Poll: Has Halloween strayed too far from its tradition?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    o..I dunno...the pic posted does make me think of the word "defilement."

Deleted
    Halloween is a bullshit dumb american commercial holiday. its meaningless, its just been appropriated for consumerism. You cant defile that which is already depraved.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Chastity belts for all!
    Guaranteed to win scariest costume competitions!

Deleted
    Halloween is a pagan holiday, its very existence is an affront to the lord.

No one needed to defile it, it's always been evil.

But hey, it's as good of an excuse as any other to get drunk.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everythng and anyrthing scary has been defiled.

Seriously, when was the last good horror movie you've seen.

I'm tired of paranormal craptivity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Halloween is a bullshit dumb american commercial holiday. its meaningless, its just been appropriated for consumerism. You cant defile that which is already depraved.
    aren't all holidays the same? The consumerism of christmas, new years, thanksgiving, st patricks day, all holidays supermarkets make profit off?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    People are increasingly using Halloween as an excuse to dress up as sluts and other silly outfits,that's what comic cons are for, not Halloween.
    Just as a fun tidbit, quite a few costumes at Comic Con and other conventions are oversexualized too to a degree.

Perfect example, Jessica Nigri.

That being said, no, there's nothing wrong with it. It's a different culture nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Everythng and anyrthing scary has been defiled.

Seriously, when was the last good horror movie you've seen.

I'm tired of paranormal craptivity.
    That's just you realizing the true horror is life.

Defiled big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Maybe in your version of halloween, but the oroginal traditions of the holiday are extremely different than how we celebrate in the west (with or without sluts).
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Saw a link to an article that said something like "Hillary Duff sorry for costume offense".

Clicked it and the headline image was her in a pilgram outfit with some guy dressed as an indian ..oh sorry ..NATTTIIVEEEE MRRRICAAANNNN.

Closed it right there did not read a word further.

Nothing offensive whatsomotherfuckingever about a White guy dressing up as an indian.

Shame on Duff for even pandering to these SJW cucks and their bitch fit outrages.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

i was a man cheetah, it was great

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Just as a fun tidbit, quite a few costumes at Comic Con and other conventions are oversexualized too to a degree.

Perfect example, Jessica Nigri.

That being said, no, there's nothing wrong with it. It's a different culture nowadays.

That's just you realizing the true horror is life.
    Bitch don't get philosophical with me.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Bitch don't get philosophical with me.
    I do what I want!

Also it may or may not have some truth to it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    christmas came from saturnalia, before christianity highjacked it, where romans would celebrate with a big orgy or food, sex, and sometimes sacrifice to the gods.

perhaps its sacrilege not to do these things.
    good thing this thread isn't about christmas but of course you can't resist going on another anti religious rant.
    if i'm not mistaken doesn't halloween have more pagan roots? before the candy companies turned it into another holiday to sell candy just like the retail industry turned christmas into just another materialistic holiday. christmas has very little to do with anything religious anymore.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-10-31 at 07:06 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    aren't all holidays the same? The consumerism of christmas, new years, thanksgiving, st patricks day, all holidays supermarkets make profit off?
    More or less but I don't see it as a bad thing. I enjoy seeing Halloween decorations, same with Christmas.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say, it doesn't matter. Holidays such as Christmas, Easter, and Halloween have become more of a national culture than a religious thing. Some countries celebrate these holidays differently than others. In the U.S. Halloween is basically a party day. There is no traditional celebration in any religious sense. Even Christmas, the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ isn't even celebrated in a religious sense in most of the country. Same with Easter..you might hear a prayer at dinner, but that is about as far as that goes.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm going as danny glover in lethal weapon, full black face, doing it right aka its always sunny style

Damn libs and their #WarOnHalloween

Deleted
    Well that's global, american imperialism for you. Everything will be made funny, bright, shiny and shall bring in lotsa cash.
    Here in Germany nobody cared about Halloween 20 years ago, it was almost non existant. Today is the protestant reformation day here, not some irish folkfest. But, then about 10 years ago it started to get more and more attention and now we have kids running around, begging for candies, people going out at night to get drunk on some shitty costume party and supermarkets making lots of cash selling pumpkins and costumes.
    Same with Valentine's day. It was not existant here 20 years ago either. Many a candy and flowers get sold, that's what counts... not tradition.
    Or Black Friday. Another american tradition which now comes to Europe and soon the rest of the world too.
    Or back in the day Santa Clause.
    I mean, it's just the law of how the global market of goods and media works, you can't stop the moneyflow, and with it, the ideas that drive it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who gives a fuck? Stop getting offended for other people. You can dress up as whatever you want.