? i have movement speed legendary boot on my tank (

Finally after close to two months I got one 3 days ago, [Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus] on my Tank. Of course I was initially happy to finally have one drop. After doing a single dungeon I realized useless it actually was. On my alt(May as well be my second main considering some healers don't show up for raids and I need to swap over) this morning I got another legendary. [Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus]. I cannot even decide if this is more useless on my tank or on my healer.
    Depending on the healer you play, that neck is incredibly desirable. My first legendary was a bullshit ring and the thing I wanted more than anything is the neck you just got twice.

Perspective. You need it.

Nope. I completely agree, as do a few people in our raiding group. Watching some people pull down double psycho DPS Legs where the rest of us are no longer allowed to compete? Prob some of the worst design ever in WoW.

Wont be sticking around if something isn't done. This isn't Diablo and fuck even if it was I could have geared three characters up by now in full, proper Legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally did get one the ither day and it was less excitement and more relief it wasnt complete garbage.

The Opus is not bad on your healer. It may not be the best one, but it is a great item to have when you are doing at least somewhat challenging content.
    Its utter garbage on your tank of course but I can assure you that a lot of your disappointment comes from the fact that you get this legendary a second time and it felt SO useless the first time.

This one is not as bad as it sounds, if you go into highter difficulties on M+ for example or the harder fights in EN the 15% will really make a difference. I understand that you are frustated, I just want to show you that this second one is not nearly half as bad as the first one.

I'm right there with you. I have been putting in an insane amount of time for M+ and for my raids. Then the guy who logs on every three days to do an emissary and WQ gets his third Legendary...

Quote Originally Posted by Iyatsu View Post
    Finally after close to two months I got one 3 days ago, [Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus] on my Tank...
    Our Gdruid's neck mitigated 18% of the damage he took on heroic cenarius last clear. Then 4% on xavius, which is not as impressive but still alright.

Not the most amazing legendary in the game, but for a tank it's still pretty good.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I play the game to progress with my guildies not my gear score.. sure I have an "okay" legendary.. it's class specific and not the absorb neck or the loss of control ring? But its bottom of the barrel resto shaman legendary...

Maybe if you played more to have fun instead of keeping up with the jones' you will have more fun.

( we are just starting mythic raids and I'm loving this expansion )